Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

F.A. Cup Final: Who starts in the number 10 role?

Maddison or Perez to start in the FA Cup final?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you start?

• Maddison
    • Perez

As much as I hate saying this I think it has to Maddison.

The trouble is he's all loved up and it's affecting his performances on the pitch.

But he does possess the talent to change games.

If I was Brendan I'd lock him in Seagrave for the 3 Days before the final to keep his Stamina up.

Neither. Change the shape! The  whole league has worked out how to stop us being effective and neither are in good enough form to merit continuing with this formation. Time to reimagine, Brendan. Earn the glory. 

• Like 1

Personally I wouldn't play either. We can't carry on like we have in the last few games and expect a result against the most in form team in the PL. I'd play 433 with Vardy LW, Nacho through the middle with Under at RW. Behind them a flat no nonsense 3 of Ndidi, Tielmans & Mendy/Praet. Go full on counter attack. That would really f**k up Chelsea's game plan 😂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

He'd pocket both of them lol 

Our only chance is to try and go round Kante, so I can't wait for 90 minutes of us trying to batter our way down the middle on Saturday. 

Just hoping Wilf and Kante cancel each other out in some sort of Earth breaking, Heavens destroying cataclysmic explosion of limbs. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beliall said:

we have to find our way past on of the best midfielders in the world. if we get just one chance to play Vardy or nacho in with a quality pass, i want it to be madders with the ball, not perez

But on current form it’s more likely to be Youri anyway. lol

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

What has given you the impression since coming back from injury that he's deserving of that number 10 position? 

It's more that Perez has never shown anything even close to what we see regularly from Maddison.

In a cup final you play your best players. Maddison is a better number 10 than Perez.

• Like 1

I'd honestly consider starting neither. The Newcastle version of Maddison would be a complete liability, so unless he picks up against Man Utd, I'd leave him on the bench. 
If he's as bad, then the question becomes whether we use Perez or go with a 4-4-2 with Albrighton one side and Ricardo/Praet on the other. I'm leaning towards the latter right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sm1 said:

Personally I wouldn't play either. We can't carry on like we have in the last few games and expect a result against the most in form team in the PL. I'd play 433 with Vardy LW, Nacho through the middle with Under at RW. Behind them a flat no nonsense 3 of Ndidi, Tielmans & Mendy/Praet. Go full on counter attack. That would really f**k up Chelsea's game plan 😂

This is a brilliant shout. I'd actually be tempted to put Praet in the RW role (hear me out, he makes good runs in behind links play and can drop back to bolster the midfield if we get overrun with a straight 4-4-2)

On topic, I think dropping Maddison for the FA Cup final would be a huge call and possibly create a rift, but maybe we need more of that than the nice guy colony we have currently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfcsnow said:

Can anyone see weakling Perez having any effect when Kante is around?

Just seeing this comment has already put an image in my head of me screaming "Oh FFS Ayoze!"