Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Chelsea away, Tues 18th May (For Ric Flair)

Does Anyone Tuchel play everyone of his top stars (whoever they are) ? They’ve had some tough games recently. 

Chelsea losing three games in a row would be a disaster for them. I hope they have a real hangover from yesterday and I hope we are walking on water. 

I don’t get how we win, just win. If we do then last years collapse goes in the bin just like the Deeney goal.

I wonder if he Kante will play, I think he’s struggled a bit with injuries, dropped out the squad for the Arsenal game so he was fit for FA cup final. I wonder if two games in quick succession will be too much for him.

It will definitely help our cause if he doesn’t play!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

I think it's completely unreasonable that my employers expect me to work while all of this is going on. The amount of stress I'm under. The anxiety. I can't be expected to work too.

Get signed off by the dr Singh 

12 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Think they’re likely to chuck everything at us so might need to mix it up slightly to keep it fresh. Got to try and keep it tight as long as we can and grab a goal on the break. Wish we had a Barnes to exploit the space in behind their wing backs but hopefully Vardy can do that for us. Seems harsh on Kel but thinking a fresh Praet might help on that right hand side. 

Schmeichel 

Castagne - Fofana - Söyüncü 

Ricardo - Tielemans - Ndidi - Thomas 

Praet   -  Vardy  -  Maddison 

I would play something close to this - play it conservative for 60 minutes - and put faith in the idea that Vardy is due for a huge game - which he is.

1 hour ago, whitlock said:

I wonder if he Kante will play, I think he’s struggled a bit with injuries, dropped out the squad for the Arsenal game so he was fit for FA cup final. I wonder if two games in quick succession will be too much for him.

It will definitely help our cause if he doesn’t play!

You can't possibly rest Kante in the biggest game of the season unless he's genuinely hurt.  He was great yesterday but he's great pretty much every day - a true box to box phenomenon.

I agree with those that said Chelsea are a spent force since the loss to Arsenal. The team has been looking weaker recently. I think the Tuchel factor has gone.

I also agree with those that send losing is psychologically more exhausting than winning. Of course it is. And that difference is massive.

Two back to back defeats for Chelsea means they are really hurting. Three and they will drop out of the top 4.

• Like 1

So how are Chelsea going to set up for this game? Surely Tuchel will look to mark Tielemans out the game with either Kante or another CM coming in and being his shadow. Chilwell will no doubt start and I think James will keep his place put play as a wing back on the other side. Can see a few other changes like Havertz and Pulisic starting from the off. I think their game plan will be to try keep Tielemans out the game and get the ball down the channels much more. I'm a bit concerned if Zouma comes in, as he is an absolute monster in the box and we could be vulnerable without Jonny. 

I think we should start with the same team minus Evans of course. If Tielemans is being marked out the game, then I think an earlier change will be needed with Maddison potentially coming on at half time to give them an extra creative player to worry about. Other than that, I just hope Iheanacho has a better game, and we try keep it tight and hit them on the break. They will be desperate to win and I think that could play into our hands with them pushing forward. Vardy and Iheanacho have to get down those channels as Chilwell and James will be well forward at times leaving that space. 

Grit, calmness and a wee bit of luck and we can get it done! 1-0 again 

• Like 1

Slightly worried. However, I am pessimistic by nature. Feel we could be on the end of a thrashing. It is a joke that Chelsea can bring in Christienson, Chilwell, Kovacic, Pulisic, Havertz and Giroud (6!!!!!! Players) and not be any weaker! Just mental. 

21 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Chilwell, Hudson-Odoi, Havertz, Pulisic in.  I’d counter with 4-5-1 and leave Kelechi out this time, but I imagine we'll stick with 5 at the back.

Yeah, no way we change system at this moment in time when we’ve had basically no preparation for this match.

It feels weird having a game this big, against the same team, just three days after beating them in a cup final. A completely bizarre situation.

I'll be amazed if we win. It's not even a pop at us, it seems to be one of those unwritten rules that if a team plays another twice in a row, you get different results. Especially given how fired up they're going to be. It's a shame the players can't enjoy winning that cup properly.

Would take a point.

• Like 3

The only thing Vardy has ripped apart in months is his groin, so I wouldn’t hold my breath of that one.  The goal(s) will likely have to come from elsewhere.

Also, I’ll be very surprised if James is at CB again.  That was a strategic blunder Tuchel won’t repeat.

This is going to be extraordinarily difficult. 

Chelsea will be fired up, having felt they were unfortunate to lose on Saturday. 

It's similar to when we lost to Spurs in the League Cup final in the late 90s, and the following week went to WHL and thoroughly did them over.

A point will be a great achievement tomorrow evening. 

2 minutes ago, majaco said:

I guess there will have been some hangovers yesterday.  Anyone know how many of our squad are tee-total?

They were training yesterday. Notably a few of the old guard were up quite early posting on social media, so there’s a few what didn’t go nuts 

As I’ve said many times. Chelsea under Tuchel don’t thrash people. They’re all about all retention and probing. They’re a fairly simply teal to read. If they play Pulisic then he and Mount are usually the attackers, Havertz has the job of picking them out plus Wermer. Chelsea’s issue has been scoring, they don’t seem to be able to score many goals, isn’t Abraham still their top goal scorer? 

They are technically superb, and their ball retention possibly better than Man City, but, it’s what they do with it that lets them down. They’re not a free scoring team, they will also be nervous going into this game as there is huge pressure on them to win, not only that, they have a CL final to prepare for too.

They will leave gaps for us to exploit, and starting Madders is key, he’s been out for a few weeks, and not really at the level he should be, two games left and the possibility of a place in the England team for the Euro’s? It’s set up beautifully for him. 

Don’t give up on us now we’ve won the FA cup, these lads will still want to finish the season strongly. 

We will come away with at least a point on Tuesday, which is all we need.