Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Matty James

Can we slap Heskey, Taggart, Izzett and Lennon on big money contracts plz. It's not incredibly cruel of the club to not give people money because they played for us during a successful period. Elliott, Walshy and Claridge to get 50k a week for 10 years for bagging important goals in finals. Mental attitude lol

Good player and unfortunate to have picked up bad injuries, but you're not some kind of psycopathic puppy murderer because you don't think we should have given him a 4 years contract.

• Like 3

I think Brendan deserves a lot of credit for getting his career up and running again.

He was struggling when Brendan came in and took him under his wing. He built his confidence by having him coach some of the young kids, While also getting himself fitter and mentally in a better place.

I hope he gets a good Contract somewhere and goes on to have a few good years injury free.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I think Brendan deserves a lot of credit for getting his career up and running again.

He was struggling when Brendan came in and took him under his wing. He built his confidence by having him coach some of the young kids, While also getting himself fitter and mentally in a better place.

I hope he gets a good Contract somewhere and goes on to have a few good years injury free.

My biggest Rodgers/James memory will always be the sight of Matty James coming on after we went a goal down to Man City lol

Had some trouble trying to explain that one to confused locals in the pub in Liverpool haha. I think "Rodgers is a nut job" was my explanation

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, filbertway said:

My biggest Rodgers/James memory will always be the sight of Matty James coming on after we went a goal down to Man City lol

Had some trouble trying to explain that one to confused locals in the pub in Liverpool haha. I think "Rodgers is a nut job" was my explanation

I think that's when Brendan realized he he had no real future here, given that he'd slowed down and lost some pace.

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

NFP continues his quest to recreate his LCFC team down in Bristol. 

Good luck Matty. 

Been telling my Bristol supporting mate he'd sign Matty for months now. Hopefully can avoid the injury and do well with them 🤞

16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Got a horrible feeling this will go very badly for Pearson. His signings smack of running out of ideas. Bristol's wage bill is pretty bad too, I'd be worried.

They desperately need bodies in the squad, Simpson, James and Kingy provide that. He's lost something like 13 players this summer (so wage bill isn't as bad as it was)

These are the first signings, they've got plenty more planned including some league one talent lined up

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

They desperately need bodies in the squad, Simpson, James and Kingy provide that. He's lost something like 13 players this summer (so wage bill isn't as bad as it was)

These are the first signings, they've got plenty more planned including some league one talent lined up

They're also desperately lacking leaders and winners in the squad. These guys should close off that gap to a degree. 

Talk that Pearson doesn't fully trust current captain Kalas and the responsibility has messed with his form, so potentially Matty will take on this role as well. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Got a horrible feeling this will go very badly for Pearson. His signings smack of running out of ideas. Bristol's wage bill is pretty bad too, I'd be worried.

I think one or two of them will be good signings, but the fact he's still signing the same blokes over and over does seem like he's running out of ideas.

11 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Has Wes been contracted to work for LCFC? Wondering if he'll be the next to join up with NFP (obviously not in a playing role). 

From the article when they announced his retirement - The defender’s association with LCFC will continue in the coming years

https://www.lcfc.com/news/2152650/leicester-city-captain-wes-morgan-calls-time-on-historic-career

18 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think one or two of them will be good signings, but the fact he's still signing the same blokes over and over does seem like he's running out of ideas.

...on the contrary....!!!

He knows what he us going to get with Matty, he would not need to be labour his plans, as he will have a General on the pitch pushing to implement his ideas.

If you can pick up players who you are comfortable with and goes with his personality, then he can build a team with his mentality and philosophy already embedded. It would speed up and support him as he would need players to buy into what he wants and what he is about.

• Like 2