Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Europa League 2021/22 Thread

I love Villareal's yellow shirt, something about that and their stadium that just always gets me. Similar with Sampdoria, the correlation with their shirt and stadium is very classy.

Man Utd have been dog muck to our sort of levels in recent weeks, the difference is we still managed to pick up a trophy and it be a season worth celebrating. Man Utd cannot be classed as successful this season just for getting CL, that's par for the course for a club their size, likewise Liverpool and Chelsea. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, copunk said:

For those belittling the Europa League, look at what its meant to United to lose, and Villareal to win

Regardless what some folk say its a cracking competition, i feel we have a brilliany chance of winning it next season 

It really pissed me off how the BT host KEPT insisting ‘oh well it’s not the European cup they all want but it’s still a big deal’, like the reason people think it’s not worth winning is comment like that made by Sky and BT!! 

• Like 4

Spanish teams have dominated this competition for the last decade. Let's hope Sevilla and Villarreal don't finish 3rd in the CL. Villarreal probably will as they will be 4th seeded or 3rd seeded at best. Let's also hope United don't drop down to Europa League again next season. Let's go strong to finish top and then in the quarters go strong  again. 

I so so badly want to win this.. 

Edited by Koke

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Spanish teams have dominated this competition for the last decade. Let's hope Sevilla and Villarreal don't finish 3rd in the CL. Villarreal probably will as they will be 4th seeded or 3rd seeded at best. Let's also hope United don't drop down to Europa League again next season. Let's go strong to finish top and then in the quarters go strong  again. 

I so so badly want to win this.. 

Winners of europa league are top seeds for the following champions league campaign, I think.

Just now, FOXSE said:

Winners of europa league are top seeds for the following champions league campaign, I think.

That's great. Although I can still see them drop down to Europa League. 

• Like 1

Surely Spurs would have to pay PSG the remainder of Pochs contract and also offer Poch a suitable transfer budget? 

But the wasn’t a lack of funds one of the main reasons he left in the first place? He would also have to face maybe losing Kane too. It doesn’t add up to me at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Surely Spurs would have to pay PSG the remainder of Pochs contract and also offer Poch a suitable transfer budget? 

But the wasn’t a lack of funds one of the main reasons he left in the first place? He would also have to face maybe losing Kane too. It doesn’t add up to me at all.

So if Poch goes back to Spurs, which I find unrealistic, he basically has the same group of players around him who stopped playing for him in the lead up to his departure. Funny old game.

54 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

So if Poch goes back to Spurs, which I find unrealistic, he basically has the same group of players around him who stopped playing for him in the lead up to his departure. Funny old game.

Same happened with Zidane and now Allegri at Juve. Not sure why they go back so quickly and it usually never peaks better than before.

I'm fascinated what Spurs do, they have financial problems and I can't help but feel like Levy is for once starting to gamble and I hope they implode even further.

On 27/05/2021 at 12:11, MGLCFC said:

Aye, Greavsie

4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Wonder if he'll have trouble getting tickets? 

He will be logging on the day his priority points level comes up, knowing there are only 50 tickets left and there is a mad scramble!

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

He will be logging on the day his priority points level comes up, knowing there are only 50 tickets left and there is a mad scramble!

This was literally me when I got my sevilla away ticket! 😄

On 27/05/2021 at 13:06, Ric Flair said:

Same happened with Zidane and now Allegri at Juve. Not sure why they go back so quickly and it usually never peaks better than before.

I'm fascinated what Spurs do, they have financial problems and I can't help but feel like Levy is for once starting to gamble and I hope they implode even further.

This is no more than an attempt by Levy to appease the Fans. He knows the Fans loved Poch and by bringing him back he's hoping it will keep the fans from calling for his head.

They need success more than any other team in the league to help with the finances.

As it stands before a ball has been kicked in the competition, we have 4 teams definitely in pot 1.

Lyon

Napoli

Lazio

Bayer Leverkusen 

We also have 2 other teams who sit ahead of us:

Braga

Frankfurt

This has us 7th overall so far and being in pot one will be really important this time, with group winners advanced directly to the last 16.

Currently in the qualifying there are no teams ranked higher than us, although there are 10 in the Champions League qualifying rounds who could drop in. 
So ideally we need at least 9 of the following teams to qualify for the Champions League in order for us to get Pot One.

Dinamo Zagreb 

Olympiacos

Young Boys

Red Star Belgrade 

Celtic

Slavia Prague

Shaktar Donetsk 

Monaco

Benfica

Red Bull Salzburg 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

As it stands before a ball has been kicked in the competition, we have 4 teams definitely in pot 1.

Lyon

Napoli

Lazio

Bayer Leverkusen 

Braga

Frankfurt

This has us 7th overall so far and being in pot one will be really important this time, with group winners advanced directly to the last 16.

Currently in the qualifying there are no teams ranked higher than us, although there are 10 in the Champions League qualifying rounds who could drop in. 
So ideally we need at least 9 of the following teams to qualify for the Champions League in order for us to get Pot One.

Dinamo Zagreb 

Olympiacos

Young Boys

Red Star Belgrade 

Celtic

Slavia Prague

Shaktar Donetsk 

Monaco

Benfica

Red Bull Salzburg 

Can't see us being anything else but Pot 2. Just need a fairly good draw and we'll be fine. Braga we did this season, Leverkusen are not scary. Even Lazio we could have a go at. Frankfurt have lost manager and players so will be average.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

So apparently, they are discussing dropping the away goal rule from next season onwards...

Just heard its likely it'll be approved to scrap it from next year. 

I'm in favour of it tbf, can see why a lot aren't but nothing worse than boring games because teams are parking it due to an "away goal".

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Lyon

Napoli

Lazio

Bayer Leverkusen 

Braga

Frankfurt

Dinamo Zagreb 

Olympiacos

Young Boys

Red Star Belgrade 

Celtic

Slavia Prague

Shaktar Donetsk 

Monaco

Benfica

Red Bull Salzburg 

We need to get lucky again and get domeone  like Braga. Although looking at the CL qualifiers the only teams I'm worried about facing are Monaco, Benfica and Shaktar, all 3 have loads of CL experience. The rest we are better.