Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2021/2022

On 25/06/2021 at 12:01, The Bear said:

Wycombe sounding like they'll be suing Derby for loss of Championship winnings. Owner isn't a happy chappie. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57604421

Without looking into it in too much detail, surely any breach resulting in a points deduction should stand for last season and ultimately relegation for Derby? It happened to Wigan the season before and Sheffield Wednesday were ultimately relegated on the back of a points deduction last season too. 

1 hour ago, Manini said:

Martyn Waghorn doing his very best to play for all the shittest teams in the Midlands after leaving the best. 

I can remember when he was the big signing for us.

11 minutes ago, Corky said:

I can remember when he was the big signing for us.

To be fair to him, during his loan spell with us he was tidy enough, and I was excited to sign him permanently. The last minute winner at home to Boro sticks out when I think he was still on loan. 

4 hours ago, Super_horns said:
Looks like Derby will be staying in the Championship.

Making them submit their accounts at a later date. Meaning they think they can give them a points deduction when it isn't going to decide relegation for them.

Seems a bit of a cop out to avoid any potential trouble with legal challenges. 

We'll see if Wycome take legal action now like their owner said they would. 

5 hours ago, Manini said:

Martyn Waghorn doing his very best to play for all the shittest teams in the Midlands after leaving the best. 

2 year contract. He"ll do alright for them. He'll score a few and get them up the table a few places. 

13 hours ago, Koke said:

2 year contract. He"ll do alright for them. He'll score a few and get them up the table a few places. 

I think so too. He’s as steady as they come at that level, even at 31. 

23 hours ago, Manini said:

Anyone know if Bristol City sell out, generally? Down there end of September for work and they’re at home on the Saturday to Fulham. Really fancy that. 

I'd imagine you'd comfortably get a ticket for that and Fulham don't sell out many away ends, so you could always sit with them if you wanted 

• Thanks 1

On 09/07/2021 at 21:37, Manini said:

Anyone know if Bristol City sell out, generally? Down there end of September for work and they’re at home on the Saturday to Fulham. Really fancy that. 

You’ll be fine. Prior warning though you’ll pay the same as you do here lol especially in the new stand 

• Thanks 1

On 09/07/2021 at 21:37, Manini said:

Fulham away ends are not as bad as you would expect I have heard. Chance to jump in with them.

On 11/07/2021 at 08:02, SemperEadem said:

Fulham away ends are not as bad as you would expect I have heard. Chance to jump in with them.

Turns out somebody I work with has connections at the club and can block book seats. He’s asked if preference is home or away end so seeing what the other lads want to do, but I reckon we might go in with them yeah. Keen to see what Ashton Gate is like. 

11 minutes ago, Manini said:

Turns out somebody I work with has connections at the club and can block book seats. He’s asked if preference is home or away end so seeing what the other lads want to do, but I reckon we might go in with them yeah. Keen to see what Ashton Gate is like. 

The concourse of the new stand is very impressive. It’s deliberately very open and airy and the whole experience of having a couple of pints before the game is much more enjoyable/doable within the ground.

9 hours ago, AjcW said:

The concourse of the new stand is very impressive. It’s deliberately very open and airy and the whole experience of having a couple of pints before the game is much more enjoyable/doable within the ground.

Any recommendations for pubs before/after mate?