Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Europa League 2021/22 Thread

“Naples is a shithole” is a view that’s about 30 years out of date made by people who don’t like graffiti lol 

They’re not great at bin collections but that’s about it. 

It’s got one of the greatest long straight streets in the world for drinking/eating... would be the away day of dreams for me! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

I think Union Berlin are in the qualifiers. I’d love us to get them. I go to Berlin regularly and love the place, and a football trip to their 22,000 stadium, which has only 2,000 seats, would be magnificent. Here’s hoping

This is them at a pre season over here.

No seats in the away end at Union. Just a superb terrace.

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

This is them at a pre season over here.

No seats in the away end at Union. Just a superb terrace.

Would assume if they qualify they’d have to play at the Olympic stadium to comply with UEFA regs which would ruin any hope of that? 

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Would assume if they qualify they’d have to play at the Olympic stadium to comply with UEFA regs which would ruin any hope of that? 

That would be a huge shame. Hertha’s ground is visually great but not a patch on the experience at Union.

11 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

90/91 was scary. I suspect you mean 91/92, which was Little's first season and is also full of great memories for me too. I still have the Bukta top I wore to Wembley...

No, I meant 90/91. Agreed it was scary at the time but it was also hilarious too with thousands of fans celebrating on the pitch at the end of what had been our worst ever season and treating the players who had got us into that situation as heroes.

1 hour ago, ceredigion said:

No, I meant 90/91. Agreed it was scary at the time but it was also hilarious too with thousands of fans celebrating on the pitch at the end of what had been our worst ever season and treating the players who had got us into that situation as heroes.

Fair enough - however the 0-1 home defeat referred to against Port Vale was in the following season!

2 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

I think Union Berlin are in the qualifiers. I’d love us to get them. I go to Berlin regularly and love the place, and a football trip to their 22,000 stadium, which has only 2,000 seats, would be magnificent. Here’s hoping

They are not. They are in the Conference League 

57 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Fair enough - however the 0-1 home defeat referred to against Port Vale was in the following season!

Well we seemed to lose a lot to teams like Port Vale, Barnsley, Grimsby et. al. back then. It all blurs into one. Memory is like eyesight and the vertebrae. It doesn't improve with age.

4 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

They're in the Conference League I think.

i hope we get betis and smash them as i will be living in sevilla by then, where i had been. i like sevilla alot more than betis, though obv not like leicester lol. just sympathize i guess you could say. regardless, would be fun, or maybe against sociedad, or smarseillse

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

They're in the Conference League I think.

Spain Real Sociedad (5th) Spain Real Betis (6th) England Leicester City (CW) England West Ham United (6th)
Germany Eintracht Frankfurt (5th) Germany Bayer Leverkusen (6th) Italy Napoli (5th) Italy Lazio (6th)
France Lyon (4th) France Marseille (5th) Portugal Braga (CW) Russia Lokomotiv Moscow (CW)

Are the known group teams atm.  (According to Wikipedia.) (Until the qualifying rounds are done and the full group draw is made on the 27th August.)

4 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:
Spain Real Sociedad (5th) Spain Real Betis (6th) England Leicester City (CW) England West Ham United (6th)
Germany Eintracht Frankfurt (5th) Germany Bayer Leverkusen (6th) Italy Napoli (5th) Italy Lazio (6th)
France Lyon (4th) France Marseille (5th) Portugal Braga (CW) Russia Lokomotiv Moscow (CW)

Are the known group teams atm.  (According to Wikipedia.) (Until the qualifying rounds are done and the full group draw is made on the 27th August.)

Some proper cauldron like away games there. Marseille and Napoli would be experiences.