Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Europa League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

For crying out loud. I'd just started to get some positivity back after the events at the weekend. Couldn't you have just lied instead?

Sorry, I had to work all of that out!! No positive spin …. Only stats ….. and points. 

ANYHOW, WE’RE LEICESTER AND WE’RE GOING TO WIN THE EUROPA!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

The final is on my birthday. 

IT IS MEANT TO BE.

I remember us playing Port Vale on my birthday once. The planets were are all aligned. How can we lose this one I thought.

Port Vale beat us 1-0.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ceredigion said:

I remember us playing Port Vale on my birthday once. The planets were are all aligned. How can we lose this one I thought.

Port Vale beat us 1-0.

That’s nothing to be ashamed of. Port vale are the only team to have beaten every single team in the football league :thumbup:

We need better back up players next year if we are to see this through further. That means strengthen and not buy back up either. Fuchs and Morgan really weren't much use in the last few months. We need better quality replacements if we are to have a good go at this and maintain a good league position. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ceredigion said:

Yes that's the one. The 90/91 season. Still one of my favourite seasons of all time.

90/91 was scary. I suspect you mean 91/92, which was Little's first season and is also full of great memories for me too. I still have the Bukta top I wore to Wembley...

• Like 1

Guest Bert Fill
13 hours ago, ceredigion said:

Port Vale beat us 1-0.

It’ll be fine. I’m almost certain we won’t be playing Port Vale in the Europa League final. So nothing to worry about!

I'm so up for this. With the changes  are we could win this if we went for it. Hopefully we will get an easy group again so we won't have to spend a lot of energy on it, then when we reach last 16 we go full on to win it. 

Give me Zorya and Braga and AEK Athens again.

I'm already over missing out on Champions League. Let's do this.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

naples is a shithole but I want to draw them for a decent away day ...............

Should be good but most likely would be bad. Swansea got kettled all day by the Police and then bussed round Naples for 2 hours, getting dropped off at the ground 10 minutes after kick off.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, ceredigion said:

Port Vale beat us 1-0.

Remember driving to Port Vale. Must have been that season. Apart from knowing it was vaguely in Stoke, had no real idea where it was. 

And in those pre-satnav days we had the devil's own job finding it. Must have asked about 10 different people the way - and this was after we'd reached Stoke - and got 10 different answers. 

In the end I spotted a kid in a Vale scarf, and he took us there - after we stopped at his grandma's to drop some shopping off! 

Can't recall anything about the game itself, save for standing on a sizeable windswept terrace, flicking fag-ends on to the pitch. 

Different days...

So in the round of 16, EL group winners are likely to play CL 3rd place teams (as I assume they are likely to beat EL runners up in the play off round). 

Provided we win our group, I think we could hold our own against most 3rd place CL group teams.

Of course, there can always be the odd group of death in the CL and you end up with quite a strong team from the CL in the EL, like Man U this year. I look at the quality of the quarter finalists in the EL this year and apart from Man U, we were capable and should have felt confident about beating all of them, IMO.

• Like 1

Hopefully we get top seeded for the draw as there are are some decent sides in this that, if you want to win the group and get a bye to the last 16, we would want to avoid.

that said, with a bit of luck of the draw one the knockout stages we really do have a great chance of going far or even winning this.

a European trophy (and automatic qualification for CL ) would cement us as true top side.

42 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Hopefully we get top seeded for the draw as there are are some decent sides in this that, if you want to win the group and get a bye to the last 16, we would want to avoid.

that said, with a bit of luck of the draw one the knockout stages we really do have a great chance of going far or even winning this.

a European trophy (and automatic qualification for CL ) would cement us as true top side.

We are projected to be second seed. There’s a couple of teams who could be a real danger in Pot 4 as it stands Betis and Sociedad