Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

He seems like the type of player we’ll utilise against the bigger teams. Imagine Ndidi winning the ball in midfielder and being to pass the ball to him to carry the ball forward, the only player that has this quality aside from defenders is Harvey Barnes 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LCFCbwoi said:

He seems like the type of player we’ll utilise against the bigger teams. Imagine Ndidi winning the ball in midfielder and being to pass the ball to him to carry the ball forward, the only player that has this quality aside from defenders is Harvey Barnes 

Precisely. Being a ball carrier only really works if you have space to carry the ball into on the counter. Can't see him being much use against teams that sit in with a low block.

3 hours ago, SO1 said:

Rodgers is going to love this guy. So many positives watching this.

Some of his 'getting out of tight corners' manoeuvres would have been incredibly useful on Tuesday night.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Thought you didn't like him?

Didn't say that, I said his current skill set is not necessarily needed as a priority signing.

In my opinion we need a striker, a left footed RW/ACM and a left footed defender. Based on my concerns that we won't have the finances to get all of those and then sign a physical central midfielder as well, the news he is first in and has been negotiated for months is why I'm then nervous we will commit the same mistake we've made 3 seasons running.

But it's May and not August so let's see what happens, maybe we get all the players in we need. Soumare could be funded by selling Praet and Choudhury so maybe we have enough to get Edouard, Trincao/Madueke/Olise/Pereira and then Bertrand and possibly a left footed CB.

• Like 1

Guest SO1
13 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Some of his 'getting out of tight corners' manoeuvres would have been incredibly useful on Tuesday night.

Soumare, Tielemans and Ndidi give a totally different dimension to our midfield. Talk about power.

Soumare and Ndidi alone pressing will be the stuff of nightmares for other clubs.

5 hours ago, SO1 said:

Rodgers is going to love this guy. So many positives watching this.

If we play a back 3 and have him and ndidi in front  of them, I don’t think we will ever concede a goal!

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

Even just his ability to run the ball up the pitch for us would've been a massive help

He’s a young player who people generally are giving a very good opinion on. Similar to Fofana. Il be honest, like most players (due to my age and not playing FM all day like I use to) I haven’t seen him play or heard of him. I’m still excited lol.

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

he’ll probably have to adapt a bit.. I don’t think he’ll be getting as much space in the prem..

but he looks like the love child of Kante and Ndidi. Very exciting!

33 minutes ago, MPH said:

he’ll probably have to adapt a bit.. I don’t think he’ll be getting as much space in the prem..

but he looks like the love child of Kante and Ndidi. Very exciting!

Anything that isn't 'immediately falling over after a light bumming' will be an upgrade. On the pitch at least.

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Think it could be 3142 next season. 

Kasper 

Fofana

Evans 

Soyuncu

Wilf 

Castagne 

Tielemans 
Soumare

New left wing back 

2 of Iheanacho/Vardy/Barnes/Edoaurd 

Maddison comes into a variety of games for one of the middle men and it becomes a 3412. 

4 at the back might look like this 

Kasper 

Castagne 

2 of the 3 gods 

New left back

Wilf 

Youri 

Soumare 

Maddison 

2 of the aforementioned 4 for the striker positions.

I really hope not.

We've always looked much better in a 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1. 

I can see why we played 3 CB's at the end of this season as it got our best players on the pitch and our wide option were poor but hope that isn't the long term plan.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LCFCbwoi said:

I agree I see midfield 3 against the top teams being wilf soumare Tilly which if it works how expected seems perfectly balanced

21 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Like fck is that guy 25. He genuinely looks like he's 50! Taribo West and Finidi George all over again! 

I was just thinking... imagine going bald and gray at 25!

:ph34r: