Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

F.A. Cup Final: Who starts in the number 10 role?

Maddison or Perez to start in the FA Cup final?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you start?

• Maddison
    • Perez

1 hour ago, daddylonglegs said:

Could do with a 'neither' option though. I know that's a bit potty but i wouldn't hate 5-3-2 in the cup final:

Kasper

Ricardo, Soyuncu, Evans, Fofana, Castagne

Praet, Youri, Ndidi

Kelechi, Vardy

Just a thought how about...h

Schmeichel 

Ricardo  Amartey. Soyu  Castagna

Ndidi

Fofana  Praet

Tielemans

Nacho    Vardy

Albrighton, Maddison...Perez, Under...bring it home from the bench...

FA.cup winners..!!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Just a thought how about...h

Schmeichel 

Ricardo  Amartey. Soyu  Castagna

Ndidi

Fofana  Praet

Tielemans

Nacho    Vardy

Albrighton, Maddison...Perez, Under...bring it home from the bench...

FA.cup winners..!!

You have accidentally put Fofana in midfield.

• Haha 2

Either Perez who falls over a lot but works hard and links up better, or Maddison who is better overall, but isnt fit/in good form and slows the play down a lot. Both arent very creative or score much. 

Any other options?

I voted Ayoze because Madders obviously doesn’t trust his hip, so is back to playing tentatively.  Of course it depends on how Rodgers will set up the team, which none of us knows.

Against United’s slow boats I’ll go for Madders.  He has that goal threat and may get a little time and space.

I’ll rotate to Ayoze on Saturday.  As tight and physical as Tuchel has Chelsea playing, he isn’t ideal, but will absorb minor contact, and turn and quickly release the ball in tight spaces.

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

You have accidentally put Fofana in midfield.

No..Changing his career & giving us  that Surprise packet, he is going to be the new Tielemans...:worship:

Lets Face it, in the last 3 games hes had the ball moving forward ,more & longer than either Tielemans or Maddison...

Lets do something different, because our agreeing fans( including me) of the "considered-best"

selected   Match-day team hasnt cut it in the last few games...

Or put Fofana in Amarteys place, then bring Thomas/Leshebela into that midfield position..

Lets take a clever gamble.....Even playing Under...!!! 

When your quality tried & Trusted have struggled to find that top-level form,... then Tweek  it...!!

Dig Deep looking into your squad...Its helped Manutd,Everton,W.ham.   Even the Big 6 in general in fact its  what they often do..!!

Put in  another permatation & re-channel the motivation, for these EOS games...

Maddison,Perez, Ricardo..??, most likely at the moment offer more from the bench..I might even also add Ndidi coming from the bench..

Maddison & Ndidi, Ricardo would always be automatically my first choice players....

But their injuries are still hanging & carrying into their own  game & our team game plans...

Also Praet was one of those cover fringe players that early season drove us into those high covetted top 4 places,

Add Another from the Background or change the set-up... For me the Risk is worth it..!!    AND...it could also be Somebody like Under

who could actually be the tweek that seals , rubber stamps & confirms that Top 4, and enables us to Lift that Lovely silver-pot..

Now its so near....We lift that cup, it will be that contradicting massive hammer, that softens any blow ,

if it  sees our PL aspirations, even expectations Fall-off somewhat..

Like the beginning of the season 99% of this forum Posters were expecting zilch, gar nichts, Nada, rien, absolutely nothing....

and so after our beloved foxes delivering  an above expectations season, now we return again  to those assumed zero expectations,

no chance failings & feelings that  is Ending into  that dreaded season-defining  4 game shoot-out...!!

We have Never had a manager or squad, that has taken us in "our"  PL era so close...So what are the failures & achievements...

Edited by fuchsntf

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

It's more that Perez has never shown anything even close to what we see regularly from Maddison.

In a cup final you play your best players. Maddison is a better number 10 than Perez.

On this....

My (questionable) maths tells me that Perez has 15 goal contributions, Maddison has 36.

If you look at minutes played you’ll see Perez is used as a sub way more than Maddison & therefore has less time to impact the game. 

Goal contribution per 90 mins played:

Maddison: 0.44

Perez: 0.42

So I’m not sure the narrative that there’s ‘no debate’ is quite fair...

64511CFA-99DD-4F7D-A843-6C22409605B1.thumb.png.521b9ecd74628bfd424d5a7955251787.png

7A68CF2A-29BC-4661-BFB8-698967D036D9.png

5 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

On this....

My (questionable) maths tells me that Perez has 15 goal contributions, Maddison has 36.

If you look at minutes played you’ll see Perez is used as a sub way more than Maddison & therefore has less time to impact the game. 

64511CFA-99DD-4F7D-A843-6C22409605B1.thumb.png.521b9ecd74628bfd424d5a7955251787.png

Q4ksCKr.png

Above stats are calculated per 90 minutes as opposed to per match.

https://www.squawka.com/en/comparison-matrix/?compare=ezDd6iYNSE108bfwrawqn

• Like 1

3 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

On this....

In 1,166 minutes in the PL this year Perez has two goals (both against Sheff Utd) and registered his only assist last week.

In 1,958 minutes in the PL this year Maddison has eight goals and seven assists.

And why has Perez played less minutes despite Maddison's regular injuries? 

Because he's so flippin' impotent.  As deadly as a feather duster.

Edited by murphy

6 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Oh no, this isn’t negativity, just a healthy dose of reality. This will be akin to Wimbledon vs Liverpool. And look how that worked out................ err. Hmm. 

You couldn't pick a worse analogy.

Wimbledon had little in the way of talent but they had heart by the bucketful.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Buce said:

You couldn't pick a worse analogy.

Wimbledon had little in the way of talent but they had heart by the bucketful.

Our team spirit will be surgically re-implanted on Saturday morning. Only to mysteriously vanish again 5mins before kick off. 

7 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Oh no, this isn’t negativity, just a healthy dose of reality. This will be akin to Wimbledon vs Liverpool. And look how that worked out................ err. Hmm. 

A month or two ago I would have called the final 50/50 but we have plummeted and Chelsea have risen.  Recently I've been getting a '94 vintage Leicester v Derby play off final vibe.  

Makeshift team against the sophisticates from up the road.  We were doomed.  Or so they thought.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, murphy said:

A month or two ago I would have called the final 50/50 but we have plummeted and Chelsea have risen.  Recently I've been getting a '94 vintage Leicester v Derby play off final vibe.  

Makeshift team against the sophisticates from up the road.  We were doomed.  Or so they thought.

This is why we support the team against the odds. Moments that crystallise into something epic and unforgettable. It eases the pain of all the other broken dreams. 

Guest Fktf

Play two 8s instead. Personally would like praet in for his energy. We're to passive atm, and he's the closest we've got to a box to box mid. Maddison was doing that job earlier in the season, but he's clearly not fit yet.