Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

Manchester United (A) Pre Match (Tues 11 May 2021 18:00) BT Sport

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

I don't profess to having seen a ton of him at PSG. I may have got lucky with the occasions that I have! Certainly seems to have been a very useful signing for Utd and has always looked dangerous in their side. Good defensive work too.

Yeah I've been really impressed with him at United. It's quite clever signing a quality player in their mid 30s for a season. It's good quality cover for the first team and they are happy to play a bit part role.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Aside from when WBA gave us the freedom of their half, have any of our wing backs looked good playing how we've played?

I think it's more to do with the job he's being asked to do than the player himself.

Castagne was excellent vs Palace. On the right he is always a 7 out of 10 performer minimum. On the left more like a 5, Ricardo is really struggling at the minute.

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Castagne was excellent vs Palace. On the right he is always a 7 out of 10 performer minimum. On the left more like a 5, Ricardo is really struggling at the minute.

I'll watch the extended highlights back, I dont remember him standing out too much aside from the goal. But then again I was too shocked at our appalling performance lol

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You simply can’t pick Ricardo to start again this season unless there are further injuries. Castagne is a 7 or 8 at RB/RWB every time. Ricardo is a 4 or 5. Luke Thomas, even at 5 or 6 most games, offers more than Ricardo, gives balance AND allows us to play Timmy in his best position.

• Like 4

If we win this then we will have beaten all of the 'big 6' in the league this year. It is a massive if judging by the last few games. Win then that should be top 4 all but guaranteed unless Liverpool pip on goal difference. Lose and its a question of 5th or 6th against West Ham. That'd give the punters a delicious time, two season bottlers going into the new season. Not quite as bad a Spursy because their title challenge is always over by December but definitely setting the store for a consistent crappy seasons end. That'll have everyone expecting the worst if we are sitting around 15th come March.

Apparently Ole said that the team would be different to today? So we could see some key players rested...

Reckon Ole is giving us a chance? We beat them, then they beat Liverpool and it’s pretty much curtains.... 

i think a realistic team for United is: 

De Gea

AWB

Bailly

Tuanzebe

Telles

Matic

VDB

Fernandes

Greenwood

Cavani

Rashford/James

I think they'll rest Lindelof, Shaw, McTominay, Fred, Pogba for sure, but could see them resting more. 

We've got a full strength side available with the exception of JJ & Barnes. We should have enough to beat that side. Just depends on if Soyuncu/Fofana decide to play how we know they can so we can keep it tight. 

3 minutes ago, dayday said:

As bad as we have been, I get this feeling we may just do it.

If we can beat Man U and they beat Liverpool that could well cement our place.

We would be one point away... so yes massive week plus the cup final. A defining week for our club. We should have new life with now a good chance again to get that top 4 place 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

5 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We would be one point away... so yes massive week plus the cup final. A defining week for our club. We should have new life with now a good chance again to get that top 4 place 

We certainly don’t make things easy for ourselves 

May have been posted 

Harry-Maguire-injured-for-Man-United-vs-Aston-Villa-320x255.jpg

According to Henry Winter of the Times, Manchester United have just suffered a very worrying blow as captain Harry Maguire has walked to the team bus whilst wearing a protective boot on his left foot.

Maguire, a mainstay in United’s starting lineup since he arrived at the club, was left grounded in the 73rd minute after a coming together with teammate Edinson Cavani, who was duelling Anwar El Ghazi.

The centre-back received treatment on the sidelines even returned, only to fall to the floor almost immediately, leaving Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to replace Maguire in the 78th minute of the 3-1 win.

Winter has now offered a more worrying update to the Red Devils faithful, Maguire had to walk from the Villa Park dressing room to the side’s team bus whilst wearing a support boot.

31 minutes ago, dayday said:

As bad as we have been, I get this feeling we may just do it.

If we can beat Man U and they beat Liverpool that could well cement our place.

Been thinking that today. Utd could really help us this coming week bigtime. Even a draw in both those games mentioned would be great 

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Like 1

If we are without Jonny for Tuesday,  I wonder if we go 4 at the back with Wilf AND Mendy in front of them, Youri further ahead and Ricky and Marc in the wings and Kel or Vardy up top?

Edited by Dahnsouff

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Apparently Bruno, pogba and Cavani all set to be rested too!

Ideally we need Bruno, pogba and Cavani, rashford, greenwood, AWB, Maguire, lindeloft, Shaw, telles, Henderson, de gea, Bailey, Martin, Mata, Van der beek, tunzubee, Brandon Williams, James, Mctominy, Fred, Martial

Anything less than that expect the worse they are much better than us atm. Know how to attack.

And the premierleague has got their back no matter what.

3 penaltys to Utd 

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If we are without Jonny for Tuesday,  I wonder if we go 4 at the back with Wilf AND Mendy in front of them, Youri further ahead and Ricky and Marc in the wings and Kel or Vardy up top?

I think that's why he brought Mendy on, Rodgers has done this a fair bit in his time here to prepare to the next match. I don't see why all of a sudden a back four isn't trusted to need two DM's though, we were comfortable for more than half the season playing that and concede goals and chances more frequently since changing to a back five.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

I think that's why he brought Mendy on, Rodgers has done this a fair bit in his time here to prepare to the next match. I don't see why all of a sudden a back four isn't trusted to need two DM's though, we were comfortable for more than half the season playing that and concede goals and chances more frequently since changing to a back five.

I get that, has the pressure at this stage if the season got a little too much for our inexperienced defence, or perhaps the horror show from Friday clouding my mind.