Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Yeah and he's not going to be fit all season. For all the talk of how strong they are, they finished with 1 more point than the previous season despite spending 250m. They know how to frustrate city and they beat us marginally when we're nursing injuries and had been out partying.

Don't buy the tuchel love in. Chelsea don't stick with managers for long and he doesn't stick around at clubs for long.

Agree with this.

I think Chelsea will be top 4 next season but thats all in terms of the league.

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

They won the two most important ones games they played in the last month.

Did you actually read the 538 piece?  The numbers they put up under Tuchel were pretty impressive. And guaranteed he's going to be more attacking next season.

2 games in a month is different to 38 games in a season.

The issue for them at the minute is scoring. In the CL final they should have been 2 up before they scored.

I always feel, watching them, I don't wanna go 1 down as it's hard to come back yet going 1 up against them is more comfortable than against other sides (and I include Man Utd in that). They had a lot of possession against us in the FA Cup final but didn't do that much with it. They only had three shots on target all game.

I commented towards the end of the season how un-bothered Ancellotti looked when they were shitting away home points. A more adventurous and/or interested manager could've had them challenging with us. They do have a decent squad with a few obvious shortfalls, but then so do we. 

3 hours ago, NasPb said:

We all know how good Kante is but tuchel doesn't convince me. He struggles against smaller teams. Great in a knock out tournament though against the big sides. 

They have problems with teams that sit deep and counter. Just like us. 

10 minutes ago, enmac said:

They have problems with teams that sit deep and counter. Just like us. 

Almost every manager of a gegenpress side has this problem once their team becomes marked. 

Ranieri in 16/17, Klopp this year, Germany in the last world cup, Atleti almost every year unless the big two are beyond garbage. 

It's why Pep’s approach will be better over 9/10 league seasons. His sides are well equipped for the imbalance of modern football which usually boils down to the big teams playing attack vs defence drills vs the little teams. 

Ironically, its also why he's struggling to win the CL with Man City because now so much of those other sides know how to press and counter and keep picking him off and he's vulnerable in a one off knock out game. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

Madness how our players have been ignored. Greenwood had 1 goal up until March or something, Alexander-Arnold was shit for most of the season, Saka had a decent season but not sure its enough to nominated for player of the year, Rice was good but again no better than any of ours. Fofana, Justin and Barnes punished for not being around towards the end of the season. Are these nominated by the players, if so its hard to argue but its ridiculous to not have at least Fofana nominated. 

Just realised age may have stopped Justin and Barnes lol but still ...

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

How is Fofana or JJ not nominated? Think Youri could've squeezed in given he was only 24 in May. 

But as per, only 1 non big six player.

I think the PFA changed their rule so the player had to be 21 or under at the start of the season - rather than 23 like it used to be. Doesn't explain Fofana's omission, but understandable that JJ isn't there. Likewise with Dias not being in the YPOTY nominees even though he also only turned 24 in May.

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Madness how our players have been ignored. Greenwood had 1 goal up until March or something, Alexander-Arnold was shit for most of the season, Saka had a decent season but not sure its enough to nominated for player of the year, Rice was good but again no better than any of ours. Fofana, Justin and Barnes punished for not being around towards the end of the season. Are these nominated by the players, if so its hard to argue but its ridiculous to not have at least Fofana nominated. 

Just realised age may have stopped Justin and Barnes lol but still ...

Aged 23 or under at start of the year makes you eligible for it. 

Agree with everything you've said otherwise. Baffles me how Saka, Greenwood or Rice were nominated ahead of ours. 

Just now, Xen said:

I think the PFA changed their rule so the player had to be 21 or under at the start of the season - rather than 23 like it used to be. Doesn't explain Fofana's omission, but understandable that JJ isn't there. Likewise with Dias not being in the YPOTY nominees even though he also only turned 24 in May.

In which case you may be right. The mirror here  suggests it was 23 still, but its the mirror so. 

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

In which case you may be right. The mirror here  suggests it was 23 still, but its the mirror so. 

Wiki seems to suggest its 23 also. I'd seen it mentioned on twitter that it had been reduced, but maybe that was just circumstantial because all the shortlisted players would qualify as u21 anyway.

It'll be going to Foden or Mount anyway, though, even if some of ours were included.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

How is Fofana or JJ not nominated? Think Youri could've squeezed in given he was only 24 in May. 

But as per, only 1 non big six player.

Thanks for sharing..

For me Youri should be involved in the player of the season. Gundagon had a spell of 2 months where he was brilliant. Not really for the whole season. KDB by his own standards I don't think matched his previous seasons. Youri has had a brilliant season for a team who finished 5th and won the FA Cup. I think he definitely deserved to be in this list. 

41 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Aged 23 or under at start of the year makes you eligible for it. 

Agree with everything you've said otherwise. Baffles me how Saka, Greenwood or Rice were nominated ahead of ours. 

In the tweet you shared it says they had to be 21 or under on 1st July 2020. So JJ and Tielemans aren't allowed.

Saka bailed Arsenal out this season with some massive performances. Rice was instrumental for West Ham for a large part of the season. Greenwood has been pretty sensational for United and looks a ridiculous prospect. Mount and Foden nobody can argue with. I'm surprised TAA is in ahead of Fofana though, obviously assists and goals are more flashy than absolutely dominant defensive performances from a teenager in his first season in the country.

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

In the tweet you shared it says they had to be 21 or under on 1st July 2020. So JJ and Tielemans aren't allowed.

Saka bailed Arsenal out this season with some massive performances. Rice was instrumental for West Ham for a large part of the season. Greenwood has been pretty sensational for United and looks a ridiculous prospect. Mount and Foden nobody can argue with. I'm surprised TAA is in ahead of Fofana though, obviously assists and goals are more flashy than absolutely dominant defensive performances from a teenager in his first season in the country.

Damn I am bloody oblivious :revenge: