Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

33 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

I admire Zaha a man who donates 10 per cent of his wages each month to charities in this country and the Ivory Coast.  He and his family have also set up the Zaha foundation to help under privileged families in the Ivory Coast.  Through my work I know he is a model professional who visits deprived areas in South London speaking to youths about the dangers of being in a gang and using drugs.  I also admire him on his stance, literally on the Black Lives matter issue, in that it is a political movement and kneeling before every game has lost its meaning hence why he stands.

This man is a role model and I would love him at LCFC.  

Agreed he does a lot of good stuff off the pitch. Always been a fan personally and kept an eye on his career. Really good player but the obvious issue is the money we’d have to pay for a guy of his age, his fee and wages would be sizeable. Don’t think he’s a Brendan type signing either. 

He is a right whinging bitch mind. James ward prowse has zaha in his back pocket every time they play and wilf hates it. YouTube their on-pitch relationship if you want a quick giggle

1 hour ago, suffolk fox said:

I admire Zaha a man who donates 10 per cent of his wages each month to charities in this country and the Ivory Coast.  He and his family have also set up the Zaha foundation to help under privileged families in the Ivory Coast.  Through my work I know he is a model professional who visits deprived areas in South London speaking to youths about the dangers of being in a gang and using drugs.  I also admire him on his stance, literally on the Black Lives matter issue, in that it is a political movement and kneeling before every game has lost its meaning hence why he stands.

It would be any interesting conversation between him and Morgan then who seems to be 100% for taking the knee.

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I kinda want him at the city for those reasons. So ****ing miserable and pissed off that I find it endearing. 

I’m a big fan of him grumpily smoking fag ends while squatting on the touch line. I think he got into coaching late as an amateur too. I half expect him to say something like, “Yeah I got into the top coaching jobs late in life and I can tell you now it’s shit. I could be at home drinking my homebrew, but no I’m out here watching this shower of shit.”

Edited by Foxxed

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I really don't understand Tottenham's finances at all. 

Where is it all going to be coming from if they're giving Conte an enormous salary and getting him to sign by promising a war chest for signings? 

Is this going to be one of those monkey paw wishes where it turns out its all being funded by selling Kane? 

If not, I genuinely don't get it. Levy is one of the shrewdest spenders in the league, in what world do they buy a ludicrously over priced stadium and then get hit by covid but come out richer than ever? 

I mean, is there an NFL franchise London Hotspurs worth billions imminently about to be announced or something? Or is Conte just gullible af? 

I imagined it'll all be leveraged as debt against future earnings from the stadium and TV deals. Plenty of PL clubs borrow against the following season's TV money, as current cash flow is more useful than future income. 

Edited by The Bear

9 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Did they mistake Bill Kenwright for Top? (Easily done, of course)

Most likely. I remember our board were name checked by some big European club in some article a few months ago. Maybe Barcelona or whoever got their 'best of the rest' English clubs mixed up. 

3 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

Not fussed on him coming to Leicester, but I get the impression he is misunderstood.

4 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

He hasn’t said he won’t take the kneel because BLM is a “political issue,” he’s taking the knee because he finds it degrading, because players still receive abuse, and the lack of political action that’s accompanied the symbolic gesture. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Not fussed on him coming to Leicester, but I get the impression he is misunderstood.

There's often something that links 'misunderstood' players with 'attitude problems' in football..... I wonder what it could be.... :ph34r:

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 2

You do realise that that's NOT the reason for which he doesn't take a knee? He doesn't take it because he believes that it's political lol. It's because he believes that just taking a knee does nothing. That it's hypocritical by part of the premier league and that it doesn't achieve anything when there's still racial abuse and such. I'd put the example of the Bulgarian fa who looked the other way on abuse to black England players and then uefa did the same thing. His point is not that black lives matter is this or that rather that the taking of a knee doesn't go far enough. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Is this going to be one of those monkey paw wishes where it turns out its all being funded by selling Kane? 

Might be a bit of a mad thing to say, but I really don't think it would be the worst thing for Spurs if they cashed in on Kane now.

- They've not been able to win anything with him

- He's at his peak form/value wise

- They need about 7 or 8 new players, so why not use his sale to finance that?

I get the impression with Conte coming in and being allowed to hire Paratici over Levy's usual right hand transfer man, that he knows exactly how big a rebuild job he has on, and he probably knows Kane will be leaving to finance it all. 

Also probably worth remembering how rich Lewis and Levy are, Spurs clearly have a lot of stadium debt, but if ENIC decided to have one big season of investment this year I wouldn't put it past them, especially if they felt they had someone at the helm who could deliver instant success.

Spurs could probably sign Lukaku for £60m and Conte would be delighted to have his favourite striker and still be able to sign 4 or 5 others with the Kane money. Not to mention the fact that if City buys him Spurs will probably get a few players thrown in too. 

• Like 1

Are we all getting carried away too easily that someone will actually buy Kane for the price spuds will be asking?

He should have been sold 2 seasons ago when clubs had money to spend pre-pandemic.

I don't think City will go for him. Haaland seems more likely.

Conte' is a proper cartoon character. Can't wait to see his antics boil over once the spuds comedy show starts. Levy is as tight as they come. After all these years he aint gonna suddenly start splashing out willy nilly unless he's lost his marbles. To be honest I couldn't care less for that club I hope they finish below us again and if we face them in Europe we knock them out lol. That final day loss still vexxes me seeing kane score again and that burger boy Bale smiling like a git after we literally let him walk the field to score.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Ends in 2023. Surprisingly he hasn't signed a new contract since 2018, feels like it wasn't that long ago.

Seriously, why did he do it? All the power is with the player in that situation, Palace clearly don't want to sell or only at a high price, he's just locked himself in there really.

On 03/06/2021 at 02:31, FoxyJim1987 said:

Oh Kane will see Conte as a top coach who can bring honours and top players to the club no doubt. Still, Man City are going to go big for a striker and it will be him or Haaland I reckon. Going to be a fascinating summer of transfers and manager changes. 

Absolutely - and (providing we can keep hold of Tielemans), we're in exactly the position I'd want us to be in while the teams around us are going crazy.

Another year of quietly going about our business, retaining our spine while making sensible additions just below the surface. I've grown to like being a relatively quiet club in the off-season. ❤️

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I really don't understand Tottenham's finances at all. 

Where is it all going to be coming from if they're giving Conte an enormous salary and getting him to sign by promising a war chest for signings? 

If not, I genuinely don't get it. Levy is one of the shrewdest spenders in the league, in what world do they buy a ludicrously over priced stadium and then get hit by covid but come out richer than ever? 

I mean, is there an NFL franchise London Hotspurs worth billions imminently about to be announced or something? Or is Conte just gullible af? 

It's all taken care of. His big contact in La Liga, Mr Perez, has promised him admission to a scheme that increases revenue by umpteen percent. All signed, sealed and delivered.