Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

27 minutes ago, Langston said:

Moura falls into the same bracket as Lamela, Bergwijn etc - their squad is littered with players who have one reasonable game every half a dozen.

I'd kill to have Moura as a main wide option

Hes far above the likes of Perez and Albrighton in terms of ability for me

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Crystal Palace look likely to struggle next season - currently managerless, Zaha wants to go and 22 others out of contract (including a lot of first teamers).

Them Norwich and perhaps Newcastle are my tips to go down. Or Burnley if they lose Chris Wood.

For me the clubs to go down will be Palace, Burnley and Watford. 

11 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

For me the clubs to go down will be Palace, Burnley and Watford. 

The teams coming up are all dog shit though! Norwich, the same team as last time living their best player to Villa, Watford yes whilst changing manager 10 times, Brentford the least bad of a bunch of average teams. They all need serious investment to compete. 

Arsenal fans 3 days ago: If it's us or Villa he's already ours.
Arsenal fans today: Obviously we weren't really that interested in signing him.

So here we go, having the same old fight again... :D 

17 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

That is correct. They have planned for him leaving but he'll be bloody difficult to replace. 

There’s a rumour that they are signing pereira. 

now if he does haves 25m clause and they get him. They will imo get the better player and bank 15m. It would be a fantastic deal if they pull it off 

6 hours ago, Langston said:

Moura falls into the same bracket as Lamela, Bergwijn etc - their squad is littered with players who have one reasonable game every half a dozen.

Tottenham are an average team with two World class players. 

Southampton will be in a relegation battle next season. Let in the second highest amount last season and they’re actually quite shit when you watch them.

Could see Norwich dropping and then one of Burnley or Palace.

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Aston Villa seem to be getting their act together very early...anything to do with Rob McKenzie joining them after leaving Leuven?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Buendia and JWP ... That’s hardly scouting ???

I'm concerned that they're getting the business done early, although I wouldn't be averse to Buendia or Ward Prowse in our squad.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Buendia and JWP ... That’s hardly scouting ???

No, but it is good recruitment from them regardless.

We'd get praised for it if they turn out to add to the squad and provide a huge benefit.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Crystal Palace look likely to struggle next season - currently managerless, Zaha wants to go and 22 others out of contract (including a lot of first teamers).

Them Norwich and perhaps Newcastle are my tips to go down. Or Burnley if they lose Chris Wood.

How do you let 22 players slip out of contract?

8 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

I'm concerned that they're getting the business done early, although I wouldn't be averse to Buendia or Ward Prowse in our squad.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We'd get praised for it if they turn out to add to the squad and provide a huge benefit.

Would love JWP here but we have other more pressing priorities 

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't know if it would be good business. You'd assume JWP would cost £30m, so £60/£70mill for Buendia (still unproven at Prem) and JWP who doesn't set the league on fire isn't great. 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Would love JWP here but we have other more pressing priorities 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

I don't know if it would be good business. You'd assume JWP would cost £30m, so £60/£70mill for Buendia (still unproven at Prem) and JWP who doesn't set the league on fire isn't great. 

Sorry I didn't mean we should sign them. Just thinking IF we did, and he turned out to be good for us, we'd get praised for it as part of our now-famed recruitment policy. Villa shouldn't be criticised for it just because it's Villa.

• Like 3

Just now, StanSP said:

Sorry I didn't mean we should sign them. Just thinking IF we did, and he turned out to be good for us, we'd get praised for it as part of our now-famed recruitment policy. Villa shouldn't be criticised for it just because it's Villa.

Understood that aspect, just genuinely dont think the amount they'd pay would be worthwhile with what they'd get back from it.