Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Kind of surprised we weren't in for Buendia, right sided midfielder / forward with 15 goals / 15 assists in the Championship. He looked against us too when he was last in the division, even if the end product wasn't there back then. Ollie Watkins proved that an expensive Championship signing is no joke, and that the top players in that division can do damage in this one.

Will be interesting to see who we sign for that position, with Gray and Under leaving I think we will sign one player at least that plays out wide, even if it's a loan signing again like Under.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Buendia is good business even for the £40+ million they will end up paying. Saying that, if you ever need a laugh, check out villa’s net spend since they came back up. 

They’ll have to hope it doesn’t come back to bite but guess they will just sell Grealish.

Norwich will be pleased to get the deal done and get some funds in to spend.

Edited by Super_horns

1 hour ago, Yes said:

It’s great that Arsenal didn’t get him but Villa are starting to look like another team to worry about next season.

Possibly, if Grealish stays. A front 4 of Traoré, Buendia, Grealish and Watkins is very decent. But if they lose Grealish, that would be a huge blow. 

6 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

They’ll have to hope it doesn’t come back to bite but guess they will just sell Grealish.

Norwich will be pleased to get the deal done and get some funds in to spend.

It's surely a disaster for Norwich. Selling your best player just after you get promoted....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Possibly, if Grealish stays. A front 4 of Traoré, Buendia, Grealish and Watkins is very decent. But if they lose Grealish, that would be a huge blow. 

Grealish won’t stay. There’s a reason this deal was done so quickly. Reminds me of when we brought in Maddison and Ricardo in really early and then saw Mahrez leave. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

2 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

That signing shows 1) That Villa mean business 2) Arsenal have really fallen away - them losing a major signing to a mid table side would have been unthinkable a few years ago 

Is it just me that wonders why Arsenal were even in for him? Their issues are in midfield and defence. Their first choice defence includes the likes of Chambers, Holding, Mari and Luiz!lol

8 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Think west ham will struggle - 8th-12th next season with Europe 

I do as well and when you loan players in like Lingard then you essentially go into the next season a man down anyway in such a crucial position. 

West hams stadium wil always be the death of them 🤮

8 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Levy really is a huge issue for any manager going there. Squad is reliant on Kane turning up as well. 

from a front three of Moura Kana Son is as good as anything in the league

2 hours ago, UHDrive said:

I do as well and when you loan players in like Lingard then you essentially go into the next season a man down anyway in such a crucial position. 

West hams stadium wil always be the death of them 🤮

Same way like Wolves really I think, be interesting to see if west ham give it a go in the Europa league, problem is your league form will suffer.

5 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Grealish off? How can a club like villa spend £60 odd million net spend yet we can’t? Having played champions league and European football recently? 

Their owner is just pumping money in.

Their revenue is 130m. Ours will be in excess of 200m in a normal year.

5 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Grealish off? How can a club like villa spend £60 odd million net spend yet we can’t? Having played champions league and European football recently? 

Their wages are nowhere near what ours are yet, we are operating at 85-90% turnover just on wages.

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Buendia really should have been snapped up when Norwich went down, for half the price. Same with Aarons. 

They demanded £40m last summer. I think there was an agreement with Norwich and Buendia that of he stayed and got them back up that he could go for the same price as they demanded last summer.

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They demanded £40m last summer. I think there was an agreement with Norwich and Buendia that of he stayed and got them back up that he could go for the same price as they demanded last summer.

That is correct. They have planned for him leaving but he'll be bloody difficult to replace. 

• Like 1