Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Surprised Conte would even consider Spurs, they definitely become more dangerous but the man is a head case who will walk out if he doesn't get his own way. 

Id go to any club who pays me £10 to £20 mill to manage them. Fuk pride lol

Worst case i get sacked with a buyout. 

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Surprised Conte would even consider Spurs, they definitely become more dangerous but the man is a head case who will walk out if he doesn't get his own way. 

Wouldn't it make more sense for him to go to Everton? They've consistently given their managers *actual* money to spend AND have won an FA Cup and League much more recently than Spurs.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Conte on the verge of going to Spurs then, it would defy science if they manage to ruin Conte's record of winning a trophy pretty much everywhere he's been.

I was saying this, it's the serial winner combining with the serial losers. It'll be fascinating to see what happens, my bet is that Conte is wheeled out of Spurs and straight to a psych ward when he has  a breakdown.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Wouldn't it make more sense for him to go to Everton? They've consistently given their managers *actual* money to spend AND have won an FA Cup and League much more recently than Spurs.

Spurs always have the pull of London in their favour. Probably sees it as an easy chance to add a European trophy to his CV lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

"Spurs are offering me £10 million a season extra, but did you say you win the FA Cup in the mid-nineties? Aye i'll be up in a few hours"

• Haha 1

You'd think Conte will only move to Spurs if they give him a big budget on transfers, and they keep their best players given the reasons he left Inter. 

Not sure how that happens given the debts Spurs have combined with Levy's approach to spending previously. 

Either Kane leaves and Conte is promised all the money to spend on transfers (but he left Inter because they didn't rule out selling Lukaku so that doesn't make much sense), or Levy has decided it's "sh*t or bust" and they're going all in with the spend. I find it really distasteful if it is the latter given Spurs took taxpayers money for furlough and a loan. 

11 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I was saying this, it's the serial winner combining with the serial losers. It'll be fascinating to see what happens, my bet is that Conte is wheeled out of Spurs and straight to a psych ward when he has  a breakdown.

If they keep Kane then the task isn't quite as huge to perhaps turning them in to a team that could win cups and possibly challenge for the league. The defence is dog shit and they need to tinker with the midfield but up top they are sorted.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

It really is impressive what we do, how we do it and the rewards we get for what we spend. 

Outrageous that Man City and Man Utd have spent an order of magnitude more than Burnley and Palace. The league is both broken and dependent on those who are breaking it.

I hope the independent regular that some are taking about takes shape but I'm still unsure how they'll have any power vis-a-vis the big six and the TV money they bring in to the league, unless the government gives it clout, which I doubt being as those in charge of the big six will have disproportionately more influence on government.

I still think per-club fan veto on long-term league decisions is the only way.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

It really is impressive what we do, how we do it and the rewards we get for what we spend. 

Liverpool is also very impressive. In fact more impressive than us. £120m net spend in 5 years and they've won the 2 big trophies. You have to respect Klopp for turning decent but not great players like Wijnaldum, Gomez, Firmino etc into champions.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Liverpool is also very impressive. In fact more impressive than us. £120m net spend in 5 years and they've won the 2 big trophies. You have to respect Klopp for turning decent but not great players like Wijnaldum, Gomez, Firmino etc into champions.

The issue with Liverpool is that £120mill they received for Coutinho, that basically removes the outlay on VVD and Allison. 

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

The squad he inherited was so bad as well. It included players like Clyne and Lovren.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

The issue with Liverpool is that £120mill they received for Coutinho, that basically removes the outlay on VVD and Allison. 

Fair play? People talk about us rinsing the buying clubs and the Countinho deal is no different. If a club is willing to pay that much it is mental.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

The squad he inherited was so bad as well. It included players like Clyne and Lovren.

Fair play? People talk about us rinsing the buying clubs and the Countinho deal is no different. If a club is willing to pay that much it is mental.

Big thing that’s missing is wages. Liverpool’s bill will be very high. 

And they spent world record or close to world record fees for VVD and Allison. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, lcfc_forever said:

Not doubting it. Obviously been justified because VVD influence on them alone is massive.

3 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

This 100% I can assure you their wage bill dwarfs ours... you can pick players up for free, Man U did with cavani, but look at the wage they have to pay. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

49 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Outrageous that Man City and Man Utd have spent an order of magnitude more than Burnley and Palace. The league is both broken and dependent on those who are breaking it.

I hope the independent regular that some are taking about takes shape but I'm still unsure how they'll have any power vis-a-vis the big six and the TV money they bring in to the league, unless the government gives it clout, which I doubt being as those in charge of the big six will have disproportionately more influence on government.

I still think per-club fan veto on long-term league decisions is the only way.

I think the current model is way fairer than it used to be now that every PL club pretty much has an equal share of the TV revenue. You will never ever stop the powerhouses being able to generate vast sums of money commercially so the only other thing would be wage caps and transfer caps but I've very little interest in seeing that as a way of handicapping the biggest sides, it should only ever be done to stop other clubs grotesquely overspending beyond their means and because of their volatility compared to others, the shit hits the fan.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think the current model is way fairer than it used to be now that every PL club pretty much has an equal share of the TV revenue. You will never ever stop the powerhouses being able to generate vast sums of money commercially so the only other thing would be wage caps and transfer caps but I've very little interest in seeing that as a way of handicapping the biggest sides, it should only ever be done to stop other clubs grotesquely overspending beyond their means and because of their volatility compared to others, the shit hits the fan.

The big difference is the virtual closed shop of the CL where the rewards dwarf other earnings. I'm looking at UEFA.

• Like 1

Re:Spurs, are they really going to change their spots and off the back of a £1bn debt, pile another £100-200m into the Conte project, the higher figure off the back of also apparently not selling Kane. This sounds like Levy noise too me.  Be interesting for sure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Re:Spurs, are they really going to change their spots and off the back of a £1bn debt, pile another £100-200m into the Conte project, the higher figure off the back of also apparently not selling Kane. This sounds like Levy noise too me.  Be interesting for sure.

Levy is tight as fvck and Conte left Chelsea because of not getting the signings he wanted; left Inter because they're in financial ruin. So not sure how much he'll actually get to spend at Spurs...

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Levy is tight as fvck and Conte left Chelsea because of not getting the signings he wanted; left Inter because they're in financial ruin. So not sure how much he'll actually get to spend at Spurs...

From what we have seen of Levy/Spurs historically, this just feels like such a divergence from the norm as to be either bullsh*t or he is actually a pint sized Doctor Evil after all.  :dunno:

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

The system allows the top six to threaten the existence of the other clubs, however, by threatening to pull the plug on the TV money.

I don’t mind successful clubs being successful but English football as a whole, not simply the Premier League, should benefit.

Otherwise the top six pull away massively, the Premier League to a lesser extent pulls away, and English football is left to rot.

The reason this club is a fairytale is because the system it exists within is rotten.

If a regulator can redress the imbalance, so fans and clubs around the country can see an improvement, then great. But I can’t see the gov doing shit for anyone except the billionaires, the globally famous league, its money and its reputation; why would they?

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1