Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Chelsea away, Tues 18th May (For Ric Flair)

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Fully expect us to be totally hungover and get battered - and I don't care.

We'll then beat Spurs easy last game and that'll be enough for top 4.

It's all good.

It's anything but all good, and we need to think bigger than that.  We belong here and should act like it.

Not to mention, we could do what you said and still come up short if Liverpool wins out.

• Like 3

This being away and with fans is going to be benefit us.  Will be a very very nervous Stamford Bridge crowd and if we score first or even keep it scoreless into the 2nd half, it will seep into the players.  Winning the Cup relieves a lot of the pressure - to try to spin that we just beat them into a negative doesn't make much sense.

Chelsea can rotate more for sure - would expect Kovacic, Pulisic, Havertz, Chilwell, Mendy at least to come in.  Will be interesting to see if Kante plays.  If they are deemed fit I can see Maddison or Ricardo coming in, but who else?  You have to think all of Vardy, Iheanacho, Tielemans, Ndidi, Soyuncu, Fofana, Castagne, Schmeichel at least all play again.  That's tough.

If the team goes out and wins this game, it's nothing short of legendary.  People will remember Leicester punking Chelsea x2 a few weeks after they tried to destroy football.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Fully expect us to be totally hungover and get battered - and I don't care.

We'll then beat Spurs easy last game and that'll be enough for top 4.

It's all good.

If Big Sam's Baggies would kindly take points off the Scousers this afternoon, what you say could become true and it would all be rather lovely.

(John Le Mesurier's last words before lapsing into a terminal coma, reportedly: "It's all been rather lovely!")

Otherwise, if we lose on Tuesday and beat Spurs, we'll be relying on Liverpool dropping points v. Burnley or Palace - or Chelsea doing so at Villa.

But, while I wasn't 100% sure before, I now know that given the choice between FA Cup and CL qualification, I'd always have chosen the Cup.......would be rather lovely to achieve both, though, by any route necessary....

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Hopefully the players don't share this "it's all good if we get trounced" feeling that seems so widespread here.  As long as a goal like the CL is considered superfluous we'll never really belong on the big stage with the clubs fans love to hate.  

I bet you're fun at parties. Bugger off and play up your own end (until tomorrow when I'll agree wholeheartedly with all of this 😉)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

We will win. 

Roman will be saying to Tuchel, at all costs we win the CL final. 

We’ve beaten these twice, and Chelsea haven’t battered anyone all season, they do a lot is pissing around in front of goal, but aren’t really that threatening. 

Im 100% confident we will get something from this game.

Maddison 93 minute top bins, Chilly with another sour look on his face. 

• Like 2

Think they’re likely to chuck everything at us so might need to mix it up slightly to keep it fresh. Got to try and keep it tight as long as we can and grab a goal on the break. Wish we had a Barnes to exploit the space in behind their wing backs but hopefully Vardy can do that for us. Seems harsh on Kel but thinking a fresh Praet might help on that right hand side. 

Schmeichel 

Castagne - Fofana - Söyüncü 

Ricardo - Tielemans - Ndidi - Thomas 

Praet   -  Vardy  -  Maddison 

• Like 4

not sure that rodgers got his assessment right yesterday that we were the better side. we were pretty impotent in possession and Chelsea were pretty toothless up top. 

they will bring in players for Tuesday night who are fresher and that will mean we see v little controlled possession away from our back five.

I would play one up top to help out further back. Unless vards wants to drop into a defensive shinji role but surely better to have praet doing that ?

that was a huge effort yesterday - we may have to rotate .  We could go all in on Tuesday as a win makes next Sunday irrelevant....but do we have the personnel available ????

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

Dan :facepalm: 

On a day when Leicester fans, players and owner really showed their class, this was not at all clever.

Huh

He threw a bit of cloth to the floor whilst in euphoria of winning. 

Really don't get the big deal over this. 

• Like 4

We'll probably get beat, but wouldn't it be hilarious if WBA beat Liverpool today and none of this matters.

Then we beat Spurs anyway because they're garbage and it's funny.

Although winning on Tuesday, ideally with a ton of VAR decisions, would please me in making Tuchel lose it even more.

This is what you get for not wearing a suit to the Cup Final lad

2 minutes ago, jimsmallman said:

We'll probably get beat, but wouldn't it be hilarious if WBA beat Liverpool today and none of this matters.

Then we beat Spurs anyway because they're garbage and it's funny.

Although winning on Tuesday, ideally with a ton of VAR decisions, would please me in making Tuchel lose it even more.

This is what you get for not wearing a suit to the Cup Final lad

I just have a funny feeling WBA might get at least a draw today.. no idea why lol

1 minute ago, Corky said:

They won't be pissed, Rodgers will insist on professionalism. They'll be fully at it again today and tomorrow, Schmeichel even mentioned it.

They looked absolutely steam boated on the coach back to Leicester 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, Corky said:

They won't be pissed, Rodgers will insist on professionalism. They'll be fully at it again today and tomorrow, Schmeichel even mentioned it.

They will be in a pool right now recovering 

family time today 

then FOCUS 

they will be confident and buzzing 

there will be no slacking or celebrating with alcohol today 

madders is only one id worry about on that score 

• Haha 1