Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Looks like the away end will go less into the east stand and more into the family stand as it is currently.

Hope not. Should never put away fans in an end. They are currently in the best place where they can't be seen on the tele. Like Leeds did yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Hope not. Should never put away fans in an end. They are currently in the best place where they can't be seen on the tele. Like Leeds did yesterday. 

Just now, SystonFox said:

Post of the year award. Speaks so much sense

They won't have an end they'll just be further around into the north stand than they are now. More than likely the old N Block or P Block as its known now. 

For context and I hope this makes sense. 

The away end currently has the L out of the LEICESTER CITY(seats wise) L Block starts with the letter E. 

Looks like the stair segregation has been moved to the start of the L instead of it being between the L and E currently.

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

They won't have an end they'll just be further around into the north stand than they are now. More than likely the old N Block or P Block as its known now. 

For context and I hope this makes sense. 

The away end currently has the L out of the LEICESTER CITY(seats wise) L Block starts with the letter E. 

Looks like the stair segregation has been moved to the start of the L instead of it being between the L and E currently.

Hopefully this makes sense. Just look where the stair segregation is currently and the newly proposed look.

Screenshot_20211108-193033_Drive_compress77.jpg

LCFC-Pitchside_compress64.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Mercury link but it has some interesting bits in it. The mock up photo from the cricket ground gives some perspective of the size compared with existing. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-king-power-stadium-6178706?s=09

It's probably similar to Tigers but on a larger scale. The small stand that was knocked down to build the Cat (now Holland and Barrett) stand. Some difference and it can be seen from far away.

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Mercury link but it has some interesting bits in it. The mock up photo from the cricket ground gives some perspective of the size compared with existing. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-king-power-stadium-6178706?s=09

Good to see the mercury getting the names of the stands mixed up!! They don't have a clue.

2 minutes ago, 09bballer said:

Good to see the mercury getting the names of the stands mixed up!! They don't have a clue.

Always going to be mixed up when referenced by points on a compass. Noticed that Leeds have a Revie Stand and Norman Hunter Stand. This is a good opportunity to get our stands named after our legends although we already have a Lineker Stand but for some reason it gets ignored. We have plenty of suitable candidates for the Kop (which it really isn't). 

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Always going to be mixed up when referenced by points on a compass. Noticed that Leeds have a Revie Stand and Norman Hunter Stand. This is a good opportunity to get our stands named after our legends although we already have a Lineker Stand but for some reason it gets ignored. We have plenty of suitable candidates for the Kop (which it really isn't). 

Maybe after today's announcement it can be. Bang rail seats in the Kop at the same time and give us a whole standing end back.

• Like 3

I'm so glad we're doing this but I can't help but think this is going to look like a very strange bolt on.

In isolation I like the new stand, but I think it's going to be really jarring until we do more of the rest of the stadium.

Either way, as someone who grew up making models of football stadiums, who walked round the KP when it was going up and who then went on to become an architect it is really interesting for me. I am incredibly jealous of everyone who is working on this. 

Top, if you're reading, please bin KSS off and let me re-do it for you. I'm dead good I promise. Cheers, Andrew. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Wouldn't that be great but the Flask Mob will need to be pursuaded to relocate. Could be tricky. 

Loads of the East Stand Flask Mob too will need relocating and I can’t imagine they’ll all want to go upstairs or corporate.