Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Europa League 2021/22 Thread

On 24/05/2021 at 15:05, moore_94 said:

Group winners advance straight to the Round of 16

Knockout play-off games are played between the Group Runners Up and the teams that drop down from the Champions League

This is an improvement over the old system, shame they still get to join, but this is for sure an improvement.

29 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GUXXlunQifru4XyTbNLLz2720MmtLmoyJTkW5T-Lx_o/edit?usp=sharing

Something from twitter - the pots page is projected based on coefficients etc. Gives an idea of the quality of teams and potential opposition

We’ll be pot 2 surely. 

4 minutes ago, copunk said:

For those belittling the Europa League, look at what its meant to United to lose, and Villareal to win

Regardless what some folk say its a cracking competition, i feel we have a brilliany chance of winning it next season 

Agreed. Its a shame we had to bomb out of it this season because of injuries. Had we had a full squad available, I think we'd have had a decent chance of getting further in the competition. 

• Like 3

In terms of financial reward and prestige the Champions League is obviously preferable. However, in terms of fan experience and how well we could do in the competition, the Europa League probably wins. 

Hopefully, with fewer injuries and a few new signings to strengthen, we could do well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tickler28 said:

Right I've decided....with 1 less knockout round....and hopefully no English clubs drop down into it....we can win this fricking trophy!!!

Only West Ham out of the English clubs and only one Spanish club now they have 5 CL clubs if I believe that to be correct.

Get a favourable draw and we might even be favourite but if not surely in the top four favourites.

14 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Only West Ham out of the English clubs and only one Spanish club now they have 5 CL clubs if I believe that to be correct.

Get a favourable draw and we might even be favourite but if not surely in the top four favourites.

Spain will still have two. They won’t have any in the conference league I believe. 

Edited by peach0000
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Spain will still have two. Eighth place will get conference league. I believe that’s how it works now.

just checked and you're right, Celta Vigo who finished 8th will now replace them.

Edited by Gerard

9 hours ago, tickler28 said:

Right I've decided....with 1 less knockout round....and hopefully no English clubs drop down into it....we can win this fricking trophy!!!

Only if we top the group. Looking at how Pot 1 is shaping up, that is a tall ask unless we get a favourable draw. Someone like Leverkusen would be a good draw.

That's the final nail in de geas coffin I reckon, at Man U at least. His career trajectory really is a strange one. Went to United and was a liability but could always tell there was a player in there somewhere. Became one of if not the best goalkeeper in the world for 3 or 4 years and after that has been in steady decline and error strewn for years now, making mistake after mistake after being so ultra consistent for seasons on end. All this and he's just turned 30. Very strange career trajectory, indeed.