Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Honestly I have no idea. Must be something rumbling on behind the scenes?

Must be, but it’s effectively suicidal or a game of poker that went badly wrong. Massive season coming up for Palace and I think they’ll be fighting relegation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Sorry I didn't mean we should sign them. Just thinking IF we did, and he turned out to be good for us, we'd get praised for it as part of our now-famed recruitment policy. Villa shouldn't be criticised for it just because it's Villa.

We wouldn't pay 50m for him and we wouldn't pay 40m for buendia. They're copying what Everton have done over the years. There's nothing to be praised about it - I could do better scouting on football manager.

• Like 1

Palace, Burnley and Watford. 

Palace have made absolutely no progress for years and are clearly stagnating while Burnley also seem to be on the decline. Watford's trigger happy bosses will see them sack at least one boss before the inevitable yo-yoing cuts in again. 

19 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

One of Palace or Burnley go this time I think.

Both, I reckon.

At least two of the promoted sides will have a real go, and neither of these two sides have made any inroads for years.

Of the two, I'd say it's difficult to see a coach good enough to force through the progress Palace need to make being interested, and Zaha will eventually leave the club. Once that happens, they're not much better than the Sheffield United side who've passed through the Premier League like a lukewarm Maryland. 

36 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Both, I reckon.

At least two of the promoted sides will have a real go, and neither of these two sides have made any inroads for years.

Of the two, I'd say it's difficult to see a coach good enough to force through the progress Palace need to make being interested, and Zaha will eventually leave the club. Once that happens, they're not much better than the Sheffield United side who've passed through the Premier League like a lukewarm Maryland. 

I think both are possible, Southampton too if they're going to sell Ward-Prowse too. Isn't Ings also out of contract in a year? It's mad that they were once heralded as everything we are now and they're firmly circling the bowl nowadays.

I think Brentford will end up being OK. They're a clever club, they'll have some good targets lined up.

Think Watford will be fine as well. Unsure about Norwich. I'm fine with making big sales but they've cashed in on their best player immediately. They're going to have to buy well. I thought Norwich went too far the other way two years ago - didn't they buy about one player? You can't bank the cash, bounce back up, sell your star player then refuse to make a fist of it again.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Wouldn’t say Villa is good scouting. Decent organisation yes and part of me still says this is them readying a decent bid for Grealish 

Let's face it, if he has a half-decent tournament, he'll be on the radar of City, United and maybe one or two of the European giants too. It'd leave them with 2-3 weeks post-Euros to get a replacement so fairly shrewd to get the business done early.

Palace and Burnley will struggle. Norwich are almost certain to yo-yo again with their main man gone. The absolute epitomes of clubs that are Championship fodder without their current managers.

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think both are possible, Southampton too if they're going to sell Ward-Prowse too. Isn't Ings also out of contract in a year? It's mad that they were once heralded as everything we are now and they're firmly circling the bowl nowadays.

I think Brentford will end up being OK. They're a clever club, they'll have some good targets lined up.

Think Watford will be fine as well. Unsure about Norwich. I'm fine with making big sales but they've cashed in on their best player immediately. They're going to have to buy well. I thought Norwich went too far the other way two years ago - didn't they buy about one player? You can't bank the cash, bounce back up, sell your star player then refuse to make a fist of it again.

We shouldn't forget that.

Agree about Brentford, that may just be wishful thinking though. But I'm sure they'll be OK.

The thing I don’t get with Villa is that they have an absolutely massive squad. I suspect they still have all those donkeys still on their books when they went on that post promotion spending spree of spending £120m on 12 players. And they seem to add to it all the time.

40 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Brentford will go down for certain. Then perm 2 from about 6 for the other spots. Please make Palace one of those. Pretty please 

For certain? 

I'm not so sure. 

They get their recruitment on point fairly regularly and I think they're set up quite solidly to survive and then stay in PL for a couple of seasons at least. They shouldn't be underestimated. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Wouldn’t say Villa is good scouting. Decent organisation yes and part of me still says this is them readying a decent bid for Grealish 

Agree with this. Very unlikely they spend 70m on two new midfielders and keep Grealish. Suggests they're expecting him to leave. 

10 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

The thing I don’t get with Villa is that they have an absolutely massive squad. I suspect they still have all those donkeys still on their books when they went on that post promotion spending spree of spending £120m on 12 players. And they seem to add to it all the time.

It's not exactly that big you look at the villa bench last season, there was much strength. Looks like there going to busy this summer Ward-Prowse is on there radar now. I can imagine they'll pull off deals for abraham and loftus cheek.

Edited by Leicesterpool

9 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We desperately need to buy in a couple of pacey players. We don't have a single one available ATM and if Barnes and Justin don't recover we won't have any pace in the whole squad.

You can have Traore for £40m 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 4