Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

England v Germany Tues 29/06/21 17:00 Wembley

6 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Why would I? 

I've watched every game I've been able to when I'm not working, because I like football.

I'm not changing personal plans for any of it though.

Mate I hate Southgate too but come on it’s the quarter finals of the Euros. You’ve gotta watch it 

Edited by Unabomber

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Enlighten me? 

Where was the aggression? The quick passing? Getting at Germany’s weaknesses which were their defence?

For 80 off minutes it was slow and ponderous football, Germany were really there for the taking tonight, and we just approached the game overly cautious with no really aggression. 

It wasn’t really until Grealish came on that we started to get up the pitch quicker. It was all just too slow and painfully predictable.

We beat a poor team on their arses today, if we play like that against a team willing to scrap and get into us, we won’t cope. 

It’s fantastic to go through, but I don’t think it was a good performance at all. 

I don't agree at all.

I think England set up to not concede and nick a couple of goals. As they have done in the other games. And it's working. It's not the Leicester style of football but there's plenty of successful teams that play that way. 

I've not seen anything from any other 'top team' that suggests they're unbeatable using that style.

An England team that doesn't hate each other and can stick to a game plan. Love it. 

• Like 2

Just now, Unabomber said:

Mate I hate Southgate too but come on it’s the quarter finals of the Euros. You’ve gotta watch it 

No, I'm honestly not.

Booked a weekend away for my Mrs as it was her 40th a few weeks ago. 

Night out, nice meal, couldn't care about the football.

10 years ago, wouldn't dream about saying that. Or if it was a Leicester game, I'd have cancelled lol

No enthusiasm for England anymore, and it's sad that it's come to that.

8 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

No, I'm honestly not.

10 years ago, wouldn't dream about saying that. Or if it was a Leicester game, I'd have cancelled lol

She must be smoking man fair play 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, sheffield_fox said:

I don't agree at all.

I think England set up to not concede and nick a couple of goals. As they have done in the other games. And it's working. It's not the Leicester style of football but there's plenty of successful teams that play that way. 

I've not seen anything from any other 'top team' that suggests they're unbeatable using that style.

An England team that doesn't hate each other and can stick to a game plan. Love it. 

We were pretty close to conceding a penalty very early on. If Germany had any pace we would have. Pickford did a good job for us too with a couple of very decent saves. We got away with it. A genuinely pacy forward will do us. But that said, there don't seem to be many left in this tournament.

10 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

No, I'm honestly not.

thats what i was feelin like to be fair but after tonight ive completely changed my mind about him and i celebrated he goals like leicester scoring tbh.

We should get behind the boring ****er its coming ome

13 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

No, I'm honestly not.

I have an evening out with the wife booked for the evening of the semi final, if England were to win on Saturday.

It was to be our first night out in a while, a meal followed by cinema.  Not much, but big for us, as she has a birthday.

Despite my protestations that England might lose on Saturday, she's already talking about elbowing the cinema visit, so I can watch the game.

She really is Jim Leighton.  Scottish and a keeper.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Got a stunning shirt for the next round. 1994 original with old Linekar on the back…..

I hope they haven't spelt it like that on the shirt

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, sheffield_fox said:

I don't agree at all.

But aren’t you worried about potentially coming up against a side that will take the game by the balls, and end up a couple of goals up? 

The cautious approach is all well and good, but normally if it’s your best option. For England it isn’t, there’s no reason with the talent in this squad that we can’t attack? 

There is so much pace in the squad, a capable forward thinking players, and the defence isn’t bad, with just Rice sat in front of Maguire and Shaw I don’t think they’re susceptible to a counter. 

This is the best chance England have had of winning a competition, and I genuinely believe that we can be more aggressive, progressive and not compromise our defensive structure. 

I get Gareth wants to be cautious, but sometimes the braver prosper. And we certainly have the minerals to go with a bit more gusto. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trabuch said:

I think Southgate is a very lucky manager. And I'm not knocking that. 

How many times do we have to pull it off before it’s luck or just clever? 

World Cup Semi 

Nations League 3rd 

Euro Quarter 

In the history of England, that’s factually up there.