Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

Manchester United (A) Pre Match (Tues 11 May 2021 18:00) BT Sport

26 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

N'didi, Tielemens and madders are the midfield that got us where we are, play him as a 10 with some width either side and I think we'll see that player again that pundits were saying should be in the euros, that is unless he's sulking which is entirely possible. 

I don't doubt his ability but his fitness, work rate and team ethic are seriously in question at the mo.

8 minutes ago, sdb said:

I don't doubt his ability but his fitness, work rate and team ethic are seriously in question at the mo.

If Brendan wants work rate from that position then there's Denis but for some reason he doesn't like him. We could play N'didi, Mendy and push Youri up, I wouldn't object to that. 

• Like 1

Not read through this thread but I can't be the only one who thinks this, it seems almost criminal to think it never mind type it, but Vardy has to sit this one out, he's not offering enough at the minute. I'm by no means saying he's finished or bin him off just think for these crunch league games we need everyone at it and he's just not looked anything like at it for months now. Kel up top by himself would allow more attack minded players in the middle/out wide, it's not guaranteed to improve us but got to be worth a go. 

3 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Fofana Castagne

Wilf

Albrighton Youri Mads Praett

Nacho

I like this but I'm thinking, could vardy play as a winger instead of Praet? 

• Like 1

Just now, splinterdream said:

He could, for sure, I just think the system we've ran in the last 2 games has clearly failed miserably and switching to what looks a more attacking team on paper would benefit us, I'd much rather we lose out on top 4 totally going for it than repeat last season and just go out with a whimper, we have to go out on our sword if that's what happens. In the 4 1 4 1 I've put forward you can be fluid in and out of possession. Out of possession youri can drop back and wilf can cover the left hand side to help out Castagne, because on the right you've got Albrighton who we all know has those good defensive qualities to help out. So yes with that in mind we could play Vardy on the left, where he often drifts anyway and you'd hope to get him more involved in the game than he has been of late, I just think for this one game he needs a rest, he just doesn't look at it, I'd rather have him as the ultimate super sub if the game is in the balance with 20/30 minutes to go in the hope it'll stick a rocket up his bum and give him the freedom to just tear it up and be the Jamie pre injury we all know and love. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

He could, for sure, I just think the system we've ran in the last 2 games has clearly failed miserably and switching to what looks a more attacking team on paper would benefit us, I'd much rather we lose out on top 4 totally going for it than repeat last season and just go out with a whimper, we have to go out on our sword if that's what happens. In the 4 1 4 1 I've put forward you can be fluid in and out of possession. Out of possession youri can drop back and wilf can cover the left hand side to help out Castagne, because on the right you've got Albrighton who we all know has those good defensive qualities to help out. So yes with that in mind we could play Vardy on the left, where he often drifts anyway and you'd hope to get him more involved in the game than he has been of late, I just think for this one game he needs a rest, he just doesn't look at it, I'd rather have him as the ultimate super sub if the game is in the balance with 20/30 minutes to go in the hope it'll stick a rocket up his bum and give him the freedom to just tear it up and be the Jamie pre injury we all know and love. 

we're on the same page with this, I've posted a similar formation. back to basics, hard to beat, see where we're at after 45 minutes. 

Guest Fktf
25 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

No. See any England appearance he made.

43 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Not read through this thread but I can't be the only one who thinks this, it seems almost criminal to think it never mind type it, but Vardy has to sit this one out, he's not offering enough at the minute. I'm by no means saying he's finished or bin him off just think for these crunch league games we need everyone at it and he's just not looked anything like at it for months now. Kel up top by himself would allow more attack minded players in the middle/out wide, it's not guaranteed to improve us but got to be worth a go. 

His form definitely suggests leaving him out is a viable option. But...his form against the big 6 is just too good. Time for one more rustle.

Guest Fktf
Just now, splinterdream said:

difference being he was in his prime, at present he needs to contribute to the cause, I think he'd no doubt see that

None of that relates to the fact he's not good playing from the sides. He couldn't do it in his prime, it isn't going to be different now.

He's contributed quite a few assists recently also, no?

3 minutes ago, Fktf said:

None of that relates to the fact he's not good playing from the sides. He couldn't do it in his prime, it isn't going to be different now.

He's contributed quite a few assists recently also, no?

He constantly comes in from the left, infact I'd say he's already been playing that role with how ineffective our left sided wing back has been, I mean kel and vardy is hardly Leo and vardy or nugent and vardy is it? 

Guest Fktf
8 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

He constantly comes in from the left, infact I'd say he's already been playing that role with how ineffective our left sided wing back has been, I mean kel and vardy is hardly Leo and vardy or nugent and vardy is it? 

Yes, but that's a bit simplistic. He starts more central and runs into that left channel. Very different to playing as a winger, where you have to track a full back, and your starting position is already wide when we have the ball, and also much deeper on the pitch 

Edited by Fktf

I can't see us suddenly pulling out a top performance. Confidence is low and no Evans is a huge miss. We need a bit of good fortune to get the win I think. Man U on an off day or a lucky deflection/penalty etc. If we can cut out the mistakes and keep things tight, we could nick a much needed win and confidence booster! They are beatable, especially with a tired or weakened side! Bring it on! This is what football is all about :scarf:

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, splinterdream said:

difference being he was in his prime, at present he needs to contribute to the cause, I think he'd no doubt see that

he's set up a fair few of Nacho's goals and Albrighton's Friday night he IS contributing

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, dayday said:

In our last 13 games including cups we have W6 D2 L5.

In them games

S Prague deserved to lose

Arsenal- deserved to lose

Burnley- very lucky to draw

Brighton- very lucky to win

Sheff Utd- beat a poor team

Man Utd - beat a jaded team

Man City- deserved to lose

West Ham- deserved to lose 

Southampton( cup)just shaded it

WBA- beat a poor side

C Palace- very lucky to win

Southampton- disappointing draw

Newcastle- deserved to lose 

Looking at them games, we have only looked good in 3 of them, 2 against crap teams, Sheff Utd and WBA, the other was against a supposedly jaded Man Utd team.

People can paper over the cracks but we have been poor for quite a while now, and I personally think its down the available players we have and Rodgers not picking our best available 11 players.

Vardy looks lost on the LW, and his best days are behind him 

Castagne is best at RB, not LB or CB, it really makes us unbalanced.

We are carrying passengers in Maddison and Ricardo who are just not fit and we would be better of playing Thomas to play LB, Praet or Perez in for Maddison.

If true Its good the club are targeting players in the right areas, LB, RW, CF and midfield, because them places need strengthening badly.

This is all true. We've been poor for a while now. The Barnes and Justin injuries have really hit us I think.

Guest Danny Clender
8 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Fofana Castagne

Wilf

Albrighton Youri Mads Praett

Nacho

I had Soyuncu for Evans, but this is what I came up with as well, sort of. 

On paper, not 4-1-4-1, but the same players. 

Leaves plenty of options for the panic switcheroo when required. 

System needs to change... teams are focused on hitting us on the break and it's really exposed us the last couple of games. Last three games go four at the back get ourselves organised and tight, might be ugly but let's make it difficult.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

This is all true. We've been poor for a while now. The Barnes and Justin injuries have really hit us I think.

Plus, Iheanacho’s astonishing run of goal scoring has repeatedly got us out of a mess... and saved the blushes of others, notably Vardy.

• Like 2