Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

So Conte would rather be unemployed than manager Spurs? Got it! 

Literally what I said a couple of days ago, I genuinely think there's a good chance Conte will start the new season without a club because he just wants the very, very top table. 

He wants a Man City, Real Madrid, type job where he's got both the money and the pulling power to get the best players in the world and win the CL. 

I'm loving this atm tbh because it looks like Levy had all these aspirations to sign the best of the best and the reality is slowly sinking in. 

Next stop, Klinsi lol

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

This was why I was questioning the approach, it wasn't logical. I think it was more motivated by the club trying to show it was looking to get a big name to placate their fans after the ESL debacle. 

It didn't make any sense unless Daniel Levy was going to change his approach completely and spend hugely. Morally, it would have been repugnant given Tottenham used taxpayer money for loans and furlough. 

Why would Conte join a club likely to lose its leading striker when he left Inter because they couldn't commit to not selling some of their top players (although Lukaku has subsequently committed to playing for inter)? 

Knowing Levy you're probably spot on, maybe it's been done to maximize ST renewals lol

I still think Potter, Levy wants a yes man.

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Literally what I said a couple of days ago, I genuinely think there's a good chance Conte will start the new season without a club because he just wants the very, very top table. 

He wants a Man City, Real Madrid, type job where he's got both the money and the pulling power to get the best players in the world and win the CL. 

I'm loving this atm tbh because it looks like Levy had all these aspirations to sign the best of the best and the reality is slowly sinking in. 

Next stop, Klinsi lol

Managers like Conte don't need to risk their reputation by going to a car crash like Spurs. Too much of a risk, these managers win things because they have a proven formula that given money and the right set up then they will deliver, they don't go and do it at anything other than the biggest and best resourced clubs around the world. 

Spurs need to target one of the best up and coming managers and hope they get back to where they were 3 years ago and then keep pushing. Not easy though, this is why our current model of cleverly cashing in on certain players and evolving the squad can keep us moving in the right direction rather than the squad get stale and disillusioned and effect output.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

When I look at these other clubs' forums, I'm always struck by how toxic Fighting Cocks is. Redcafe, BlueMoon, RAWK, KUMB, GrandOldTeam for example have some decent content and discussion. The Spurs one is just everyone calling each other a cvnt....(but then it is Spurs fans so I guess that's about right!) 

If anyone ever has a falling out here it’s like we have to have a candlelit dinner by way of an apology. The Fighting Cock is like that really dodgy pub everyone’s dad told them about where you’re pretty sure they’re all armed and dangerous.

“pint of bitter plea-“

“Shut up you caaaaaaaaaaant”

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

If anyone ever has a falling out here it’s like we have to have a candlelit dinner by way of an apology. The Fighting Cock is like that really dodgy pub everyone’s dad told them about where you’re pretty sure they’re all armed and dangerous.

“pint of bitter plea-“

“Shut up you caaaaaaaaaaant”

It’s nominative determinism. Fighting and talking cock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2