Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

England v Croatia match thread

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Just realised it was half time ...   doesn’t time fly when you’re reading the Sunday papers ....   trouble is, wtf will I read in the second half ... :mellow: 

Get your wife's 50 shades of sterling book out.

• Haha 1

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

I actually thought the performance is good… not allowed croatia to play and certainly started on the front foot. But then with the heat and it being the opening game I don’t know what people expect 

Football isn’t for everyone 

• Like 2

Just now, CloudFox said:

Genuinely forgot Kane was playing for that half 😅

Standard tournament Kane, not playing the minnows here to up his goal tally. We snooker ourselves in every tournament playing a worn out striker, it was Rooney for years and now it’s Kane for however long.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Sterling makes that run about 5-6 times a game at least… so why does he never know what to do with it once he gets to a point to do something with it 😠

Because he's shit, but apparently I'm wrong saying that.

Edited by Facecloth

Use of bench will obviously be critical.

Can't afford to allow Croatia's midfield to dominate as they'll pass us to death if allowed. We shouldn't be afraid to keep a high line as there isn't a pacy threat in behind.

I'd probably get Bellingham on for Phillips at 55/60 mins to maintain the energy, and even switch up the full backs before changing the front 3.

Edited by martyn

Just now, David Hankey said:

Why has Southgate included Walker? Are we really that desperate?

I wouldn't have said so mate. Behind Trippier, Trent and James for me but here we are. Should have been dropped for his off-field antics as much as anything else.

2 minutes ago, martyn said:

Use of bench will obviously be critical.

Can't afford to allow Croatia's midfield to dominate as they'll pass us to death if allowed. We shouldn't be afraid to keep a high line as there isn't a pacy threat in behind.

I'd probably get Bellingham on for Phillips at 55/60 mins to maintain the energy, and even switch up the full backs before changing the front 3.

Bellingham, Grealish and then either Rashford or DCL to be brought on. 

Kane is so over rated imo i know he scores some beauties but what else does he do and does he ever actually score when it matters i struggle to think of times he's scored crucial goals for england or spurs I know he got the golden boot last time but when your designated pens and win it with pens it doesn't mean a lot.