Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Chelsea away, Tues 18th May (For Ric Flair)

1 minute ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

If chelsea win the champions league  does 5th place quality for it.

No. We can have a maximum of 5 in the Champions League. But only the top 4 and then any winners of the Champions League or Europa League who are not in the top 4.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Realistically, our players celebrated last night and rested today. With travel, it gives us little time to refocus for a simply huge game this week. A bit like WHU would have been, a draw would not a be a bad result. Keeps everything in our hands. Massive. 

Pretty sure in the post match interview, Schmeichel said they were in for training today so I think they are pretty focused on what's in hand

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, HoChiMinhFOX said:

I'm curious, where are the guys that were saying they'd rather top 4 over an fa cup win? 😂 Mental.

I’m still here, you are mental :scarf:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I bet you're fun at parties. Bugger off and play up your own end (until tomorrow when I'll agree wholeheartedly with all of this 😉)

Haha

When you lot have all sobered up, there’s serious work to be done.... Not by me obviously.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Adster said:

Huh

He threw a bit of cloth to the floor whilst in euphoria of winning. 

Really don't get the big deal over this. 

Because you should show class in victory as well as defeat, especially on such an occasion.  I don't really care about Chelsea but such a crass display of disrespect reflects badly on us, but if you don't get it I'm probably wasting my time trying to explain it to you.

Big Dan now getting racial abuse in twitter :nono:.  Very sad.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12307886/daniel-amartey-racially-abused-on-twitter-following-leicester-citys-fa-cup-final-win

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I was one of them. Yesterday did change my mind to a degree. As a fan, qualifying for and playing in the CL won't touch that feeling of yesterday but the facts remain the same. Qualifying for the CL progresses us more as a club than winning the FA cup. 

Top quality players aren't attracted to teams because they've won the FA cup, they are attracted to teams that play on Tue/Wed nights in the Champions league. Not to mention the increased revenue that comes with it. 

Winning the Fa Cup and seeing how the players, management and owners are genuinely close could appeal to future signings and they may want to be a part of that

6 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Hopefully the players don't share this "it's all good if we get trounced" feeling that seems so widespread here.  As long as a goal like the CL is considered superfluous we'll never really belong on the big stage with the clubs fans love to hate.  

Agree. I know there are those who say it's a trade-off between winning the FA Cup or clinching a CL place. But we should be of the attitude that both are possible and the mindset should be to do our utmost to clinch both. Especially if we want to look upon ourselves as a routine Top 4 club as well as wanting others to.

Also, has anyone considered that winning the FA Cup might not be enough to keep Brendan here if we do crash out of the CL places? I certainly don't feel it's safe to say that.

Hopefully the lads will have seen how important it is to see the season through now. With the trophy now in our cabinet and with CL qualification, the incentive to drive us on to be genuine rivals to the Manchester clubs could be consolidated as opposed to us probably drifting in and out of the conversation like we've seen this last 2 seasons should we drop out and Rodgers leave.

Edited by Kendal Fox

5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I was one of them. Yesterday did change my mind to a degree. As a fan, qualifying for and playing in the CL won't touch that feeling of yesterday but the facts remain the same. Qualifying for the CL progresses us more as a club than winning the FA cup. 

Top quality players aren't attracted to teams because they've won the FA cup, they are attracted to teams that play on Tue/Wed nights in the Champions league. Not to mention the increased revenue that comes with it. 

No I do get the argument. I'll just always be of the mindset that winning actual trophies means more (personally) than qualifying for a competition. Obviously I want us to be in the CL. Was also just messing about but I guess I'm not allowed to do that 😂.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HoChiMinhFOX said:

No, because I'm not calling anyone mental. I'm saying that opinion is mental. An opinion to which I'm entitled. So not entirely sure why there's any issue. 

It isn't mental, money unfortunately rules football, CL is where it's at, you want to see more finals and silverware you need the best players, to get and retain the best players you need CL if you're Leicester City, so it's fairly logical if there were a one or the other choice to choose CL over FA Cup.

• Like 4