Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

James Tarkowski

Will be a great signing offers prem experience and will be much needed with big Wes retiring. Our lack of a suitable replacement for Evans was so clear to see, we over played him and once injured his absence was crucial in us slipping out the champions league places 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Really think he'll do ok here.

Palace spend a fortune on wages btw, Dyche would probably easily double his wages by going to Palace, plus get to live close to London if that's his thing. Huge rebuild job though, won't be easy.

Easily?  Including staying-up bonus, he is rumoured to be on about £6.5m per year.  £3,5m basic is, I think, confirmed.  I can't see Palace paying him £15m.

I doubt he will go to Palace because he wouldn't be first choice.  If they went to him and said "you are the man, we want you and you only to manage our club" they would have a good chance of getting him.  But now to go to him and say "you're not the man we really wanted but you'll do, come and manage our club" - might not be enough to persuade him to leave a secure job.

As for Tarkowski, he'll cost a few tens of millions.  With 27.5% or so going to Brentford, it'll need to be a lot to make him worth selling.  Here's a stat for you - I haven't tested it but I've no reason to believe it's wrong - Burnley's games in which Pope, Mee and Tarkowski all played - 25 games, 37 points.  Games in which at least 1 of the 3 was missing - 13 games, 2 points.  That's why they won't want to sell; it might be more profitable to keep him and let him go for free later.

6 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Easily?  Including staying-up bonus, he is rumoured to be on about £6.5m per year.  £3,5m basic is, I think, confirmed.  I can't see Palace paying him £15m.

I doubt he will go to Palace because he wouldn't be first choice.  If they went to him and said "you are the man, we want you and you only to manage our club" they would have a good chance of getting him.  But now to go to him and say "you're not the man we really wanted but you'll do, come and manage our club" - might not be enough to persuade him to leave a secure job.

As for Tarkowski, he'll cost a few tens of millions.  With 27.5% or so going to Brentford, it'll need to be a lot to make him worth selling.  Here's a stat for you - I haven't tested it but I've no reason to believe it's wrong - Burnley's games in which Pope, Mee and Tarkowski all played - 25 games, 37 points.  Games in which at least 1 of the 3 was missing - 13 games, 2 points.  That's why they won't want to sell; it might be more profitable to keep him and let him go for free later.

There's no way dyche is on that much. 

2 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Fair enough mate, you're the expert! I wouldn't have thought you'd be paying him that much (including the bonus), I've seen the 60-70k wage but that bonus is huge is true.

I bet Palace would pay like 100k but God knows about the bonus and other perks, I think Hodgson was on just under that.

ol gravel throat Dychee has come out an said firmly he doesnt want to sell Tarkowski! If we really want this guy we are going to have to pay their asking price whatever it is. This is not a deal just what it is. I agree Evans injury situation is really worrying. One thing the player needs to know is he can't play as much as he has next season. Has to decide between club and country too. Give up on the Ireland role and please focus on Leicester. He's got crocked so many times on international duty which hasn't helped him.

Keep Evans fit, use hi wisely and he'll still be pivotal for us next season.

12 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

ol gravel throat Dychee has come out an said firmly he doesnt want to sell Tarkowski! If we really want this guy we are going to have to pay their asking price whatever it is. This is not a deal just what it is. I agree Evans injury situation is really worrying. One thing the player needs to know is he can't play as much as he has next season. Has to decide between club and country too. Give up on the Ireland role and please focus on Leicester. He's got crocked so many times on international duty which hasn't helped him.

Keep Evans fit, use hi wisely and he'll still be pivotal for us next season.

Wouldn't be paying much more than £15m let alone their asking price.

He can sign a pre contract for free in less than 7 months, it might be a risk to let it go that for but we'd be well positioned as we have been his suitors for a long time. Burnley know he won't be signing for them so it's a staring contest of Burnley wanting to get the best price but overplay their hand and he walks away for nothing in a year.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I’d take him for squad depth and added steel. Fof and Cags are our future - until we sell them, but giving the Europa a proper go will require extra bodies. 

Both players need a firm-hand and a telling off every now and again. A brick shithouse with the turning circle of an OAP’s disability scooter would do the job.

#AnnounceTarkowski

3 hours ago, Sankey93 said:

Tarkowski be a good signing imo. He’s good on the ball. He’s a big lad aswell so will help with our dreadful defending at set pieces. Also injects some English into the team which you need.

Why?

Cunning Dyche is already looking at replacements for Tarkowski, Liverpool's Nat Philips CB and Forest defender Joe Wirral who are both available for under 10m. We should go for these up and coming 24year olds then pay 35m when Dyche is asking for 40m for a 28 year old in his last year of contract. We can wait a year and get him for free!

1 hour ago, dsr-burnley said:

Last year of his contract and no chance of signing another, couple that with the extremely dodgey way your club has been bought out by its new owners, plunging you into debt, I wouldn't be so sure on the price being so high

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Wouldn't be paying much more than £15m let alone their asking price.

He can sign a pre contract for free in less than 7 months, it might be a risk to let it go that for but we'd be well positioned as we have been his suitors for a long time. Burnley know he won't be signing for them so it's a staring contest of Burnley wanting to get the best price but overplay their hand and he walks away for nothing in a year.

Burnley don't have the sole ambition of "wanting to get the best price".  Burnley don't want to sell, and there is a price at which it is in Burnley's best interests to keep him for another year and let him go for free.  What that amount is, is anyone's guess.  But if Leicester's best offer is below Burnley's minimum acceptable sum, then so be it - that suits Burnley.

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

I’d take him for squad depth and added steel. Fof and Cags are our future - until we sell them, but giving the Europa a proper go will require extra bodies. 

This is the problem, they can't be our future if we are just going to sell them a few years down the line. You could argue we'd get more from a Tarkowski on a 4 or 5 year deal, playing here in his prime. If we get that long out of Fofana, it'd only be because he didn't develop as expected. 

Just now, snoopy87 said:

Last year of his contract and no chance of signing another, couple that with the extremely dodgey way your club has been bought out by its new owners, plunging you into debt, I wouldn't be so sure on the price being so high

But why would we sell at a low price?  It's not a matter of "we must sell, we can only get £10m net £7m, so that's what we must sell him for".  It would take tens of millions to get him, that's what I'm saying,.  Not that he will be sold for that amount.  If the new dodgy owners (I'm with you there) decide that the most profitable long-term future is in keeping Tarkowski rather than selling him for less than £20m, then he will stay.

5 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

This is the problem, they can't be our future if we are just going to sell them a few years down the line. You could argue we'd get more from a Tarkowski on a 4 or 5 year deal, playing here in his prime. If we get that long out of Fofana, it'd only be because he didn't develop as expected. 

It is the problem 100%. Unless we stop being the selling club then we are pretty much where we are. Yes we’ve done well with recruitment, but rainbows always come to an end. Big club ambitions but small club mentality do not mix. 

I genuinely scoffed at the idea of Tark’s last year, but now I think he’d be good for us. We need to build on solid foundations and that isn’t players who will just use us for a year or two and then move on. We’ve either got to change our approach or accept what we are. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dsr-burnley said:

But why would we sell at a low price?  It's not a matter of "we must sell, we can only get £10m net £7m, so that's what we must sell him for".  It would take tens of millions to get him, that's what I'm saying,.  Not that he will be sold for that amount.  If the new dodgy owners (I'm with you there) decide that the most profitable long-term future is in keeping Tarkowski rather than selling him for less than £20m, then he will stay.

I hear this, but this is an issue we discuss a plenty on here, specifically how do you keep talent coming in? How to you attract players over other clubs?  

I admit it generally applies to younger talent (Who may then wish to move on when them fancy clubs come knocking), but to a degree, it applies to every club, at every level. If we refuse to sell, lets say Tielemans because we think we are better served by him remaining here, finances be damned, then so be it, but there is (arguably) more concerns, as the next Tielemans may give us a wide bearth as we refused to sell him when an offer came in from a club he did wish to join.

Please don`t think I am making a conclusion on if Tarkowski wishes to join Leicester, I have zero clue, but the conundrum is there for many players/clubs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

Problem is he doesn’t have any experience either.

True - but he will not cost 20M .   20m we can spunk on more needy areas.

5 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Even if you've got a serioulsy unhappy player on your books for 12 months who will walk away for free next season?

15 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Because we are an English team and it’s nice to have some English blood in the team why wouldn’t it ? 

All I'm interested in is whether they can play football at the required level.

It matters not one jot what their ethnicity is.

• Like 1

Just now, mozartfox said:

True - but he will not cost 20M .   20m we can spunk on more needy areas.

I think an extra experienced defender is quite important at the moment. Big We’d has retired now, so only Evans with the experience.  With Fuchs also going we have a very inexperienced back line with Justin, Thomas, Little Wes and Cags. Really think an older, experienced player is required, and someone who is a leader.  None of those mentioned really are at the moment.