Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Europa League 2021/22 Thread

Maximum of 15 games (13 if we win the group) and no necessity to win all of them.  Go all out for this please.  Aside from it being a legitimate route to the CL, now that we've completed domestic football, I want European trophies.  And I think we could do it.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I want Slavia again and I want revenge. Love the new format.

I totally understand that notion but they were a horrible team to play against. I'd rather they just went bust after some of their play acting. 

Edit - Not to mention some of their scummy players against Rangers too. Racially abused a player (seems to be accepted that this actually happened), then started throwing accusations about themselves. They were horrid.

Edited by Duquesne Whistle
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Maximum of 15 games (13 if we win the group) and no necessity to win all of them.  Go all out for this please.  Aside from it being a legitimate route to the CL, now that we've completed domestic football, I want European trophies.  And I think we could do it.

It's the natural next step after completing our domestic set. I'm with you, even if it means binning off the two domestic cups next season in order to have a full swing at the Europa. Who knows, if we make the right signings, maybe we could have a go at all three cups, but I'd happily settle for an all out assault on this one.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

What's the new format? 

Only 32 teams in it for starters.

- 8 groups of 4

- Top of the group = last 16

- Second in the group faces a playoff round with the third-placed CL sides, the winners of which make up the rest of the last 16

- Third in the group goes into a playoff round against the second-placed Europa Conference League teams for a chance to get into that competition's last 16.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

- 8 groups of 4

- Second in the group faces a playoff round with the third-placed CL sides, the winners of which make up the rest of the last 16

- Third in the group goes into a playoff round against the second-placed Europa Conference League teams for a chance to get into that competition's last 16.

Brilliant! So we could end up winning the inaugural conference trophy..I love it! 

Hopefully they'll use the old cup winners' Cup trophy to give the winners some heritage to cling on to

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Brilliant! So we could end up winning the inaugural conference trophy..I love it! 

Hopefully they'll use the old cup winners' Cup trophy to give the winners some heritage to cling on to

I think we'd probably prefer to avoid any extra round and go straight into the last 16 but yeah it's a nice little parachute if we end up screwing up and finishing third in a group.

Winning the inaugural ECL trophy would add some gloss as well if that were to end up happening.

10 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

- 8 groups of 4

It's such a more viable option this season with the new format isn't it? We were mugged by Slavia this season really, fair play to them, they did it to others too.

When you look at teams (Man U, Man City, Arsenal for obvious examples), it takes years and experience to triumph in Europe. Man City still haven't managed it, yet, since their takeover. Obviously that could change soon.

We'll be entering our 3rd recent season in Europe, we're starting to get experienced at it.

Edited by Duquesne Whistle
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Still don't believe Champions League third placers should be dropped in but that set up seems a better fit and more of a reward for finishing top of the group.

Winning the group means no European football from December until March which was a hideous schedule this season.

I'm hoping the group stage games will be more spread out from Sept to December as well. 

Europa League Qualifiers for 21/22 so far with co-efficient points. 

GROUP STAGE

Real Sociedad - 17 points

Real Betis - 10 points

Leicester City - 32 Points

West Ham - 1.5 points

Eintract Frankfurt - 33 points

Bayer Leverkusen - 57 points

Napoli - 74 points

Lazio - 44 points

Lyon - 76 points 

Marseille - 28 points

Braga - 35 points

Locomotive Moscow - 0 points

PLAYOFF

Antwerp - 10.5 points

Zorya Luhansk - 15 points

AZ - 21.5 points

Fenerbache - 19.5 points

Sturm Graz - 4.5 points

Randers - 0 points

QUALIFIERS

St Johnston - 0.25 points

Jablonec - 7 points 

Anortgosi Famagusta - 3 points

6 teams have more points than us already, with lots more qualifying rounds etc to play. It’ll be touch and go if we are seeded for the group stages. 

We’re ranked 51st in Europe currently, however we lose 22 points after next season, as our champions league points get wiped. We only picked up 10 points last season. So unless we win this, we’ll struggle to get seeded in future seasons. 

https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/#/yr/2021

Edited by Sly
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sly said:

6 teams have more poisoned than us already, with lots more qualifying rounds etc to play. It’ll be touch and go if we are seeded for the group stages. 

We’re ranked 51st in Europe currently, however we lose 22 points after next season, as our champions league points get wiped. We only picked up 10 points last season. So unless we win this, we’ll struggle to get seeded in future seasons. 

For crying out loud. I'd just started to get some positivity back after the events at the weekend. Couldn't you have just lied instead?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2