Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patson Daka

Would be an unreal signing, but surely he goes to Leipzig or a Champions league team. Not getting my hopes up on this one, maybe just a smokescreen for Édouard, who would likely be a lot cheaper and mean more available funds for RW which we need desperately.

Over here they are quoting the Daily Mirror as saying we are interested.  Hardly a reliable source.  The sensible money is to RB Leipzig for 20m Euros.

I mean, perhaps Celtic are playing hard ball? Given the choice of go for Daka, he’s the most talented player I’ve seen for some time, seems able to finish anything, you could shrink the ball to the size of an ants left bollock and he would still pop it in the top bin….. unreal talent. 

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I mean, perhaps Celtic are playing hard ball? Given the choice of go for Daka, he’s the most talented player I’ve seen for some time, seems able to finish anything, you could shrink the ball to the size of an ants left bollock and he would still pop it in the top bin….. unreal talent. 

Just a word of caution, Perez would look like Ronaldo up against the average Austrian Bundesliga Teams' back line.

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Just a word of caution, Perez would look like Ronaldo up against the average Austrian Bundesliga Teams' back line.

Simply not true, he wasn’t starting regularly for Newcastle in the championship.

6 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Whilst there is an element of this, you can normally gauge whether a player has real talent, and Dana’s ability to finish anything proves this. He’s pissing that league at the moment, and I’m confident given the chance he would step up. With the right management of course. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Whilst there is an element of this, you can normally gauge whether a player has real talent, and Dana’s ability to finish anything proves this. He’s pissing that league at the moment, and I’m confident given the chance he would step up. With the right management of course. 

Dana was excellent for Ireland in the Eurovision song contest, not sure what her finishing is like though

• Haha 4

Scores right foot, left foot, headers, chips, one-on-ones and thunderc*nts. An all round striker that can do it all.

Skill level of the Austrian league is questionable; usually players go from there to Germany and take a season or two to adapt before showing their skills in the Bundesliga. But there are precedents of players that have done very well quite quickly, Sadio Mane when he went to Southampton and Erling Haaland who is a generational talent at Dortmund.

It's not that unbelievable we'd sign such a player as he's quite similar to Edouard in that he's too good for the league he's in, but no one knows for sure yet if he will be able to make the step-up to a different league. I can see why Liverpool, Chelsea might want him, but he'd be an option player instead of first team whereas here he'd at very least be the starting striker for European games.

The big positive though is that he's used to high pressing football. He averages something like 2 tackles a game for a striker, which is very unusual. If you take into account his work rate, pressing, pace and finishing, well any scouting report that Leicester have would almost certainly identify him as a player that correlates extremely closely to a certain Jamie Vardy, for whom we need a successor.

I assume he will go to Leipizig to follow his old coach Jesse Marsch who took over from Naglesmann and was the former Salzburg coach. But I could definitely see us getting him because on paper, he is the obvious candidate to replace JV.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I doubt very much the RB brand has suffered due to Covid-19 meaning If Leipzig want him and Salzburg want 20m, it will be done.  

If we get this lad does this mean no winger? (i know hes a striker and not a winger btw) 

I just find it hard to believe tbh. Not saying i wouldn't take him but i reckoned we wanted only one striker tbh and not 2, what would happen with edouard then

4 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

He's above our level now.  Gotta be agent talk.

Haaland, Mbappe, Kane, Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Lukaku, Benzema, Sancho, Greizman etc are out of our league. 

Daka is in that next bracket with the likes of Iheanacho, Isak, Vlahovic, Kvarhatskhelia, Gouiri, Koita, Eduardo etc 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, NasPb said:

If we get this lad does this mean no winger? (i know hes a striker and not a winger btw) 

I just find it hard to believe tbh. Not saying i wouldn't take him but i reckoned we wanted only one striker tbh and not 2, what would happen with edouard then

Don't worry, the other threads have gone quiet , it gives us something to talk about.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Scores right foot, left foot, headers, chips, one-on-ones and thunderc*nts. An all round striker that can do it all.

Skill level of the Austrian league is questionable; usually players go from there to Germany and take a season or two to adapt before showing their skills in the Bundesliga. But there are precedents of players that have done very well quite quickly, Sadio Mane when he went to Southampton and Erling Haaland who is a generational talent at Dortmund.

It's not that unbelievable we'd sign such a player as he's quite similar to Edouard in that he's too good for the league he's in, but no one knows for sure yet if he will be able to make the step-up to a different league. I can see why Liverpool, Chelsea might want him, but he'd be an option player instead of first team whereas here he'd at very least be the starting striker for European games.

The big positive though is that he's used to high pressing football. He averages something like 2 tackles a game for a striker, which is very unusual. If you take into account his work rate, pressing, pace and finishing, well any scouting report that Leicester have would almost certainly identify him as a player that correlates extremely closely to a certain Jamie Vardy, for whom we need a successor.

I assume he will go to Leipizig to follow his old coach Jesse Marsch who took over from Naglesmann and was the former Salzburg coach. But I could definitely see us getting him because on paper, he is the obvious candidate to replace JV.

That is one staggeringly impressive highlights reel! 

Dare we dream?

42 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

That is one staggeringly impressive highlights reel! 

Dare we dream?

Dreaming is for me a bit OTT. He looks a good player and probably is, but he’s in no way the finished article. I’d put him at the Iheanacho when we signed him / Ollie Watkins last season level. Definitely a good player, but how good no one knows yet. And for that reason I think it’s extremely believable that we’d be linked with him because we are a perfect club for a player like him. If he came here and did the business then you know he will make it. Mahrez, Kante, Maguire and Chilwell have all played in major European finals since leaving us. 

I think he’d be a great signing but not a shoe-in. Of all the players we were linked with only Robin Gosens was for me the one I could almost guarantee would be a success. I think Daka would be good, but peak Vardy is a 20 goal a season striker and those are extremely hard to find. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3