Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Chelsea away, Tues 18th May (For Ric Flair)

16 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

I think you have to look at out wage bill Vs turnover to realise we need extra income just to sustain the current spending.

The speculation on wages has worked so far but there comes a tipping point that has started to be exposed this season, if we continue to reach the Europa League we need more players, but the money involved in the competition cannot justify the investment.

Despite this, Rodgers and the players have done an incredible job to stay in contention when you consider the size of the squad, but this won't continue indefinitely without an increasing budget.

But this is what the fans will have to accept...and examples of some posts over These last 2 years...some still cant get it into their heads...

This even After Club & manager statements, over our Financial possibilities, and difficulties...

We Dont have the financial-clout...to compete with...1St levels...Man.city...Manutd,L'pool, & Chelsea...

2nd !evels Arsenal, Spurs , Maybe even  Everton/Newcastle/WHam....

If We Qualify for CL, it still would mean we would have to wait 1-3 seasons, before we could go into that 2-4 players at £40-80+mill .

Then their expected wages.....!!

Then negative Critics Conveniently forgetting....How quick a decimated squad Hits you, & turning out deciding results at the Business Side of EOS-run-ins...

Management & Rodgers continual statements...Dont really Sink in...some fans prefer the Agendas they can create...

We are a club, who Set out to compete to contend, for those covetted European spots,

but with  NO Guarantee that we can break & grab continuity into that honey-pot...

Aspirations  & ambition are to compete, contend & irritate, but more so than what we have done in the past....

that is & will be the seasonal-achievements...

Some of You might not agree... Thats Why & where I See the Modern Spurs, they Too cant compete with those top 4 clubs,

but like Arsenal still have more resources and the wider Catchment  with reputation Area than we do,

Plus their regular past European-escapades, have presented them their Top club traditions...

So Spurs, Arsenal, a strong A.Villa,Everton, W.Ham, & Leeds I See as our Real Top 4-7 competitors for the Next few years.

Then there are always the unknown factors & team,that will come along & Knock a dent into our ambitions....

Our strengths will be using & holding onto this fearless spirited, but still slightly underdog projection,

having though now that harder-core...!!

Edited by fuchsntf

Having watched the game back a couple of times over the weekend...this the way we turned the screw and applied pressure in the second half was really impressive. Then we got our goal whilst doing that to capitalise. Following that I thought we restricted them to very little, apart from a real moment of quality but thankfully he started his run a fraction too early.

No reason we can't go and win this. Tuchel's side tend to not create too much (Madrid aside) and rely on defensive solidity to get the win. Think that plays into our hands a bit as we're happy to cede territory and capitalise on space when it opens up. Would like to see Thomas and Castagne have the freedom to get up and down the wings, but that may not be possible with the fit personnel we have.

Also be interested to see if we show any nerves here. I definitely think we were in recent weeks. But a monster performance at the weekend has fully binned off any notion that these are bottlers. What an achievement already this season, all of them heroes, with a chance of becoming gods.

• Like 1

Have to be ready and raring to go for this, this is a huge match for the long term plans of the club. I hope they are hurting and deflated, and they have had two poor performances in a row now. In reality i imagine they will be intent on revege and get in amongst us from the first minute. Have to match their intensity.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

What's the latest on Evans' injury? Are we going to see Castagne at RCB? 

There's no way Evans plays again this season unless we want him to be disabled for the rest of his life. He needs to have the summer off and let himself heal.

If we're sticking with back 3 then anyone but Amartey or Morgan will do me :D

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

As I’ve said many times. Chelsea under Tuchel don’t thrash people. They’re all about all retention and probing. They’re a fairly simply teal to read. If they play Pulisic then he and Mount are usually the attackers, Havertz has the job of picking them out plus Wermer. Chelsea’s issue has been scoring, they don’t seem to be able to score many goals, isn’t Abraham still their top goal scorer? 

They are technically superb, and their ball retention possibly better than Man City, but, it’s what they do with it that lets them down. They’re not a free scoring team, they will also be nervous going into this game as there is huge pressure on them to win, not only that, they have a CL final to prepare for too.

They will leave gaps for us to exploit, and starting Madders is key, he’s been out for a few weeks, and not really at the level he should be, two games left and the possibility of a place in the England team for the Euro’s? It’s set up beautifully for him. 

Don’t give up on us now we’ve won the FA cup, these lads will still want to finish the season strongly. 

We will come away with at least a point on Tuesday, which is all we need. 

How exactly is it all we need?

Once again we'll need everything to go right again if we want to sh*thouse another win, which seems unlikely, but you don't know what kind of effect Saturday will have had on them.

They're either going to be very angry or fall apart. If they're angry, Schemichel could put in the goalkeeping performance of the decade in and they'll still run out 4 or 5-0 winners haha. If they fall apart mentally then we have everuy chance of sewing up top 4 tomorrow night. They've got some big experience characters in Silva and Azpi so it'll be interesting to see if they can rally around the rest of the squad.

Either way, same as saturday. Leave nothing on the pitch and have no regrets is all I ask.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Once again we'll need everything to go right again if we want to sh*thouse another win, which seems unlikely, but you don't know what kind of effect Saturday will have had on them.

They're either going to be very angry or fall apart. If they're angry, Schemichel could put in the goalkeeping performance of the decade in and they'll still run out 4 or 5-0 winners haha. If they fall apart mentally then we have everuy chance of sewing up top 4 tomorrow night. They've got some big experience characters in Silva and Azpi so it'll be interesting to see if they can rally around the rest of the squad.

Either way, same as saturday. Leave nothing on the pitch and have no regrets is all I ask.

They haven’t beaten us in 7-8 games now, so mentally that will weigh on them. Add in we just beat them in the FA Cup and that Liverpool are breathing down their necks, plus a CL final is looming and we may have more than a chance. 

It all depends really. We have it in us to beat them again. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

They haven’t beaten us in 7-8 games now, so mentally that will weigh on them. Add in we just beat them in the FA Cup and that Liverpool are breathing down their necks, plus a CL final is looming and we may have more than a chance. 

It all depends really. We have it in us to beat them again. 

Has it really been that many games? That's pretty mental haha.

So I had to go check, it's 6 unbeaten in the league and with a couple of FA cup losses slotted in there. One more win and I can drop all this tension and enjoy the last game of the season :D

• Like 1

The psyche behind this game is unreal, you might even say, it's mental :photo:

So many if's and and's.

Bottom line, for me, in my opinion, my view, me only, no offence meant to anyone else is this, the two teams will want this game as much as Saturday. Which kind of guarantees another dilly ding dilly dong.

Because of the fast turn around, essentially, we're coming out for the third quarter of the game.

You can bet there'll be changes all around, I can't see Havertz, Pulisic and Chilwell starting on the bench. 

So perhaps we'll see a mild change as well because it just seems too pragmatic to line up the same team and say...more of the same please, I'm just not convinced by that approach. 

Real life Questions

Concerns for Kelechi?, but he still should start, right?

Standard Maddison / Perez debate, perhaps flip that system for this game?

Back 3 or Back 4? I don't believe we are fixed in a back 3, we do have options. 

Morgan in a back 3 if we do stick?, he would add some muscle and leadership. 

My Fantasy football line up with no considerations would be, 

Schmeichel 

Castagne Soyuncu Fofana Thomas

Tielemans Ndidi 

Perez Maddison Albrighton

Vardy

Edited by Danny Clender
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

The psyche behind this game is unreal, you might even say, it's mental :photo:

So many if's and and's.

Bottom line, for me, in my opinion, my view, me only, no offence meant to anyone else is this, the two teams will want this game as much as Saturday. Which kind of guarantees another dilly ding dilly dong.

Because of the fast turn around, essentially, we're coming out for the third quarter of the game.

You can bet there'll be changes all around, I can't see Havertz, Pulisic and Chilwell starting on the bench. 

So perhaps we'll see a mild change as well because it just seems too pragmatic to line up the same team and say...more of the same please, I'm just not convinced by that approach. 

Real life Questions

Concerns for Kelechi?, but he still should start, right?

Standard Maddison / Perez debate, perhaps flip that system for this game?

Back 3 or Back 4? I don't believe we are fixed in a back 3, we do have options. 

Morgan in a back 3 if we do stick?, he would add some muscle and leadership. 

My Fantasy football line up with no considerations would be, 

Schmeichel 

Castagne Soyuncu Fofana Thomas

Tielemans Ndidi 

Perez Maddison Albrighton

Vardy

I honestly don't think Vardy should ever start up front on his own again...

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

But this is what the fans will have to accept...and examples of some posts over These last 2 years...some still cant get it into their heads...

This even After Club & manager statements, over our Financial possibilities, and difficulties...

We Dont have the financial-clout...to compete with...1St levels...Man.city...Manutd,L'pool, & Chelsea...

2nd !evels Arsenal, Spurs , Maybe even  Everton/Newcastle/WHam....

If We Qualify for CL, it still would mean we would have to wait 1-3 seasons, before we could go into that 2-4 players at £40-80+mill .

Then their expected wages.....!!

Then negative Critics Conveniently forgetting....How quick a decimated squad Hits you, & turning out deciding results at the Business Side of EOS-run-ins...

Management & Rodgers continual statements...Dong Really Sink in...some fans prefer the Agendas they can create...

Es are are a club, who Set put to compete to contend, for those covetted European spots, but with  NO Guaranteed that we can break & grab continuity

Info that honey-pot...Aspiration & ambition is to compete,contend & irritate, but more so than what we have done in the past....

That is & will be the seasonal-achievements...

Some of You might not agree... Thats Why & where I See the Modern Spurs, they Too cant compete with those top 4 clubs,

but like Arsenal still have more Ressources and the wider Catchment  with Reputation Area than we do,

Plus their regular past European-escapades, have presented them their Top club traditions...

So Spurs, Arsenal, a strong A.Villa,Everton, W.Ham, & Leeds I See as our Real Top 4-7 competitors for the Next few years.

Then there are always the unknown factors & team,that will come along & Knock a dent into our ambitions....

Our strengths will be using & holding onto this fearless spirited, but still slightly underdog projection,

having though now that harder-core...!!

so we need the Champions League to sustain obscene wages and transfer fees having been praised for not being one of the greedy big 6 ! Europa League and a sensible budget are fine by me. Coming Fourth in the Premier , sorry can't get excited by that. Shame the format of the European Cup was altered due to commercial reasons but that says everything about current trends. Will always support my team regardless and just happy to have won the League and Cup which I never thought possible.🏆

I suspect it will be:

Schmeichel

Castagne - Fofana - Soyuncu

Ricardo                              Thomas

Ndidi - Tielemans

Maddison

Iheanacho - Vardy

No chance that we move to a back 4 at this stage of the season when playing Chelsea away.

Sort of feels like everything is stacked against us for this match. Hangover from the cup, Chelsea wanting revenge, Chelsea needing to win as badly as us, their fans being back, the unwritten rule that back-to-back matches against the same opposition always yield different results.

I just hope the players haven't over done it. Winning the final may actually lift some of the pressure on this match for us, as even if we miss out on the top 4 this season is already a memorable one. Tomorrow is a bonus now, rather than do or die.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

I suspect it will be:

Schmeichel

Castagne - Fofana - Soyuncu

Ricardo                              Thomas

Ndidi - Tielemans

Maddison

Iheanacho - Vardy

No chance that we move to a back 4 at this stage of the season when playing Chelsea away.

Sort of feels like everything is stacked against us for this match. Hangover from the cup, Chelsea wanting revenge, Chelsea needing to win as badly as us, their fans being back, the unwritten rule that back-to-back matches against the same opposition always yield different results.

I just hope the players haven't over done it. Winning the final may actually lift some of the pressure on this match for us, as even if we miss out on the top 4 this season is already a memorable one. Tomorrow is a bonus now, rather than do or die.

Yeah this is pretty much my feeling. I can't look behind a Chelsea win to be honest. 

It's all set up for them and their fans to feel like the heroes of their own story, at their own ground, its their final act revenge after losing the first fight to Clubber Lang. 

1 minute ago, Danny Clender said:

It's a big call...what specifics are you basing that on?

I think he's still got it. 

For about 4 months his touch and finishing has been poor. He no longer has the pace to occupy an entire back line like he used to. If Vardy starts up front on his own, it would render our attack pretty toothless. But also we've had Barne's injury to contend with since the end of August. Maybe with fully fit and on form Madders, Barnes and some new winger on the other side, it could work. 

Iheanacho was bullied by Rudiger so he either has to be better or do something different. I know Vardy likes to play from a left side but let's see if Rudiger can keep up with him. 

Ricardo gets the nod ahead of Albrighton because we will probably spend the game with a back 5 and he's more used to being a right back. Worry about Castagne as a centre back but if it's tight around him he should be ok. 

Going to be very tough, going to need to be a committed, organised approach but need to carry a threat. The longer it stays 0-0 the better. 

• Like 1

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

For about 4 months his touch and finishing has been poor. He no longer has the pace to occupy an entire back line like he used to. If Vardy starts up front on his own, it would render our attack pretty toothless. But also we've had Barne's injury to contend with since the end of August. Maybe with fully fit and on form Madders, Barnes and some new winger on the other side, it could work. 

True, without Barnes and Maddison, his goal stats have dwindled. 

I just wonder which position he'd become less productive in first...the goal supporting role or the goal dependant role. 

It's the conversation we all don't want to have really :ermm:.

We'll get to see the the succession plan over the next few months I guess.

I agree though, I think the 2 up top system is the safest choice tomorrow.