Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

James Tarkowski

2 hours ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Surprised he hasn’t been spoke about for England with the shortage of centre backs. He was involved not so long ago. 

I would rather have him in the England team than Coady and Mings.

• Like 2

Would be a sensible transfer. The only pl player to make over 40 blocks, interceptions, clearances and tackles this season. He also was a ball playing defender in his Brentford days so would be a good addition. Burnley need to sell at least 1 or 2 a season due to their owners buying the club with the clubs cash reserves so think it would be good all around, as long as it didn't stop us really investing in the forward areas. 

9 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Cash needed in more pressing areas. Cheaper option is to somehow get Benko fit in mind and body. 

Well if you think it cost 6 million dollars to fix Steve Austin in the 70s, then the cost to get Benko up and running today is going to be astronomical

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Koke said:

I must be one of the few who don't rate this guy. 

+1 although I don't trust any player that's had Dyche coaching them for a number of years!

Maybe we could do with some more good old Row Z style defending in all fairness.

Tarkowski be a good signing imo. He’s good on the ball. He’s a big lad aswell so will help with our dreadful defending at set pieces. Also injects some English into the team which you need.

• Like 1

Can't complain bringing an experienced defender in who will improve our squad depth. Bring Tarks on against Newcastle and Spurs when Evans/Fofana were injured and we don't lose either of those games. 

Really hope spending 15-20 mill on a new CB doesn't mean we have less to spend on new attacking players though 

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Really think he'll do ok here.

Palace spend a fortune on wages btw, Dyche would probably easily double his wages by going to Palace, plus get to live close to London if that's his thing. Huge rebuild job though, won't be easy.

Northampton is his thing. 

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Really think he'll do ok here.

Palace spend a fortune on wages btw, Dyche would probably easily double his wages by going to Palace, plus get to live close to London if that's his thing. Huge rebuild job though, won't be easy.

Pretty sure Crystal Palace are usually pretty close to ourselves in terms of how much they spend on players wages, which is mad

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Pretty sure Crystal Palace are usually pretty close to ourselves in terms of how much they spend on players wages, which is mad

Given the huge number of people who live within a few miles of Selhurst , the wonder is why aren't they a major club? Answer - tradition.

4 hours ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Surprised he hasn’t been spoke about for England with the shortage of centre backs. He was involved not so long ago. 

I truly think his main problem is because he plays for Burnley, it absolutely shouldn't be, but he's good enough to be on that plane.

With Fofana, Evans and Soyuncu, I didn't think we'd need this guy.. but with one of those 3 out, we are very short on quality players to come in. Is he going to want to come in and sit on the bench though? Or is he good enough to displace one of the current starters?

For me, GERRRRIMMMMIINNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

We need someone steady who cleans up on aerial duals; we saw how Big Wes stepped in and helped us close out Chelsea in the final. 

As others have mentioned, our backline isn’t the same without Evans; now that he’s getting older, we need someone to fill that role. Tarkowski would be perfect. 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Would rather a left footed central defender, its still an issue and even more so when we have to endure 3-4-1-2

John Brooks from Wolfsburg, part of a brilliant defence that kept 8 consecutive league clean sheets this season, in the top 10 centre backs in the Bundesliga with a rating of 6.94 on WhoScored

6 foot 4, left footed, 28 years old, speaks English so no language barrier, very capable with the ball at his feet and playing out from the back

Also only 1 year left on his deal so wouldn't cost a massive amount

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Turn your nose up all you like, but I think he's the kind of player we need. With Kasper's apparent vulnerability when the ball is in the air he needs a little more help. As good as Cags and Little Wes are, they are both soft as shite in the air.

Aerial duels won (2020/21)

Tarkowski 74.8%

Evans 71.0%

Fofana 63.1%

Soyuncu 62.6%

Great spot!