Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Europa League 2021/22 Thread

The competition undergoes major changes in its 51st season, the 13th since it was rebranded from UEFA Cup to UEFA Europa League. It is scheduled to run from 5 August 2021 to 18 May 2022. As previously, the eventual winners will earn an automatic place in the following season's UEFA Champions League group stage. Teams reduced from 48 to 32.

Qualifying
5 & 12 August 2021: Third qualifying round
19 & 26 August 2021: Play-offs

Group stage
16 September 2021: Matchday 1
30 September 2021: Matchday 2
21 October 2021: Matchday 3
4 November 2021: Matchday 4
25 November 2021: Matchday 5
9 December 2021: Matchday 6

Knockout stages
17 & 24 February 2022: Knockout round play-offs
10 & 17 March 2022: Round of 16
7 & 14 April 2022: Quarter-finals
28 May & 5 May 2022: Semi-finals
18 May 2022: Final

Draws
19 July 2021, 13:30 CET: Third qualifying round
2 August 2021, 13:30 CET: Play-off round
27 August 2021, 13:00 CET: Group stage
13 December 2021, 13:30 CET: Knockout round play-offs
25 February 2022, 13:00 CET: Round of 16
18 March 2022, 13:30 CET: Quarter-finals & Semi-finals

• Like 3

Balls, the groupstage draw is the day I fly abroad, gonna be annoying trying to book flights whilst I've only just arrived in Spain. Might have to get someone to book for me.

EDIT: Are the fixture dates usually announced on the same day? An extra few hours will be lovely.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Group winners advance straight to the Round of 16

Knockout play-off games are played between the Group Runners Up and the teams that drop down from the Champions League

That is a huge incentive to win the group! I didn't realise that had been brought in this season. 

• Like 4

Have we got a list of teams that have qualified for this ? I love being in Europe. Yeah, like everyone I wish it was CL given how we performed but if its the EL for the next few years, so be it. Being in Europe is the priority. 

I also want a European trophy. Imagine winning the EL and league cup next year. **** it, lets become a cup team!! You cant beat that winning feeling. 

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Have we got a list of teams that have qualified for this ? I love being in Europe. Yeah, like everyone I wish it was CL given how we performed but if its the EL for the next few years, so be it. Being in Europe is the priority. 

I also want a European trophy. Imagine winning the EL and league cup next year. **** it, lets become a cup team!! You cant beat that winning feeling. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021–22_UEFA_Europa_League

Most notably:

Bayer Leverkusen 

Marseille

Lyon

Napoli

Lazio

Frankfurt

Braga

Real Sociedad 

Real Betis 

Our coefficient is 32.000

(iirc it was 22.000 last season?) 

• Like 2

Hopefully we win the group then  put some priority on the knockout stages, there is no reason why we can’t win this. Depends who comes down from the CL, but of the teams to qualify directly we should be up there with the favourites. 

Squad depth will be key though.