Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Leicester drama- the complete list

Theres only one Real Basic drama.....

"Melt down"...because fans havent got the balls,definitely cant take the ups & downs ,

when the Club finds itself   just starting out & making their First serious Challenge to compete for Top 6..und

Maybe some are not yet mentality equipped, to go through the First Stage challenges Need to Grow & develope...

Always on the hunt to blame instead to support & encourage....The squad is growing,there will be changes, & Development &

further improvement.....The proof that we still Need to be more discipined,to understand Oppo teams Dont just Roll over...

und last seasons beaten teams...results have to be re-earnt...

And clubs like your own..Foxes, just cant Ride 6-7 Chronic- injuries, and Returnees hit the ground running...

There was been reasons for obvious frustration, even massive disappointment, because of the could ofs and what ifs...

This season...the Melts & meltdowns....Maybe Shows the fans arent quite up to it..!!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Remember that in the fa cup ?! Someone called weasel who I don’t know if they still post on here got a police warning and we all wanted Kevin Barclay sacked. Think we were planning a protest the game after and I swear Barclay ended up posting on here.

Wow this brings me back lol 

1 hour ago, jonthefox said:

That time the advertising boards blew onto the pitch.

Thinking of advertising boards didn’t Liam Moore  get a telling off for leathering one after his first goal. He taught Vardy everything he knows 

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

There’s only so much we can look at the table and over think how each game is going to play out. I thought it would be fun to create a thread full of all of the crazy drama that has been Leicester over the years.... and there’s been a lot. 

Could be an interesting read for the younger fans.  Try to add the most random ones you can remember that haven’t been mentioned yet. 

1) After promotion from league 1, Pearson guided us to the championship playoffs. Built on a solid back line featuring a no nonsense centre half Wayne Brown. In the final week before our game Wayne Brown decides it’s the best time to share that he had voted for BNP with a racially mixed squad.
Subsequently Wayne was dropped from the squad and never returned. 

Our club had players missing big games long before Perezgate 

Edit- if your statement is based on rumour and isn’t confirmed please disclose!! 

I think the "Leicester drama" list started well before Pearson arrived but it's probable young supporters won't have heard about Ken Leek who had scored in every round dropped by the then manager Matt Gilles for the 1961 FA Cup Final, unbelievable.

• Like 4

Playing  against Red Star Belgrade I was sitting in the double decker and they let that many smoke bombs off that it looked like the stand was on fire from where I was sitting . And to add insult to injury they scored because the keeper couldn’t  see sod all 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

One from 1997 that possibly flew under the radar in the UK but I remember as myself and other members of the Irish Supporters Club back then had a prearranged meeting with the squad the previous night. It was an international break weekend and the squad were in Dublin for couple of days training golf etc 

Wed, Nov 19, 1997, 00:0

An English footballer urinated before 300 people last Saturday, Swords District Court has been told. Leicester City midfielder, Neil Lennon (26), of Forest House Lane, Leicester, pleaded guilty to four charges under the Public Order Act, including being drunk, causing a breach of the peace and violent behaviour in Malahide Garda station. He apologised in court and told Judge Sean Delap he was a professional footballer with Leicester City. Judge Delap dismissed three of the charges, but fined him £200 for causing a breach of the peace.

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Here is a good starting point to add to... lol

The Leicester city basket cases, from the moment I started watching us... 

1990–91 - Stayed up on the last game of the season

1991–92 - Play off final runner up from a dodgy penno (Wembley)

1992–93 - Play off final runner up from a dodgy penno, after coming from 3-0 down. (Wembley)

1993–94 - Promoted to the premier league through play off final (Wembley)

1994–95 - Relegated from the premier league

1995–96 - Promoted to the premier league through play off final last minute winner (Wembley)

1996–97 - Top 10 premier league finish and League Cup win (Wembley)

1997–98 - Top 10 premier league finish and Played in the Uefa Cup

1998–99 - Top 10 premier league finish and League Cup final (Wembley)

1999–2000 - Top 10 premier league finish and League Cup win (Wembley)

2000–01 - Played in the Uefa Cup

2001–02 - Relegated from the Premier League

2002–03 - Went into administration, finished 2nd and promoted to the premier league

2003–04 - Relegated from the premier league and La Manga "rape" episode. 

2004–05 - Average

2005–06 - Average

2006–07 - Taken over by Mandaric

2007–08 - Relegated to League One

2008–09 - Promoted to the Championship as champions

2009–10 - Top 6 finish and play off semi final losers - Kermo penalty

2010–11 - Taken over by the Thais. Got rid of Pearson, got in Sousa and then sacked him and got Sven. 

2011–12 - Sacked Sven and Brought Pearson back

2012–13 - Top 6 finish and play off semi final loss with most ridiculous penno miss and Deeney goal

2013–14 - Promoted to premier league as champions

2014–15 - Greatest escape of relegation ever and sacked the manager

2015–16 - Had a racist orgy, hired Ranieri won the premier league

2016–17 - Charity Shield Champions league quarter finalists whilst also flirting with relegation and sacking Ranieri. (Wembley)

2017–18 - Hired Shakespeare as manager, then sacked him and hired Puel

2018–19 - Sacked Puel, hired Rodgers and owner died in a helicopter crash. 

2019-20 - Bottled a 700 point lead to finish outside top 4

2020-21 - Covid Party, Bottling 699 point lead, FA Cup Final. 

I've not even touched on stuff like the gang of four, memorable games, quarter finals, all the hired and sacked managers, fights (Wise), fire extinguishers (Collymore), don't go Martin, opening of new ground etc. 

2004-06 really were bleak days, weren’t they 😞

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I think the "Leicester drama" list started well before Pearson arrived but it's probable young supporters won't have heard about Ken Leek who had scored in every round dropped by the then manager Matt Gilles for the 1961 FA Cup Final, unbelievable.

My Dad still talks about this almost every day.