Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

Manchester United (A) Pre Match (Tues 11 May 2021 18:00) BT Sport

43 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I think Ricardo is struggling because he has nobody to work with. Hes never been a Traore type who can blast past players.

He relies on quick 1-2's and movement. At the moment he gets the ball on the half way line with a player up his arse and then another player behind. So every time he just passes backwards.

Despite all the brickbats he gets, especially when employed on the right, Perez always combined well with Ricky, making little round the corner passes and one-twos, linking with the midfield

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Kasper

Fofana      Cags     Fuchs

Ricardo                                            Castagne

N’didi 

Praet                     Teilemans 

Kelch

Vardy 

Play on the counter and pray the to heavens. 

my choice too

5 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Despite all the brickbats he gets, especially when employed on the right, Perez always combined well with Ricky, making little round the corner passes and one-twos, linking with the midfield

Compared to the alternative, which is nothing, that sounds like a dream right now :D

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

I think Ricardo is struggling because he has nobody to work with. Hes never been a Traore type who can blast past players.

He relies on quick 1-2's and movement. At the moment he gets the ball on the half way line with a player up his arse and then another player behind. So every time he just passes backwards.

yes, he's being asked to be a wing back, he just didn't seem to have the pace or the confidence to play that role. He needs to be as gifted creatively when attacking and enregtic and fit enough to get back defensively although your right sided CH should be cover. Ricardo just is nowehere near able to play this role, maybe he could play as a full back as you say, with a winger to overlap, for me that is what we should hhave played yesterday.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Kasper

N’didi 

Kelch

Vardy 

the reason i think this wont work is this ricardo isn't capable as playing as a wing back, castagne isn't eith and especially on the left, we'll therefore sit back to an onslaught as we'll have no wide outlet. Ther'll be a gap between defense and attack.

For me if you want to play on the break we should play 4-1-4-1 in the first half and change it up if required in the second.

Castagne

Fofana

Soyuncu

Fuchs

N'didi

Perez

Tielemens

Maddison

Albrighton

Iheanacho

Add Vardy 2nd half or change with Nacho, swap Fuchs for Thomas, Perez for Under or Maddidson for Praet. Those options are all there. This is a defensive set up for me that will hopefully get a result with the players we have but can be diversified during the game quite easily.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

We are good against the “bigger” sides typically, we can still do it the hard way. 

I suspect we will be playing a second string United team based on Oles comments. Winnable, so is the Spurs game. Chelsea is going to be very tough given their current form. 

No chance of picking anything up at Stamford Bridge, comfortable 2/3-0 win for Chelsea. The FA Cup final will run similar unless we play incredible.

Man U and Spurs games need to bring 4-6 points. Nothing less will be acceptable. Both are realistic.

I wouldn’t say Ricardo or Timmy can’t play as wing backs, because they can..... our problem is offering support to those wide areas whilst defending, and being able to keep the moving quick enough. 

Praet is the only midfielder we have who can perform something like a box to box role, he is capable of carrying the ball up the field, as it Ricardo and Timmy....

By having that three man CM it mean Praet can also cover the wing back roles as can Youri. But in attack it means Praet can push higher or Youri can push higher to support. Extra bodies in midfield mean we can be more compact, we can’t afford to be open again, and unfortunately I think we need to go defensive, and try to counter. In the form we’re in we simply can’t go toe to toe with United otherwise we will get savaged. 

In recent games we’ve conceded goals far too easily with balls and runs into the channels. I feel this formation could stop that. What we’ve been doing has not been working, and I think the 4-1-4-1 formation leaves us too static and isolates the attacker. 

Obviously I’m no coach, but, I think we’ve got to be conservative before adventurous. 

Edited by Pliskin

4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Kasper

N’didi 

Kelch

Vardy 

Like that. Fuchs might not have legs but he has a spine unlike most others!!! 

2 hours ago, splinterdream said:

the reason i think this wont work is this ricardo isn't capable as playing as a wing back, castagne isn't eith and especially on the left, we'll therefore sit back to an onslaught as we'll have no wide outlet. Ther'll be a gap between defense and attack.

For me if you want to play on the break we should play 4-1-4-1 in the first half and change it up if required in the second.

Castagne

Fofana

Soyuncu

Fuchs

N'didi

Perez

Tielemens

Maddison

Albrighton

Iheanacho

Add Vardy 2nd half or change with Nacho, swap Fuchs for Thomas, Perez for Under or Maddidson for Praet. Those options are all there. This is a defensive set up for me that will hopefully get a result with the players we have but can be diversified during the game quite easily.

Interesting. See a lot of sense there. I also see a wet wipe with a hip more crumbly than my nan's in centre mid 🥴🤮

go to a back 4, especially if Evans isn't fit, play a diamond midfield, Praet and Tielemans either side or Wilf with Perez behind the strikers, Maddison is clearly not fit and worse in full show pony mode and he needs to be dropped

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, sdb said:

Interesting. See a lot of sense there. I also see a wet wipe with a hip more crumbly than my nan's in centre mid 🥴🤮

N'didi, Tielemens and madders are the midfield that got us where we are, play him as a 10 with some width either side and I think we'll see that player again that pundits were saying should be in the euros, that is unless he's sulking which is entirely possible. 

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Probably one of his mates. Bloke is an absolute weirdo. Don't think it can be him given he was posting during the game.

Ah I see. Well hopefully he tells madders to buck his ideas up and start performing! 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've not thrown the towel in completely yet this season but I think Utd will score 3 or 4 on Tuesday, let's hope we have goals in us too!!

I think we’re just committing ourselves to further pain if we hope for anything more than disappointment. This side excels in disappointment. I’d say it’s actually out of our hands, despite being 4th, because we absolutely stand no chance of beating United or Chelsea. And we will get savaged in the FA cup final too. Just to rub salt into the wounds we will beat Spurs to finish 5th. Liverpool will just sneak in. 

Disgusting a thought as it is, we simply don’t stand a chance. We’ve done it again, and serious, serious question marks hang over the club in the summer. 

The level of energy showed by Mendy and Perez yesterday was better than anything shown by the starters. Long season, and they seem fresher than many others. In which case they should play. We've hardly rotated in a couple of months and it is starting to show. Ricardo, Maddison and Vardy aren't fit and none should start. Then work around that. Plus based on the way Chelsea play we're going to need to be at our sharpest to have any chance in the final and the subsequent league game.

• Like 2

Schmeichel Ward Jakupovic

Thomas Fof Evans Soy Amartey

Castagne                            Ricardo

Iheanacho 

Edited by Paddy.
  • Haha 1

Schmikes Ward Jakupovic Iversen

Fofana Soyuncu Fuchs     
                Mendy  Ndidi    
                      Hamza

Ian