Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Joāo Palhinha

Wolves the main club mentioned, but we have been linked with Joāo Palhinha at Sporting who plays as a defensive mid, 6 foot 4 and can also play centre back

Can't imagine we would pay the €30m asking price for someone who probably wouldn't start for us

http://sportwitness.co.uk/wolves-leading-race-midfielder-everton-leicester-sounded-club-e30m-needed/

Wolves ‘leading race’ for midfielder – Everton and Leicester have ‘sounded out’ club, €30m needed

Wolverhampton Wanderers are ‘leading the race’ for Sporting star Joāo Palhinha but face competition from Everton and Leicester City for his signature.

That’s according to Correio da Manha’s weekend edition, who say Sporting have set a €30m asking price on their star man.

Palhinha was one of the key players in Sporting’s success in Liga NOS this season, playing a starring role in the defensive midfield slot.

His performances have earned him admiring glances from abroad, and Wolves, courtesy of their Portuguese links, have been heavily linked over the last two months.

It seems they are not the only suitors, though, with Correio da Manha revealing that Everton and Leicester have also ‘sounded out’ Sporting about a potential move.

They state that Palhinha continues to ‘add suitors’ and the Lions have therefore set an asking price of €30m on his head.

Sporting and coach Ruben Amorim consider Palhinha a key piece of the puzzle for their title defence but are not stupid and have set a price for him should his suitors come calling.

That price, €30m, could increase this summer though if Palhinha were to ‘make his presence felt’ in the European Championships with Portugal.

Of his suitors, Wolves are ‘leading the race’ for the midfielder and have a ‘trump card’ to ‘speed up the transfer’ in the shape of Ruben Vinagre.

Sporting are keen on a deal for the left-back, who has been on loan at Famalicao this season, and the two clubs could work out a deal including him and ‘expedite‘ a move for Palhinha.

Everton and Leicester are also keen, though, and have ‘sounded out’ the Lions about a potential move.

CSKA Moscow have asked about how much Sporting would want and received the same response as the Premier League sides, €30m.

We were also linked with him in January

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

We've had tremendous value from signing Sporting Lisbon players in the past   :ph34r:

2nd post. Dammit, I had 1st on the “oooh a joke about sporting” sweepstake...

13 hours ago, matty98 said:

This would make a lot of sense. He's much more like for like to Ndidi than Mendy is and he won't be going to AFCON. 

just been called up by Nigeria for the AFCON. 

time to move on.

• Haha 1

On 06/06/2021 at 10:52, Dirkster the Fox said:

We've had tremendous value from signing Sporting Lisbon players in the past   :ph34r:

Will probably end up just transferring £30m and not asking for the player based on past experiences.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Off topic here but I have a shop in Paisley. After lockdown this random guy came in and we chatted for ages. Seemed nice. He was asking how the restrictions had affected the shop and stuff then I asked him how he’d been affected by lockdown. He said “oh I write music so it’s been ok”. I was like “oh nice, good on you.” As he left I said “what’s your name by the way?” “Paolo Nutini”.

Fvck my life. 

Had he bought some new shoes? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Off topic here but I have a shop in Paisley. After lockdown this random guy came in and we chatted for ages. Seemed nice. He was asking how the restrictions had affected the shop and stuff then I asked him how he’d been affected by lockdown. He said “oh I write music so it’s been ok”. I was like “oh nice, good on you.” As he left I said “what’s your name by the way?” “Paolo Nutini”.

Fvck my life. 

Can he play in midfield though

• Like 1