Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

21 hours ago, Collymore said:

Yeah the one where he was sacked for a few hours and then it was vetoed by Top/Vichai (can't remember which way around it was!)

I heard from someone who works at the KP that he was never sacked. Apparently a reporter overheard a rant from one of the owners saying that he’ll have to go, jumped the gun and ran with the story, however they calmed down and the sacking never happed resulting in the confusing situation where sky were reporting Pearson had been sacked.

On 12/11/2021 at 09:44, ealingfox said:

Seems to be a feisty game between us and Watford - both teams down to 9 men. Schmeichel must have been one of ours sent because it looks as if Ward is in goal. Must be the second half as we're attacking the Kop.

Ref looks like his whistles in his mouth and the Watford players are protesting so looks like we're getting a penalty!

If we are attacking it must be because Watford are already 2-0 up!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Also worth pointing out we are only seeking “full” planning permission at this stage for the East Stand extension 

The application for the other stuff is just for “outline” permission - which means more detailed plans will have to be approved later down the line 

At least, I think that’s right? 

It is a hybrid application but worth remembering the East Stand development would be in doubt if outline permission is denied for the other buildings. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

The Cricket club have now raised concerns about shadowing caused by the two tower blocks and have requested more infirmation/study particularly between the months of April to Sept. 

If the original concern was for the raw dyke monument which is in the opposite direction to the cricket ground from where the new buildings will be, will these buildings really cause shadowing on their ground

3 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

Also worth pointing out we are only seeking “full” planning permission at this stage for the East Stand extension 

The application for the other stuff is just for “outline” permission - which means more detailed plans will have to be approved later down the line 

At least, I think that’s right? 

Maybe because of the EON building and the thinking on how they can use it? 

4 hours ago, Spudulike said:

The Cricket club have now raised concerns about shadowing caused by the two tower blocks and have requested more infirmation/study particularly between the months of April to Sept. 

52 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The same cricket club who sold land to build high rise flats right on the edge of their pitch? lol

Given the time of year that cricket is played, i'd be astonished if there was any shadow from those buildings that far away

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Yet the sold of land and let flats be built surrounding them

• Haha 1

I played for Electricity Sports CC for a few years, they get shadows and glare from the existing blocks as it is, the new residential flats will be no issue, I'd bet they're just after a nice cash sum, greedy fvckers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, los dedos said:

Bung the cricket club a few quid . Sort the pitch out for them.  I'm sure they'll change there mind .:cool:

5 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

top notch sleaze and corruption

Well it works for some premier league refs and most of fifa etc so why not bing a few at the cricket club ? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned in any of the docs but does anyone know the break down of where the extra seats will be allocated to? New season tickets? Corporate? General sale? 

I can't find it, but I am pretty sure that Whelan said at one of the fan consultations that the aim was for the tickets to be general sale -- I only remember because of the series of complaints about "day trippers." But a lot of seats do seem like they will be "premium", so there's that.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Collymore said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned in any of the docs but does anyone know the break down of where the extra seats will be allocated to? New season tickets? Corporate? General sale? 

Upper Tier is all normal seating , Lower Tier is going to be reconfigured into a mix of normal, premium and corporate 

• Thanks 1