Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

Manchester United (A) Pre Match (Tues 11 May 2021 18:00) BT Sport

With us losing last night I reckon Man Utd will have less incentive to play the big guns against us as 2nd spot os more or less done if they beat Villa so hopefully they will play more second string players against us than against Liverpool.

Edited by Nalis

Schmeichel

Ricardo        Fofana      Soyuncu      Castagne

Tielemans    Ndidi      

Perez                 Maddison            Albrighton

Iheanacho

Go to a back 4 to simplify it for Fofana and Soyuncu. Have 2 experienced full backs either side. 

Try Ricardo in his preferred RB slot with Perez ahead and hopefully he can get some sort of rhythm back to his game.

I know Iheanacho as a 9 hasn’t worked before, but he is a much more confident player now and basically Vardy at the moment isn’t offering us anything and might now be better as an impact sub

• Like 4

Schmeichel

Ndidi      

Perez /Under        Tielemans            Albrighton

Iheanacho  Vardy

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Routine 2-0 United win here sadly 

Their squad is deep enough that they should be able to win this, even resting half a dozen and the five left playing at 75% 

surely the only way we get a win is to make it very intense (like the second half of the cup game) and we don’t seem to have that energy left, nor will you get that commitment from the players four days before an fa cup final. bringing in some squad players won’t work as they have had so little playing time that they wouldn’t be able to play with any intensity.  

Edited by st albans fox

1 hour ago, escape2victory said:

Schmeichel

Tielemans    Ndidi      

Perez                 Maddison            Albrighton

Iheanacho

Go to a back 4 to simplify it for Fofana and Soyuncu. Have 2 experienced full backs either side. 

Try Ricardo in his preferred RB slot with Perez ahead and hopefully he can get some sort of rhythm back to his game.

I know Iheanacho as a 9 hasn’t worked before, but he is a much more confident player now and basically Vardy at the moment isn’t offering us anything and might now be better as an impact sub

This looks half decent get Ricardo back in his best position and see how he looks saying that though Vardy is missing and i cant have thatlol

Edited by nettle

We know United will rotate. Our players simply have to turn up and put some effort in. Then we have a good chance.

I feel this will define our run in. Lose and we will lose the final and finish outside Top 4.

Win and we will have a spring in our step, play a good final and see Top 4 over the line.

Draw and it's all still alive and in the balance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Problem is, can we trust Kelch up front on his own? 

More than Vardy right now! And as  Jimmy Fancy Knickers is not at the races, then play Perez as close to Kel as we can.

Plus its away, so we all good*

* we may not be good

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

More than Vardy right now! And as  Jimmy Fancy Knickers is not at the races, then play Perez as close to Kel as we can.

It’s tough one. Because the midfield and defence are largely to blame for us falling apart. Mainly the defence.... if evens is fit I’d drop Fofana. No disrespect to him and his current fasting, but should he really be starting if he hasn’t eaten or drank for most of the day? I think he’s been pretty poor for the last few games. 

I mean we’ve blown it, but there’s still a slim chance we can make top four, I dread to think what will happen next season if we blow it again. 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

It’s tough one. Because the midfield and defence are largely to blame for us falling apart. Mainly the defence.... if evens is fit I’d drop Fofana. No disrespect to him and his current fasting, but should he really be starting if he hasn’t eaten or drank for most of the day? I think he’s been pretty poor for the last few games. 

I mean we’ve blown it, but there’s still a slim chance we can make top four, I dread to think what will happen next season if we blow it again. 

I would not to certain on that, some may leave this summer if we don`t make the CL, so it may not be quite so straight forward anyway!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

In our last 13 games including cups we have W6 D2 L5.

In them games

S Prague deserved to lose

Arsenal- deserved to lose

Burnley- very lucky to draw

Brighton- very lucky to win

Sheff Utd- beat a poor team

Man Utd - beat a jaded team

Man City- deserved to lose

West Ham- deserved to lose 

Southampton( cup)just shaded it

WBA- beat a poor side

C Palace- very lucky to win

Southampton- disappointing draw

Newcastle- deserved to lose 

Looking at them games, we have only looked good in 3 of them, 2 against crap teams, Sheff Utd and WBA, the other was against a supposedly jaded Man Utd team.

People can paper over the cracks but we have been poor for quite a while now, and I personally think its down the available players we have and Rodgers not picking our best available 11 players.

Vardy looks lost on the LW, and his best days are behind him 

Castagne is best at RB, not LB or CB, it really makes us unbalanced.

We are carrying passengers in Maddison and Ricardo who are just not fit and we would be better of playing Thomas to play LB, Praet or Perez in for Maddison.

If true Its good the club are targeting players in the right areas, LB, RW, CF and midfield, because them places need strengthening badly.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Must win again 

That was yesterday. 

Yes, we need to win all are games but let's be realistic. If there was an opportunity and a time for a "must win" game, it was last night.

Madders, Vardy and Ricardo have been completely ineffective. We really aren't in a position to play them into form.

The high line that 352 needs, in order to control possession, will be suicide against the likes of Greenwood/Rashford/James/Diallo. Unfortunately, we lack the level of technical ability, vision and movement to retain possession in the opponents half. Factor in that without Barnes and Justin, we have absolutely no ball carriers left in the squad and it makes us very 1 dimensional.

I really don't know what we should try, but try SOMETHING! 

Screenshot_2021-05-08-08-29-16-02_03fe55c6939f9e9f655d12cb3a044021.jpg

No matter what we do there is no way we are getting anything here unless our players, collectively and individually all have a huge uptick in form, determination and desire to actually see a job out for once.  Thays not gonna happen.

3-0 United 

It's in Man Utds interest for Liverpool not to qualify for Champions League so please let us win lol

We are stronger when we play the wing backs further back defensively. Ricardo at right back and Castagne at left back. 

Not sure how given how fuming I still am about last night but I think we will come away with a point here. If Evans is fit anyway, if he isn't we've got a big decision. For me it would be back 4 with Mendy and Ndidi sitting to protect Fofana and Soyuncu, allowing Ndidi to follow Fernandes around. 

Perez in for Maddison for more energy and pressing. 

• Like 1