Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2021/2022

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Luton with 5 signings already

Henri Lansbury, Cameron Jerome, Allan Campbell, Fred Onyedinma, Reece Burke

Hopefully we send them someone on loan again after how much they have helped with KDH's development

Allan Campbell I think could prove a smart signing.

16 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Why is Scott Parker leaving Fulham to go to Bournemouth? Everything about that move seems odd. Why would they want him? Why would he go? So many questions. 

Rumours that his relationship with the Fulham ownership is fractured, with it being claimed that it got to the point that he was being told which players he had to start and sign.

Could be an eventful night before the EFL fixtures are released... 

An independent Disciplinary Commission has delivered its verdict on sanctions for Derby County relating to ongoing disciplinary proceedings.
In May, an Independent League Arbitration Panel ruled that the Disciplinary Commission was wrong to dismiss the League’s expert accountancy evidence, which demonstrated that the Club’s policy regarding the amortisation of player registrations was contrary to standard accounting rules.*
More specifically, the panel determined that the Club’s policy was not in accordance with accounting standard FRS102 because it failed to accurately reflect the manner in which the Club takes the benefit of player registrations over the lifetime of a player’s contract.*
Tonight, the Disciplinary Commission has announced that the sanction to be imposed in respect of those breaches, is a financial penalty of £100,000 to be paid to the EFL and a reprimand for the Club as to its future conduct regarding the preparation of its Annual Accounts.
In addition, the Club has also been ordered to file restated accounts for financial years ending 30 June 2016, 2017 and 2018 that meet the requirements of FRS102, together with updated Profit & Sustainability calculations if necessary.
Both Derby County and the EFL have the right to appeal that sanction decision.
That being the case, ahead of the publication of the 2021/22 season fixture lists*on 24 June at 9am, the EFL can confirm that it has developed an interchangeable fixture list for Derby County and Wycombe Wanderers, while the disciplinary process is finalised.
The fixture list for both the Championship and League One will be published in full based on the 2020/21 final standings, pending any appeals relating to this decision.

Edited by Fox in the North

Hope I’m not being daft but I can’t really gather what the next step in this whole thing is.

This independent board have recommended a £100k fine and also a reprimand. So the EFL can turn round and say “right you’re fined and -15 points for the 20/21 season”? Or do they need to wait for the new set of accounts and then decide? That will take an age.

Surely Wycombe have grounds to seek compensation regardless of what happens now too? How are they supposed to prepare for a season without knowing what league it will be, and more to the point, what potential revenue they could see in the next 12 months?

If nothing else, this whole saga proves that no matter how good of an idea FFP might be on paper, the EFL are not even close to competent enough to enforce it.

Edited by Hollism

That's shit for Wycombe in a way. Almost giving them hope and having to make late adjustments to preparations for the upcoming season, whilst still not fully knowing where they'll be playing. Granted this wouldn't have been the first they've heard of this possibility but it's still very late in the day to get this done. 

• Like 3

I'd say Derby were in the shit. There's no way the EFL would produce a set of L1 fixtures for them if they didn't think they had a case. 

So Derby have been fined £100k for an element in their accounting about how player amortisation is dealt with. They now have to re-submit three years of accounts with the player amortisation correctly dealt with which will cover the period of the dodgy Pride Park deal that was only there to prevent an FFP breach.

It must be likely that with amortisation dealt with correctly those accounts are going to show an FFP breach and Derby won’t be allowed to change anything other than the issue they have been ordered to change in the re-stated accounts. They could be screwed. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Tuna said:

What an utter shambles this should have been sorted by now. Interchangeable fixture list, really?

And no doubt appeals aplenty once the verdict is reached. Six weeks until the season starts.

Chaos.

West Bromwich Albion have appointed Barnsley boss Valerien Ismael as their new head coach on a four-year contract.

The 45-year-old Frenchman replaces Sam Allardyce, who left The Hawthorns following Albion's relegation from the Premier League.

Former Crystal Palace defender Ismael took over at Barnsley last October with the club 21st in the Championship.

They won 25 of his 44 games in charge to finish fifth before losing to Swansea City in the play-offs.

Albion have agreed an undisclosed compensation package with the Tykes for the former Wolfsburg and LASK manager.

"Valerien has established a reputation as an excellent coach and I have been impressed by his professionalism, enthusiasm and hunger to succeed," said Baggies chief executive officer Xu Ke.

"His performance last season with Barnsley, and his coaching career to date, all point to a man who has a long, successful career in front of him. It is my hope that he is with us for at least the next four years.

"I am confident that by working together we will be able to achieve our goal of returning to the Premier League, but success is earned by building on strong foundations, and our plans must now look further into the future.

"Valérien and I will immediately focus on preparing the squad for the new season, working together with Ian Pearce, our Head of Recruitment, to secure talented transfer targets who will strengthen us for the challenges ahead."

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

Whilst it's fun to laugh at Derby and clearly this isn't the FA or Premier League but I do hope the media drive the narrative that relegation or a points deduction is unfair on fans and players to be punished seeing as they had no part in it all, you know, like they did regarding the greedy 6.

A precident has been set.

I still don't agree with the outcome of Sheff Wed last season given the comparison in 'punishment' (Or not as it turns out) of the greedy six but that points deduction had already happened before the situation of the ESL occurred.

Any future 'punishments' handed out will be very interesting especially given the narrative driven by media, fans and board members of the greedy six.

Likewise as has already been mentioned by others this is equally unfair on Wycombe's preparations.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

Good appointment for Baggies. This guy is good. He totally transformed Barnsley’s style. 
Bad news for Derby - my money says they start in league one next season. Superb  news for Wycombe, if so. Fingers crossed that the good guys win for once.