Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Is it time...

Rodgers out?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers out?

• Yes
    • No

6 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Take it with a pinch of salt but someone I know who is in the club mentioned that a couple of weeks ago the mood in camp was that Rodgers is staying but recently it has changed to him being off to Man U and Martinez being lined up as a potential replacement.

It does feel like something isn't quite right but bad results always tend to give that feeling. Spoke to a few friends who support Man U and they don't want him.

I can see Martinez being on the shortlist, Lampard as well. 

Martinez would have a point to prove at this level similar to Moyes when he came back to West Ham it could work out? Who knows!

It’s clear to me Rodgers doesn’t want to be here anymore.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

For the record, I was against the sacking of Ranieri too. The biggest difference though, is that with Claudio we were getting dangerously close to relegation. The owners hand was forced to some degree and they had to make a decision. 
There is also the constant talk that Shakespeare was doing more of the coaching and on field prep than Claudio.

With Rodgers, it’s his vision the club are building upon. Despite how bad we are, we are not threatened with relegation this season. 

You make a fair point. However, what is this vision of Rodger's? We already have the owners overall simple vision and surely its merely the managers job to try his best to carry it out not have a personal egotistical one of his own. IF his vision is merely to play a particular brand of football then quite frankly he's living in la la land and that brand is pretty poor entertainment to watch in any case. 

Having 'a vision' has become a bit cliche to me these days. Every club quite simply wants to get as big, as good and as profitable as it can. Our owners have been a little bit more ethical about it perhaps and want us to be self sufficient also, all good stuff. After installing the fantastic training facilities, which arguably should help the aforementioned vision, with the right coach and staff in situ. The owners then intend to develop the ground further including other money making facilities. Sounds like a great plan/vision that is sustainable. 

This vision is that of the owners. It is not for a maverick manager to go off piste on a tangent to merely fulfil his ego of trying to get a team to play the Rodgers Barcelona way. His job is to win games with the players he's got available to him using a system best suited to those players with one eye on the particular opposition on the day. He's had a very very talented squad to work with that has been improved every year. His squad has been better than under any previous manager, especially Ranieri. He's simply not fulfilling his part of the deal. My submission is he's more concerned about his footballing style than substance and wrapped up in Rodgers world. Either that or he hasn't got much to back his blarney up with, his players no longer believe in him and have seen through him or, when the chips are down, he really doesn't know what he's doing and reverts to a one size fits all football mantra. His will to try and not lose appears far stronger than his will to try and win and it's caught him out on three previous occasions with us and Liverpool and we're simply heading for a fourth. Had he remained at Celtic, my suspicion would be that with the return of Gerrard's Rangers, it would have happened there also. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Dunno, I’m an ostrich, literally flexible enough and doing it now - so I can’t see you shaking that spear at me. 

No spear... I come in peace. 

I can foresee a series of events that mean we need a manager... probability?  Say 50%.

At this point we should be looking at exploring our contingency options... but are we doing it?

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

No spear... I come in peace. 

I can foresee a series of events that mean we need a manager... probability?  Say 50%.

At this point we should be looking at exploring our contingency options... but are we doing it?

We are generally a well run club, so I imagine we will be. This should play out relatively quickly if Man Utd are actually interested - although BR appears to be doing his best to help. 

15 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

You make a fair point. However, what is this vision of Rodger's? We already have the owners overall simple vision and surely its merely the managers job to try his best to carry it out not have a personal egotistical one of his own. IF his vision is merely to play a particular brand of football then quite frankly he's living in la la land and that brand is pretty poor entertainment to watch in any case. 

Having 'a vision' has become a bit cliche to me these days. Every club quite simply wants to get as big, as good and as profitable as it can. Our owners have been a little bit more ethical about it perhaps and want us to be self sufficient also, all good stuff. After installing the fantastic training facilities, which arguably should help the aforementioned vision, with the right coach and staff in situ. The owners then intend to develop the ground further including other money making facilities. Sounds like a great plan/vision that is sustainable. 

This vision is that of the owners. It is not for a maverick manager to go off piste on a tangent to merely fulfil his ego of trying to get a team to play the Rodgers Barcelona way. His job is to win games with the players he's got available to him using a system best suited to those players with one eye on the particular opposition on the day. He's had a very very talented squad to work with that has been improved every year. His squad has been better than under any previous manager, especially Ranieri. He's simply not fulfilling his part of the deal. My submission is he's more concerned about his footballing style than substance and wrapped up in Rodgers world. Either that or he hasn't got much to back his blarney up with, his players no longer believe in him and have seen through him or, when the chips are down, he really doesn't know what he's doing and reverts to a one size fits all football mantra. His will to try and not lose appears far stronger than his will to try and win and it's caught him out on three previous occasions with us and Liverpool and we're simply heading for a fourth. Had he remained at Celtic, my suspicion would be that with the return of Gerrard's Rangers, it would have happened there also. 

It never all good or all bad. Rodgers has done some good things here... yet it is is football vision that I believe is causing us a problem in games.

(Nb I would also like to see a change in sports science, fitness and conditiininh etc)

I hope we are thinking carefully about out plans shoukd ridger wish to exit.   While that may be a loss it is also an opportunity.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

It never all good or all bad. Rodgers has done some good things here... yet it is is football vision that I believe is causing us a problem in games.

(Nb I would also like to see a change in sports science, fitness and conditiininh etc)

I hope we are thinking carefully about out plans shoukd ridger wish to exit.   While that may be a loss it is also an opportunity.

Agreed. The worry for me though, of managers currently free and available, I struggle to see a great successor. 

• Sad 1

Yeah I think it’s time. I get the feeling that this is going to be Rodgers last season with us one way or the other. The best outcome would be Man Utd sacking Ole and taking him off our hands ASAP.

The players look as bored as the crowd are. They don’t look interested in playing his style of football and Rodgers isn’t going to change his methods anytime soon. 
We don’t look capable of beating anyone which is unforgivable with the squad of players we have.

We will have a situation next weekend where the visiting manager gets more support from the crowd than our current manager. I thank Brendan for the FA cup he delivered for us but his time is up now.

This has been going on for too long now to be a blip.  I have been in the give him time camp but sadly I'm changing my mind.  I think he has lost the players, they don't look happy and the comments from some recently and their general demeanour is not a happy camp. 

They have lost confidence in him, there have been disruptions behind the scenes with the covid party, other players feeling pushed out, lack of communication with some too and that's the things we do know about. If this carries on we are going to lose several players and they will refuse new contracts.  I'd rather lose Brendan than them.

I think his time is up.  

I don’t see him having any answers or ability to turn this around now.

Thanks for the good times Brendan.

Edited by Hales

Genuinely surprised to see the poll so close following his comments after the game. I don't care if there's some truth to the overachievement, he had us in prime position twice to get top 4 and we failed under his leadership. Two potential seasons of Champions League football could have been massive for the club, the players we could have kept/attracted. As I said in his thread, the fact that he almost seems to keep himself unattached from the club emotionally is one of his biggest failures. How do you expect players and everyone else to buy in to what you want to achieve if you see this as just a stepping stone or another job. Our club has been built on those who have a passion and desire to be take on anyone no matter how big/rich/well respected as under dogs and back ourselves to come out on top. To publicly come out and say we have been over achieving is unforgivable for me.

Edited by LcFc_Smiv
  • Like 3

Just now, Col city fan said:

It won’t happen.. the Board won’t sack Rodgers I don’t think. He has too much credit in the bank and he has too much power at the club I suspect. IF he does go though.. I’d take Lampard here no problem 

It's down to man utd offering him a job.

If he goes I too would like lampard... he will have learnt alot from watching tuchel turn cheksea around 

He’s earned enough credit to get the chance to put things right.

I don’t think the board will sack him either, unless things really get worse. 

But I have to say yesterday had shaken my faith in what he’s doing. 

Changing the back line every game and having no idea what the best team is at this stage of the season is not good. 

• Like 2

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54826343 

Ole's gone

"Michael Carrick will now take charge of the team for forthcoming games, while the club looks to appoint an interim manager to the end of the season."

So.. not BR then

Edited by ozleicester

It has never been any different, you do well and those who consider themselves the 'Big 6' will look to do what they can to destabilise you, be it taking your best players, or even just talking about taking them can be enough, same with a manager. It means as a club we are getting something right, but like it or not we have to accept that being 'Big 6' is about more than just the money, as Newcastle will be finding out. We just need to weather the storm and keep pushing. That said if we have staff who don't want to be here and to be as committed as our owners, then we should move them on for the best money we can get because I only want people here who care about the club as much as our owners and our fans.

8 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Lampard - based on what?

Point to prove

Winner (Chelsea was too big, too soon)

Makes a lot of sense when I listen to him

Fresh ideas

Lots of contacts in the game 

Exceptional player with many many international caps

Clearly respected by players in the game 

Missis half decent 

👍

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Point to prove

Fresh ideas

Missis half decent 

👍

No. I don’t want Lampard anywhere near our club. Rodgers, who is very far from the best tactician completely took Lampard’s Chelsea apart. 

• Thanks 1

Think Brendan maybe in the stage of just picking up the pay cheque, waiting for that next big opportunity to jump ship. Don't think he has the passion he once had here anymore, could say the same about a few of our more senior players.

It might be time for a change up top, no pun intended. Blood in those just coming through to the first team, inspire them to the next level, that won't come from the manager if he is eyeing up the next big thing (and probably considering taking a few players with him).

So I don't think Brendan is the man to lead us forward.

Maybe it's best he goes now before this season a write off, really hard to see how he turns things around from here, which I say reluctantly and with a heavy heart. Would be good if he, and the players, prove me wrong.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Point to prove

Fresh ideas

Missis half decent 

👍

So nice lad, good looking bloke with fit Mrs, and a very good ex player.

But no evidence to suggest he’ll be a good manager.

He’s exactly the opposite of who we need.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

I can see Martinez being on the shortlist, Lampard as well. 

Martinez would have a point to prove at this level similar to Moyes when he came back to West Ham it could work out? Who knows!

It’s clear to me Rodgers doesn’t want to be here anymore.

How is it clear to you that BR doesn't want to be hear ,

Just now, John rayner said:

How is it clear to you that BR doesn't want to be hear ,

Just looks disinterested, it’s reflecting in the players performances as well. Something seems off, there is no way the players are playing for the manager right now.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ttfn said:

We are a worse side now than we were when Rodgers took over.

With a considerably deeper squad and better players. Rodgers has had almost everything a manager could ever want from a club and we’re going backwards.

”who could we get that’s better?” On current form, basically anyone.

• Like 1

Listening and reading all these pontifications about Brendan's future I can't see anyone out there who would come to us and more importantly is better than what we already have.

We all hate defeat and the loss of form and folk will go on endlessly about the formation and who's in and who's been left out, obviously it is a difficult job but armchair  experts appear to know better. It's not just down to Brendan as there are a whole of factors involved in our downturn. Look how others Clubs performed, notably Burnley, when they got ravelled up in the Europa League.

• Thanks 1