Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Is it time...

Rodgers out?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers out?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Rodgers 33 points from 25 games, Puel 29 points from 25 games but bare in mind we lost 5 of our last 6 before he was sacked.

Choudhury- Mendy- Ndidi in a midfield three at home was Puel's greatest moment :riyad:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Winning the French league with PSG, as your first league title as a manager is like losing your virginity in a brothel. 
Technically it counts, but we all know what you did there…

Would still rather have that than no league title. Also, there have been as many French champions in the last four years as there have been English champions. He is not winning one at Man United, I am almost certain of it. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Didn't Rodgers do something at home to Brighton during lockdown? I remember it being beyond bad.

Mendy and Ndidi with no Tielemans wasn't it?

Something about the South Coast heavyweights in 16th place that make our managers lose the plot.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think Rodgers would suffer the same fate if that happened. 

I honestly don't think he would, but it would get very unpleasant for him. The club with loathe to get rid of him unless our PL status is threatened.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Rodgers 33 points from 25 games, Puel 29 points from 25 games but bare in mind we lost 5 of our last 6 before he was sacked.

Really difference why one will be given more time then the other: 

Puel in his other 31 gamea took 41 pts at 1.32 pts per game

Rodgers in his other 73 games has taken at 1.73 pts per game

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Really difference why one will be given more time then the other: 

Puel in his other 31 gamea took 41 pts at 1.32 pts per game

Rodgers in his other 73 games has taken at 1.73 pts per game

Yes and it should buy him a bit more time as it shows what he and we are or at least were capable of but this is now a very lengthy slump across the equivalent of 2/3rds of a season. In some ways, his ability to enable us to recover from the 2019/20 capitulation for a good chunk of 2020/21 shows that he did have the capabilities to turn around a bit of a crisis but I wonder the longer this goes on, that that becomes impossible.

• Like 1

It's hard for the fans to get behind posession football where we make mistakes and lose the game.  There is no excitement, few goal chances, and weakness defending set pieces.... week after week after week.

Playing with verve must be great for the players and excites fans.

I am fed up with Rodgers team setup and lack of goal chances.

• Like 2

On 21/11/2021 at 03:13, Aus Fox said:

We can’t keep sacking managers every time we are out of form. We’ve had two and a half great seasons under Rodgers, we’ve qualified for Europe in back to back season for the first time in our history, we’ve won the FA Cup for the first time  in our history and we’ve finished in the top 6 twice - despite not even being close to one of the top 6 biggest spenders.

Somethings not quite clicking at the moment, but he has points in the bank that say he should be given the opportunity to turn this around. 
We are still alive and kicking in three competitions and good players will always get their form back. 
This week we have a couple of huge games coming up, back the lads and the gaffer. 
For me, we give him until the end of the season and then make a judgment from there.

We don't, Rodgers has had 3 long runs of bad form and he wasnt sacked in any of them.

Or are you trying to imply in those 2 and half seasons we had no bad form?

• Haha 1

I'm not comfortable with Rodgers nor am I keen on the constant changing of managers. I  wasn't keen on him coming here...but he's given us the illusive FA cup 2 of our best 3 league positions, and a sh!t show since losing Fofana and JJ to injury not to mention the not so short losses of Pereira, Evans and  Castagne . Perhaps the best time for this poll is when we get our injured treasures back.

Edited by norwichfox
  • Like 1

On 23/11/2021 at 20:41, foxinsocks said:

It's hard for the fans to get behind posession football where we make mistakes and lose the game.  There is no excitement, few goal chances, and weakness defending set pieces.... week after week after week.

Playing with verve must be great for the players and excites fans.

I am fed up with Rodgers team setup and lack of goal chances.

Lack of goals? Can we all rejoice today?

On 23/11/2021 at 19:16, Corky said:

Choudhury- Mendy- Ndidi in a midfield three at home was Puel's greatest moment :riyad:

Did that actually happen?! 

I don't know if I blocked that out because of the trauma or I just didn't see it...

5 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Did that actually happen?! 

I don't know if I blocked that out because of the trauma or I just didn't see it...

If I remember correctly we actually won against chelsea with that midfield? 

On 24/11/2021 at 19:09, norwichfox said:

I'm not comfortable with Rodgers nor am I keen on the constant changing of managers. I  wasn't keen on him coming here...but he's given us the illusive FA cup 2 of our best 3 league positions, and a sh!t show since losing Fofana and JJ to injury not to mention the not so short losses of Pereira, Evans and  Castagne . Perhaps the best time for this poll is when we get our injured treasures back.

And  Maddison, whos proving his injury &  return to form over this year, where his skills were also difficult to replace..

Edited by fuchsntf

Are the Rodgers out brigade factoring in the fact that we’ve been without key players for long stretches, players have been off form, congested fixture lists, all while trying to transition to being European regulars - and winning the FA Cup. We have a good squad, but anyone would struggle and limp for a bit with the caliber of player we have had missing.

I admit all isn’t rosy at the moment. We inexplicably start very slowly, can’t defend corners (though this seems to be an issue with a lot of teams at the mo), we look flat a lot of the times - but there’s a lot to be positive about. Key players coming back to form, others coming back in the new year and still competing in all competitions. With a positive run in the new year I think we can get European football again next season. 

I get the problems and that the form now over a longer period is concerning, but I think Rodgers has earnt the right to be cut some slack. 

• Like 1