Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Chelsea away, Tues 18th May (For Ric Flair)

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

not sure that rodgers got his assessment right yesterday that we were the better side. we were pretty impotent in possession and Chelsea were pretty toothless up top. 

they will bring in players for Tuesday night who are fresher and that will mean we see v little controlled possession away from our back five.

I would play one up top to help out further back. Unless vards wants to drop into a defensive shinji role but surely better to have praet doing that ?

that was a huge effort yesterday - we may have to rotate .  We could go all in on Tuesday as a win makes next Sunday irrelevant....but do we have the personnel available ????

Who? They played Wermer, they played Mount.... all they can do is turn to Havertz or Giroud.....

Chelsea aren’t this magnificent team that some people think. I was genuinely expecting us to get spanked yesterday, but we didn’t. It had nothing to do with Chelsea being toothless in attack. They’re just not actually that good. They have a lot of individuals in their team, but they’re not a great ‘team’....

They pass the ball around for the sake of passing the ball around, and they aren’t really that threatening.

We've got their number, as long as we are direct with our attack we will get something.

We won’t lose the game, even if we don’t win we will get something, we certainly won’t get battered.

We’ve come too far for this to slip. The footballing gods will be looking down on us. Liverpool will slip up again, and we will savage Spurs on the last day to ruin Kane’s big day and get the job done.

Keep the faith, we will finish 3rd this season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can someone do me a video that's 380 minutes long of Ben Chilwell's face when Michael Oliver did the business? Eat shit you little herbert.

You need to include the ecstasy beforehand for the full gamut and maximum schadenfreude.  Like someone who's numbers just came up and then realised that their ticket was in their jeans that they had just put in the wash.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought Wilf looked knackered yesterday so a strong case for playing Mendy . Kel had a innefective match so perhaps play both Perez and Maddison . We shouldn't play for a draw but that would be decent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I thought Wilf looked knackered yesterday so a strong case for playing Mendy . Kel had a innefective match so perhaps play both Perez and Maddison . We shouldn't play for a draw but that would be decent.

Would it??

would mean they are 2 points behind us with a better GD. We lose to Spurs they beat villa and we miss out on the CL if Liverpool win all 3 or get 2 wins and a draw!

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Things I took from yesterday:

Mount and Kante are very good players.

The moment the players ran to the fans before the trophy lift was the bit that broke me.

I support the best football team in the world.

Can’t argue with any of that. CHO looked lively but that’s about all. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

Would it??

would mean they are 2 points behind us with a better GD. We lose to Spurs they beat villa and we miss out on the CL if Liverpool win all 3 or get 2 wins and a draw!

Yes a draw is good because then it’s win and in vs Spurs. Still in our hands. 

9 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

Would it??

I expect us to beat Spurs , we are better than them. Liverpool will be lucky to win all three.

44 minutes ago, Adster said:

Huh

He threw a bit of cloth to the floor whilst in euphoria of winning. 

Really don't get the big deal over this. 

Considering they were one of the ESL group. **** them. If I was Dan, I would have been chomping on a vindaloo whilst sat on the bench, taken a proper honking dirty poo, and wiped my arse with it. 

Roman, take your ESL and piss off. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KFS said:

Think it will be one too many for us unfortunately. Thinking Liverpool dropping points and us having to beat Spurs is the more likely outcome. 

Never. Chelsea are a bit like a modified standard Astra. Yea on the face value they look formidable, but in action there a bunch of frauds. We’ve got them. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

It’s impossible to find fault with a day like yesterday - and I’m certainly not trying to - but I do confess to being disappointed Dan did that to the Chelsea pennant. I get the euphoria in the changing room, which makes people act off-the-cuff, but I do think that was inappropriate. 

After what Chelsea did a few weeks ago trying to ruin football I would’ve miraculously “run out” of toilet roll and had to find something to use… oh look… a scummy 6 pennant! That’ll do!

**** ‘em!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

An achievement made even better by the fact we beat a Chelsea side that brushed aside Real Madrid with complete ease only a few weeks ago. These lot are a top top team, let's not forget how big a win that was. Incredible from us, cried, laughed, hugged, sang in that end. Football is returning 🤞

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can someone do me a video that's 380 minutes long of Ben Chilwell's face when Michael Oliver did the business? Eat shit you little herbert.

With this music.

• Haha 2

Also in regards to that vid, it’s the least big Dan should have done.

Their twelve year old Twitter mafia is the worst on the app and all this nonsense about them ‘saving football’ is a complete shambles when they signed up to it in the first place. Horrible club who bought everything they have and their twat of a manager couldn’t be more arrogant in defeat. 

Play it in the home dressing room Tuesday all you like. Their players won’t give two shits, and I can tell you that for a fact because we had bottler backpass Ben.

• Like 1

Such a hard one to predict, you’d imagine Chelsea will be fired up and change their team around , however as long we haven’t been partying all night long it would not be a surprise if the buzz of yesterday sees us win 2-0. A draw not the worst as in our hands last day and no guarantee Chelsea will win at Villa and Spurs at home is clearly winnable, especially as we’ll have a crowd behind us. I expect Liverpool to win all 3 games, West Brom, Burnley and Palace are clearly very winnable.