Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Chelsea away, Tues 18th May (For Ric Flair)

6 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

We spent £100m on a training ground to retain and improve our status. We did break the mould so to speak but you can't keep competing against the giants without CL and the money it brings in if you want consistent chances at silverware, that's why the big 6 are so desperate to retain their status with top 4 finishes. The decent players are attracted to clubs that finish there, I'm sure that will be a big consideration for Youri and his signature 

You say we can’t keep competing with the giants without champions league money but we have finished in the top 4-5 two seasons in a row AND won the  FA cup. all without champions league money... 

the training ground has only just been built so that’s money we haven’t benefitted from yet and certainly not the  reason for our recent success

Edited by MPH

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Whilst this is true, if we consistently fail to secure CL and the cache it brings (pun intended), it will impact both the quality of players we bring in AND our ability to retain players. Like it or not, CL is important. Vital in my opinion if we want to keep pushing forward. 

please don’t misunderstand me, I see that champions league is important,  but in the last few years we have managed to gain  a reputation for helping young starts with potential to blossom and because top top players. We have done this without champions league football. We have been able to secure some absolutely top players without champions league football too

Edited by MPH

13 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Chelsea has a wealth of options, but for me the team they finished with was better than the one they started with.  I'd be thrilled if TT stuck with the same 11 as today but I very much doubt that will be the case.

A few Chelsea fans were going spare that Tammy Abraham wasn't even included in the squad yesterday. Tuchel doesn't rate him apparently, but a sizeable chunk of their fanbase still believe he's their best striker.

Maybe a cheeky £40 million bid in summer to make him Vards' understudy for a year is worth doing? Just imagine the meltdown if we even had the audacity to try poaching a player from one of the Greedy Six. :fishing:

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

please don’t misunderstand me, I see that champions league is important,  but in the last few years we have managed to gain  a reputation for helping young starts with potential to blossom and because top top players. We have done this without champions league football. We have been able to secure some absolutely top players without champions league football too

And I agree, but the allure of CL football will see many eyeing other clubs. I want us to keep the team together and build further. We are on the absolute cusp of being consistent top 4 AND title challengers. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MPH said:

I think that's largely to do with us winning the PL in recent memory but that is now 5 years ago and fading. And if things don't work out yet again at the end of this season, you have to consider top players will be increasingly hard to attract.

Edited by Kendal Fox

27 minutes ago, MPH said:

You say we can’t keep competing with the giants without champions league money but we have finished in the top 4-5 two seasons in a row AND won the  FA cup. all without champions league money... 

the training ground has only just been built so that’s money we haven’t benefitted from yet and certainly not the  reason for our recent success

As you know we've unearthed gems and sold them for profit. We've been unable to retain some of out top players but have done well in their replacement (apart from mahrez). I think this pattern can't continue, if we lose Youri there may come a time his replacement may not be very good and we will fail to even get top half 

13 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

And I agree, but the allure of CL football will see many eyeing other clubs. I want us to keep the team together and build further. We are on the absolute cusp of being consistent top 4 AND title challengers. 

personally I think the minute we try and take the big boys on at their own game and spend big, we’ll lose the heart and soul and togetherness of our club..  we’ll start to attract mercenaries and less people with burning ambition.

champions league is important but let’s not change our ways. What we are doing now is working isn’t it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

As you know we've unearthed gems and sold them for profit. We've been unable to retain some of out top players but have done well in their replacement (apart from mahrez). I think this pattern can't continue, if we lose Youri there may come a time his replacement may not be very good and we will fail to even get top half 

see above.

2 hours ago, CloudFox said:

I'd like to think that part of our problem in the recent past is that we didn't quite believe we were good enough to mix it with the big boys.

This season we seem to have turned a corner, and beating two of them to win the FA Cup should give the squad plenty of confidence going into these final two games. They have silverware and medals to prove they deserve to be where they are. I don't think they'll let their guard down. No way Vardy, Kaspar and Co. would let them.

...I do believe getting a result on Tuesday will be much harder than winning the cup!!!

It does not matter how much you try, it will be difficult to raise yourself to attain a level to compete, more so that we actually won the cup. It will easier to motivate yourself having lost than to raise your game having achieved especially against the same team.

At this moment I am pretty euphoric and unable to focus on the next game, irrespective of the professionalism that comes with the environment that they are in, it will not be easy to go again.

27 minutes ago, MPH said:

personally I think the minute we try and take the big boys on at their own game and spend big, we’ll lose the heart and soul and togetherness of our club..  we’ll start to attract mercenaries and less people with burning ambition.

champions league is important but let’s not change our ways. What we are doing now is working isn’t it?

I’m not talking about spending big. We spend wisely. However some stand out players who can be purchased at a reasonable price won’t look at us without CL. Added to which, some of our incredible talent could be swayed to leave for CL. My personal view is that it is very important indeed. 

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Looking forward to a Mike Dean masterclass this game...

Lets see if he allows a football game to be played or instead spends 90 massaging his ego...

Won’t matter when madders spanks one in from 25 yards. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

It feels like Chelsea will be all angry and will give us a good pasting on Tuesday.

I fear this too, although that anger could be to our advantage. If we can start solidly then we can frustrate them. Hopefully that anger affects their concentration.

21 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I fear this too, although that anger could be to our advantage. If we can start solidly then we can frustrate them. Hopefully that anger affects their concentration.

chilly brings down vardy in the 7th min for a red card and penalty?

• Haha 1