Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patson Daka

3 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

The best thing about Daka over Edouard is Daka can play as an inside forward quite well, so he could also double as a RW signing or at least depth on the LW.

and the best thing about signing them both is we still have the option of playing two up front should someone get injured.

I think we need to be pragmatic with Vardy. Brendan needs to take him to one side and say how great it is he's still here and we value him as, for me anyway, probably one of the top 3 players ever at the club. He's helped us to promotion, the league, the FA Cup. 

BUT part of being a team player is knowing when the time comes to take a step back. I certainly feel like this is the season he's dropped off. And for 34, that's not bad. But I want to see us get the best out of him and I don't think that is from starting every game.

These decisions are never easy but I think the onus is on the club to find the next younger striker who can come in, fight for his place and keep Vards on the bench. That's what we should be offering to them. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I think we need to be pragmatic with Vardy. Brendan needs to take him to one side and say how great it is he's still here and we value him as, for me anyway, probably one of the top 3 players ever at the club. He's helped us to promotion, the league, the FA Cup. 

BUT part of being a team player is knowing when the time comes to take a step back. I certainly feel like this is the season he's dropped off. And for 34, that's not bad. But I want to see us get the best out of him and I don't think that is from starting every game.

These decisions are never easy but I think the onus is on the club to find the next younger striker who can come in, fight for his place and keep Vards on the bench. That's what we should be offering to them. 

....he will be playing loads of games, there has not been a drop off of performance....just his finishing!!!

I am not worried!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....he will be playing loads of games, there has not been a drop off of performance....just his finishing!!!

I am not worried!

From what Rodgers said was due to lack of pre season and on going groin injury he was not recovering as well between games and was hardly able to train when we were playing twice a week. As long as his acceleration doesn't decline then it will be a case of Rodgers managing his game time so he can fully recover and actually train between games

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Right now our source is yourself (currently unproven, but I'll happily accept I'm wrong if this comes out) and a tenuous Mirror article. 

Yes, but there is also no serious source for the other teams like Liverpool, Chelsea, West Ham. The only serious sources says (Diamond TV and ExWHU Insider) that he is not moving to Liverpool and West Ham. 

Edited by KingsleyPhiri

39 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Still no confirmed interest from a reputable source

the Zambian equivalent of Romano has confirmed we're interested from a "close source who he can't reveal" !

image.thumb.png.4f7369ca300e72d685d3643be638c9ea.png

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Still no confirmed interest from a reputable source

There's no need to bring reality into this.  Let us have our excitement even if it is ultimately misplaced.

Of all the players that we have been linked with, none of them has lit a fire except for this one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1