Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Marco Asensio Real right Winger

4 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

This would be a great loan move, with option to buy tbh. I’d be real happy with this. In reality, this would be a very high profile move, he has  something to prove, and dare I say it, might even bring the best out of Perez.

Positives :

No transfer fee (Loan)

International  

Good age  

Predominantly a RHS left footer   

Hungry with something to prove  

Increases profile of club  

Might help Perez assimilate  

Negatives :

Potentially high wages

Has had a bad injury

I like the player, and think he possibly fits the "broken" mould that Rodgers likes to get his magical hands on. Would need to have an option for me though, don't want to be getting a great year out of him then Real Madrid benefitting. It still hurts everytime I see N'Golo Kanté play for Chelsea.

On a different note, if Perez is hosting/attending (depend on who you believe) parties (against his manager's wishes) and some of his team mates are with him, that would suggest he is assimilated enough.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

It's very rare we sign players from objectively bigger or better sides than us - this is the sort of move Everton or West Ham usually make. There are exceptions - Digne from Barcelona, and for us you've probably got Evans, Cambiasso the standouts who have played for big clubs in their careers. But generally we do better when we are signing players on an upward trajectory.

You could say that Youri Tielemans was at a bigger club on a downward spiral when we picked him up. 

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

This.

Up to about 2 years ago I'd have never imagined we'd have got this kind of signing.

He's taken a downward turn due to injuries (like Pereira has for us?) but if we were to sign Asensio on some kind of loan deal then it may work out? Would be a win-win for both clubs.

We get an experienced player who is clearly very decent and get him firing again.

Real Madrid get a player back who has regained confidence and they get their value back up on him too.

A half-decent Asensio is much better than Perez...

I mean, it takes a bit of time to regain confidence after that sort of injury. Would love to have him on loan next season, he would be a great project, I bet he'd be firing by xmas, plus he'd be looking to showcase what he has to potential buyers. Win-win IMO, setting aside foreign player rules anyway.

1 hour ago, Incognito said:

Without a club after leaving CF Montréal in December.

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

Was released by an MLS club last year. Unemployed since then I think. 

This link seems similar, it’s a no from

me.

7 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

This would be a great loan move, with option to buy tbh. I’d be real happy with this. In reality, this would be a very high profile move, he has  something to prove, and dare I say it, might even bring the best out of Perez.

Positives :

No transfer fee (Loan)

International  

Good age  

Predominantly a RHS left footer   

Hungry with something to prove  

Increases profile of club  

Might help Perez assimilate  

Negatives :

Potentially high wages

Has had a bad injury

Imo opinion could be a gamble ,but the positives are far greater than the negatives, I agree loan move,then see what happens. 

On 01/08/2021 at 17:42, Incognito said:

I like the player, and think he possibly fits the "broken" mould that Rodgers likes to get his magical hands on. Would need to have an option for me though, don't want to be getting a great year out of him then Real Madrid benefitting. It still hurts everytime I see N'Golo Kanté play for Chelsea.

On a different note, if Perez is hosting/attending (depend on who you believe) parties (against his manager's wishes) and some of his team mates are with him, that would suggest he is assimilated enough.

He could start using his healing hands on Perez then. I mean the guy is clearly broken. I’d even send him a tube of super glue if that would help, although I hear Brendan prefers blue tac.