Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PNM

Ryan Christie

Damn the media are stupid and lazy. Rodgers Tax? This guy. Anyone else? Celtic have to get their shit together or their supporters are going to lose their minds if Rangers kick their ass again.

59 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

I don't think mine got the credit, it deserved. 

Could be an age thing though😄

Yours was too subtle. Back on topic, I say we put in a cheeky big when he goes to auction.

I see our transfer ploy this summer is to pretend Lee and Brendan are only interested in ex Celtic talent… all the while we finalise deals for the latest up and coming European talent whilst our rivals think we’re slipping ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Agree with Muzzy Larsson - Christie is dreadful. Has been at the club a good while and was loaned out to Aberdeen who wanted to keep him. We had a lot of injuries in midfield and Christie took his chance and played really well and had a few good seasons, scoring some peaches.  But the last few seasons he has been dreadful, above all he was quite possibly Celtic's worst player last season, and in the kind season we had in 20/21 that takes some beating.  Gives away possession far too easily, balloons the ball over the bar or a mile wide.  He isn't one I will lose any sleep over.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Deebhoy said:

Agree with Muzzy Larsson - Christie is dreadful. Has been at the club a good while and was loaned out to Aberdeen who wanted to keep him. We had a lot of injuries in midfield and Christie took his chance and played really well and had a few good seasons, scoring some peaches.  But the last few seasons he has been dreadful, above all he was quite possibly Celtic's worst player last season, and in the kind season we had in 20/21 that takes some beating.  Gives away possession far too easily, balloons the ball over the bar or a mile wide.  He isn't one I will lose any sleep over.  

Sounds like you're describing Perez in that last couple of sentences.

Edited by weller54
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

As I’ve said in other threads my general rule of thumb applies here - if he’s played in Scotland, or even worse is a Scottish National, then it’s a no from me.

You really don't need to repeat utterly moronic statements. Once is plenty. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

You really don't need to repeat utterly moronic statements. Once is plenty. 

Granted you get the odd gem like Van Dijk. But ask yourself whether you would be hesitant when signing a player from the Latvian League or whatever - players from substandard leagues are likely to be substandard. 

14 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Granted you get the odd gem like Van Dijk. But ask yourself whether you would be hesitant when signing a player from the Latvian League or whatever - players from substandard leagues are likely to be substandard. 

Can't work out if your trolling but Jamie Vardy signed from the confrence and Mahrez from the French 2nd teir and they are 2 of the greatest players in our history. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

That's not even remotely close to being a fair comparrison. There is a far greater track record of players to have played in Scotland than the Latvian league....

Applying your rule of not signing players to have ever played in Scotland...

Well, we wouldn't have Maddison or Kasper for a start. (Maybe only loans but still fit your bonkers criteria)

You wouldn't want current (potentially) quality players like VVD, Mcginn, Gilmour, Moussa Dembele, Robertson, Tierney...

You would also have been against signing past players like, Stefan Klos, Larsson, Van Brockhurst, Arteta, Tugay, both De Boers, Moravcik, Di Canio, Gattuso, Petrov, Albertz, Brian Laudrup, Gascoigne, Reyna, Numan, Nakamura, cadette, Viduka.....  to name a few.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

That's not even remotely close to being a fair comparrison. There is a far greater track record of players to have played in Scotland than the Latvian league....

Applying your rule of not signing players to have ever played in Scotland...

Well, we wouldn't have Maddison or Kasper for a start. (Maybe only loans but still fit your bonkers criteria)

You wouldn't want current (potentially) quality players like VVD, Mcginn, Gilmour, Moussa Dembele, Robertson, Tierney...

You would also have been against signing past players like, Stefan Klos, Larsson, Van Brockhurst, Arteta, Tugay, both De Boers, Moravcik, Di Canio, Gattuso, Petrov, Albertz, Brian Laudrup, Gascoigne, Reyna, Numan, Nakamura, cadette, Viduka.....  to name a few.

You forgot to mention Jim Melrose.....  Bobby Roberts, John Sjoberg, Dave Gibson, Jackie Sinclair, Jimmy Goodfellow, Alan Young , Frank McLintock and many more

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

You forgot to mention Jim Melrose.....  Bobby Roberts, John Sjoberg, Dave Gibson, Jackie Sinclair, Jimmy Goodfellow, Alan Young , Frank McLintock and many more

I only included players that I've say play live.... which isn't going back too far as I'm only 35.