Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Wouldn't that be great but the Flask Mob will need to be pursuaded to relocate. Could be tricky. 

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Put them in the family stand, rename in the flask stand. Job done 

52 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Loads of the East Stand Flask Mob too will need relocating and I can’t imagine they’ll all want to go upstairs or corporate.

You can’t put all of the flask people on the same spot. It will suck the life out of that area and just create one big ………. nope, can’t bring myself to say the punchline. 😞😞

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just realised the red line represents the current stand.

This thing is gonna be ****ng gargantuan

Also the red line at the back is the disused building at the back of the East Stand, gives you a sense of how far the whole thing drops back

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TWUKO said:

Enjoying looking at all these documents, very detailed. 5 floors in total, a large corporate area although didn't notice any executive boxes?

Doing a very rough seat count I'd say its around an extra 8200, not sure if it says it anywhere in the document though.

Very impressive but looks like it doesn't leave much scope for adding a smaller tier in the North and south stands.

From the Merc's article

The lower tier, which is formed by the existing East Stand, will be reconfigured to include new hospitality seating.

The proposals show there will be 7,222 general admission seats, 800 premium general admission seats, 1,390 hospitality seats, and 206 loge seats, which are luxury, private, box-style seats.

The new East Stand will have five levels within it, starting on the ground level, where general admission spectators will make their way through the turnstiles, and that will house a new fan bar.

Level 1 will have a lounge for premium general admission ticket holders, while level 2 will have a kitchen. On level 3, there will be lounges for hospitality ticket holders, with views over the pitch and over the fanzone outside the stadium. There will also be a sensory room for children with sensory-processing issues and their families.

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

From the Merc's article

8300 in the top tier as well

Total capacity will be over 15,000

That’s up there with some of the biggest in the country. The new stand at Anfield has a 20k capacity for comparison.

The Carling Stand held 9,500 for a closer to home comparison!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ajthefox said:

I'm so glad we're doing this but I can't help but think this is going to look like a very strange bolt on.

In isolation I like the new stand, but I think it's going to be really jarring until we do more of the rest of the stadium.

Either way, as someone who grew up making models of football stadiums, who walked round the KP when it was going up and who then went on to become an architect it is really interesting for me. I am incredibly jealous of everyone who is working on this. 

Top, if you're reading, please bin KSS off and let me re-do it for you. I'm dead good I promise. Cheers, Andrew. 

Isn't it the case that all grounds (apart from the purpose built bowls) have mismatch stands of different heights and sizes? That's what provides the uniqueness we crave. This development will provide something different that fans will be able to identify without seeing a badge. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ajthefox said:

I'm so glad we're doing this but I can't help but think this is going to look like a very strange bolt on.

In isolation I like the new stand, but I think it's going to be really jarring until we do more of the rest of the stadium.

Either way, as someone who grew up making models of football stadiums, who walked round the KP when it was going up and who then went on to become an architect it is really interesting for me. I am incredibly jealous of everyone who is working on this. 

Top, if you're reading, please bin KSS off and let me re-do it for you. I'm dead good I promise. Cheers, Andrew. 

It is going to look a lot, lot better than what we have at the moment, along with  upgraded facilities for those who want them (and a prepared to pay a premium)

It could have been a lot worse:

Cardiff City FC on Twitter: "Cardiff City Stadium pitch to be returfed in  time for #CardiffCity vs @OfficialRUFC >> https://t.co/nUOv8vNXP0  https://t.co/GmGmJLdktg"

The fact that are also expanding the concourses at each end and wrapping the cladding all the way around will go a long way to improving the overall appearance from the somewhat soulless concrete bowl we have at the moment

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Collymore said:

Would love to see the old Carling stand super imposed over it too for another scale perspective. 

Couldn’t find info on the old Carling Stand but did find this nice link on the construction of it. It has a good time lapse of the stands build. Hope we’ll get a webcam for the development :fc:

https://pceltd.co.uk/portfolio-items/1993-new-main-stand-for-leicester-city-fc/

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Isn't it the case that all grounds (apart from the purpose built bowls) have mismatch stands of different heights and sizes? That's what provides the uniqueness we crave. This development will provide something different that fans will be able to identify without seeing a badge. 

Don't get your hopes up. The history merchants will continue to bore us all to tears telling us how shit it is at every opportunity and rimming Goodison Park.

26 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

It is going to look a lot, lot better than what we have at the moment, along with  upgraded facilities for those who want them (and a prepared to pay a premium)

It could have been a lot worse:

Cardiff City FC on Twitter: "Cardiff City Stadium pitch to be returfed in  time for #CardiffCity vs @OfficialRUFC >> https://t.co/nUOv8vNXP0  https://t.co/GmGmJLdktg"

The fact that are also expanding the concourses at each end and wrapping the cladding all the way around will go a long way to improving the overall appearance from the somewhat soulless concrete bowl we have at the moment

I think that Cardiff stand looks worse as its red and therefore doesn't belong (perhaps it's a Wales thing?). However, it does give it a unique feel rather than the dull standard bowl even if it is a bit misplaced (although it does fulfil its primary purpose of letting more fans in to watch live football). 

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I think that Cardiff stand looks worse as its red and therefore doesn't belong (perhaps it's a Wales thing?). However, it does give it a unique feel rather than the dull standard bowl even if it is a bit misplaced (although it does fulfil its primary purpose of letting more fans in to watch live football). 

I think the red seats were added at a time when Vincent Tan ran the club (maybe he still does) but he changed their shirts to red and thus, the new stand got red seats

• Like 2

Feels like it's one of those designs you can only really judge in person. Overall though another amazing investment by our owners.

Has there been any info yet on reduced capacity while it's being built; how long for and by how much? Can't imagine it's something they can knock up during the close season!

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Interesting to see how how the stands are going to change in plot size 

566B397A-15E8-41E8-9BB2-D683533B1ED1.thumb.jpeg.e228b44d1c7160e6bbd602589ad3c554.jpeg

Not a lot of pavement room at the North Stand end and it's not exactly spacious at the South Stand end. Fans leaving and heading along the canal to Upperton Rd are going to be squeezed.

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

Not a lot of pavement room at the North Stand end and it's not exactly spacious at the South Stand end. Fans leaving and heading along the canal to Upperton Rd are going to be squeezed.

yes it is a bit of a squeeze now when we walk out past the North Stand in the corner where the away fans come out. The road is closed of course but all the away coaches park up there. 

Having said that, crowd flow dynamics are well understood by these designers so I'm sure they have it figured out!

• Like 1