Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

7 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Whether you think they were boring or not, they were better to watch than a Sam Allardyce team. 

I’m not convinced. I was saying it at the time as well I’m not just saying it now. It was some of the worst football I’ve seen in the premier league. He just had some talented players doing it.

13 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Noooooo.  Spurs are supposed to be Spursy, dammit :P 

Yes if Spurs get good and win something it will disrupt the time space continium

The one constant over the years is Spurs shitness

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Yes if Spurs get good and win something it will disrupt the time space continium

The one constant over the years is Spurs shitness

Don't worry. The universe has a way of keeping that in check. Look what happened when they got to a cup final with Mourinho on charge.

The universe conspired to put an untested, unproven manager in the hot seat against one of the finest teams in the Premier league era. 

Death, taxes, and underachievement. 

• Haha 3

If Tottenham get Conte then they are very serious and mean business. It also means they will spend a lot of money this summer because Conte wouldn't come otherwise. We can't let these lot overtake us so we have to keep making intelligent moves.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

If Tottenham get Conte then they are very serious and mean business. It also means they will spend a lot of money this summer because Conte wouldn't come otherwise. We can't let these lot overtake us so we have to keep making intelligent moves.

Let’s see what our squad looks like come the start of next season …. we may have no option but to target all the cups and just take mid table in the league. 

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

I see Zaha has asked Palace to leave. 

Does he just forward the same email every summer? 

How long is his contract? I'm sure he's done this every summer for about five years. 

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

one of the biggest wazzocks in football imo. God knows how he has such a high opinion of himself.

This may be the issue of not being in the UK, but i dont know much about him off the park.. but.. every time ive seen him play, he looks very exciting and would surely help us?

40 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

This may be the issue of not being in the UK, but i dont know much about him off the park.. but.. every time ive seen him play, he looks very exciting and would surely help us?

A bit too much in the histrionics department for my liking. 

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

yes, thats true the wanting out is an issue, but maybe that changes when he is somewhere he wants to be.

Oh, just realised you mean maybe the diving etc?... I imagine that Vards and a couple of our other players are seen in a similar way by opposing fans?

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

yes, thats true the wanting out is an issue, but maybe that changes when he is somewhere he wants to be.

Oh, just realised you mean maybe the diving etc?... I imagine that Vards and a couple of our other players are seen in a similar way by opposing fans?

Yeah, but Vards.

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Zaha is a decent player (as we've found out to our cost in some games!) but I think he benefits from being a big fish in a relatively smaller pond. Earlier in his career there was shades of Demarai Gray and not reaching his potential. He'd improve a lot of sides in the league, but probably only The Other 14.

5 hours ago, foxile5 said:

^^Plus this is a factor. He has historically been fouled an awful lot as you'd expect for a tricky forward, but he doesn't deal with it with much grace.

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Little from column a a little from column b. 

He just doesn't seem to have the right attitude towards the game. He's very talented but the constant agitating and screaming like a wounded gazelle just makes me think he wouldn't be a great fit. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

He loves Palace though remember. 

I admire Zaha a man who donates 10 per cent of his wages each month to charities in this country and the Ivory Coast.  He and his family have also set up the Zaha foundation to help under privileged families in the Ivory Coast.  Through my work I know he is a model professional who visits deprived areas in South London speaking to youths about the dangers of being in a gang and using drugs.  I also admire him on his stance, literally on the Black Lives matter issue, in that it is a political movement and kneeling before every game has lost its meaning hence why he stands.

This man is a role model and I would love him at LCFC.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

I admire Zaha a man who donates 10 per cent of his wages each month to charities in this country and the Ivory Coast.  He and his family have also set up the Zaha foundation to help under privileged families in the Ivory Coast.  Through my work I know he is a model professional who visits deprived areas in South London speaking to youths about the dangers of being in a gang and using drugs.  I also admire him on his stance, literally on the Black Lives matter issue, in that it is a political movement and kneeling before every game has lost its meaning hence why he stands.

This man is a role model and I would love him at LCFC.  

Less of a slight at him and more at the Palace fans who try and paint him as this champion of South London, when he's already left once, come crawling back and has tried over and over to leave again. 

He's also possibly the most miserable footballer I've ever seen, constantly got a face on. You'd have thought someone with such natural ability to do something might actually try to enjoy it once in a while. 

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Less of a slight at him and more at the Palace fans who try and paint him as this champion of South London, when he's already left once, come crawling back and has tried over and over to leave again. 

He's also possibly the most miserable footballer I've ever seen, constantly got a face on. You'd have thought someone with such natural ability to do something might actually try to enjoy it once in a while. 

I kinda want him at the city for those reasons. So ****ing miserable and pissed off that I find it endearing.