Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I don't really know Soumare but by all accounts he's a quality player, I just don't understand why we need another defensive midfielder?   Especially when the glaring weakness in the team is our dysfunctional right hand side.

African cup of nations and papy’s height defending corners are two...

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Reginaldo said:

African cup of nations and papy’s height defending corners are two...

yesterday showed once again that Mendy isn't physical enough to play as the DM in a midfield 2. Playing 5 at the back compensates for that but every time we played Mendy in 4 2 3 1/ 4 4 2 we've got badly overran in midfield. 

5 minutes ago, Staff said:

I have a feeling he's not going to come here now 

Based on not qualifying for CL?

Think the deal was agreed a long time before we could potentially offer CL football. Would be amazed if so much time and effort has gone into signing a player for it to be dependent on CL.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, turlo said:

yesterday showed once again that Mendy isn't physical enough to play as the DM in a midfield 2. Playing 5 at the back compensates for that but every time we played Mendy in 4 2 3 1/ 4 4 2 we've got badly overran in midfield. 

I think it’s harsh to judge him his first game/ half game for several weeks.  The time to judge him would be when he had some consecutive games under his belt  - like when he deputized for ndidi being out injured.

during that time I thought he was a more than able deputy - he was excellent, in fact.

Now that’s not to say he should be a  nailed on starter for a team chasing champions league, but if I was Newcastle, I’d be looking more at Mendy than I would Hamza..

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Based on not qualifying for CL?

Think the deal was agreed a long time before we could potentially offer CL football. Would be amazed if so much time and effort has gone into signing a player for it to be dependent on CL.

Deal has been agreed since February apparently

59 minutes ago, Staff said:

I have a feeling he's not going to come here now 

Jesus.  Mods has this Forum been hacked by the 'Grim Reaper'?

Sounds to me that this Soumare guy is Mendy with muscle and a bit of drive. Recycles, makes tackles and carries the ball a bit. Does all the things that Papy does, probably slightly better, but has a bit of steel about him which, with the possible exception of Wilf, we have sadly lacked in some games and have been over run through the midfield. Would be good addition/replacement for Hamza

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Jesus.  Mods has this Forum been hacked by the 'Grim Reaper'?

Haha calm down and get back to playing your piano. It's just an opinion, he's just won the league in France and has many teams looking at him

• Like 1

3 hours ago, urban fox said:

Sounds to me that this Soumare guy is Mendy with muscle and a bit of drive. Recycles, makes tackles and carries the ball a bit. Does all the things that Papy does, probably slightly better, but has a bit of steel about him which, with the possible exception of Wilf, we have sadly lacked in some games and have been over run through the midfield. Would be good addition/replacement for Hamza

Can’t say I’ve watched him, but he’s nothing like Mendy. He was a static player sat in front of the back four making simple passes. That’s what he was known for, that’s not what Soumare is known for.

5 hours ago, urban fox said:

Soumare's passing is way more progressive. He completes 6.63 progressive passes per 90, compared to 3.23 for Mendy.