Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Chelsea away, Tues 18th May (For Ric Flair)

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

not sure that rodgers got his assessment right yesterday that we were the better side. we were pretty impotent in possession and Chelsea were pretty toothless up top. 

they will bring in players for Tuesday night who are fresher and that will mean we see v little controlled possession away from our back five.

I would play one up top to help out further back. Unless vards wants to drop into a defensive shinji role but surely better to have praet doing that ?

that was a huge effort yesterday - we may have to rotate .  We could go all in on Tuesday as a win makes next Sunday irrelevant....but do we have the personnel available ????

We were the better side for 20 minutes at the start of the second half and that's about it.  But thanks to Youri and Kasper - and some stout defending and video reviewing - it was enough.

I would expect we'll see the team that finished the match for them, minus Giroud - Hudson-Odoi, Chilwell, Havertz, Pulisic likely will all start.  A very aggressive formation designed to create chances at the expense of some vulnerability at the back.  This would be a perfect time to go back to some sort of 4-5-1, as Kelechi wasn't at his best and Evans will almost surely be unavailable.  Start Maddison and Albrighton, maybe go back to Ricardo and Castagne on the right.  We beat them but we sure as hell didn't dominate them - give them a different look and use a lineup designed to counter the very different approach they're likely to take for this match.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2

This will be interesting, I hope we win again.

Possibly would start Big Dan at RCB if Evans is out. The lad yeeted their pennant and will continue his hatred of Chelsea with a winning diving header and clean sheet.

• Haha 2

It is a massive game. Don’t get sucked into thinking it’s done because we’ve won the FA cup. We have an unbelievable opportunity to make this an incredible season. 

I’m of the mindset we will get something from this, we’ve come too far...... we will get this done. 

I think it will play out as a draw, and a win V Spurs. Still think Liverpool will slip up too. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

It is a massive game. Don’t get sucked into thinking it’s done because we’ve won the FA cup. We have an unbelievable opportunity to make this an incredible season. 

I’m of the mindset we will get something from this, we’ve come too far...... we will get this done. 

I think it will play out as a draw, and a win V Spurs. Still think Liverpool will slip up too. 

I’ve said for a while and I’m gonna stick with it. I think we will beat Chelsea twice, Liverpool will win all their remaining games. Chelsea will finish 5th but win the Champions League.m and we will end up with 5 English teams in the comp next year.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Must not leave Chilwell unmarked at the far post , he won't be offside next time. 

12 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Must not leave Chilwell unmarked at the far post , he won't be offside next time. 

Chilwell and H-O will be bombing forward all night.  I like the idea of Ricardo at RB and Castagne and Albrighton as wingers in a 4-5-1.

• Like 1

Why does everyone think we will get battered by a side we’ve beaten twice? 

Chelsea don’t tend to batter teams..... it’s all very tight. 

We will get a draw at worst I think. 

Chelsea will target the CL final. Roman will want that above all else, possibly even the game against us.

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Why does everyone think we will get battered by a side we’ve beaten twice? 

Chelsea don’t tend to batter teams..... it’s all very tight. 

We will get a draw at worst I think. 

Chelsea will target the CL final. Roman will want that above all else, possibly even the game against us.

I don't see why Chelsea needs to target anything since any win in their last three including the CL final basically gets them into the CL next season.  They have plenty of rest days and an extremely deep squad - they don't need to pick and choose which matches to go all out.

Guest bennytwohats
1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

I don't see why Chelsea needs to target anything since any win in their last three including the CL final basically gets them into the CL next season.  They have plenty of rest days and an extremely deep squad - they don't need to pick and choose which matches to go all out.

That's not true is it? If Liverpool win all of their games, and we beat Chelsea on Tuesday, a win against Villa does nothing for them and they are left needing to beat City to get CL (I think)

Well whatever happens I’m more than happy with this season. We are guaranteed European football. And will probably have a much deeper squad than this season. 

We take the Michael, but could you imagine if we won the EL? 

Still, we will still finish in the top four. We’re good enough to get the job done. 

9 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Unless we beat them on Tuesday

Really wish we didn't have to play these again so soon. Even if it was just the other way around with the Spurs game. 

They are going to be massively up for it. They will make plenty of the changes where I'd be surprised if we made any other than Evans and maybe bring Maddison in. 

I'd take a point now massively, and then at least it's in our hands on final day. 

Praying for a West Brom miracle to make the whole thing so much more comfortable. 

Realistically, our players celebrated last night and rested today. With travel, it gives us little time to refocus for a simply huge game this week. A bit like WHU would have been, a draw would not a be a bad result. Keeps everything in our hands. Massive. 

1 minute ago, TrentFox said:

Realistically, our players celebrated last night and rested today. With travel, it gives us little time to refocus for a simply huge game this week. A bit like WHU would have been, a draw would not a be a bad result. Keeps everything in our hands. Massive. 

Under-egged it - a draw would be a fabulous result.