Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

23 hours ago, The Bear said:

I give Conte and Levy 6 months before they've fallen out. 

Make that 6 hours...?

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-antonio-conte-unconvinced-by-tottenham-and-set-to-reject-their-offer-20210604?source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0ue4cOlV3g4sU2aan9njDrLaKcU0WHtVdqUM6X2fUMK-aphbutJDz3Oig

Not the most reliable source though. Romano has said the DoF will sign regardless of Conte's decision. 

22 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Most clean sheets and even gets assists I think it’s hard to ask argue against his inclusion this season. The only player I would question is Shaw

i never get the clean sheets thing on goalkeepers, that's more down to their great defence. his actual goalkeeping isn't that great imo, and he's well overrated. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Back to Brendan then .....,

Don’t see it but not impossible. 

Tieleman’s stalling on new contract, signings that were supposedly done not over the line. 

Nahh, couldn’t be, could it?

Just now, The Bear said:

The bit about not being convinced by the project is what interests me, sounds like they may not be willing to give managers the funds needed to turn the squad into a trophy challenging one

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

The bit about not being convinced by the project is what interests me, sounds like they may not be willing to give managers the funds needed to turn the squad into a trophy challenging one

Yes that’ll entice BR :blink:

25 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

So the typical Levy not wanting to spend too much. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

This was why I was questioning the approach, it wasn't logical. I think it was more motivated by the club trying to show it was looking to get a big name to placate their fans after the ESL debacle. 

It didn't make any sense unless Daniel Levy was going to change his approach completely and spend hugely. Morally, it would have been repugnant given Tottenham used taxpayer money for loans and furlough. 

Why would Conte join a club likely to lose its leading striker when he left Inter because they couldn't commit to not selling some of their top players (although Lukaku has subsequently committed to playing for inter)? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

They’re not impressed on Grand Old Team.

I wouldn't be if I was them either! Right man at the right time for us but taking blue tinted specs has a very poor record since leaving us (and before really) would have relegated us the year after winning the league and a brutal watch style wise