Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

10 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Ben Jacobs is horrifically unreliable btw

Probably no worse than Nicolo Schira, plus he’s a Leicester supporter so GERRIMIN. 

Wait, sh*t, this is the Youri thread. He’s as good as gone, then. 

48 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The fact he still hasn’t signed a contract just cements the fact he’s going, however, no matter where he goes, I will ALWAYS stand and applaud this man, for delivering us probably the most amazing sporting moment in my personal history of watching Leicester (over the league won purely because of the lockdown, limited fans being at Wembley thing). 

Not just this, he's been top class and set an example at this club for 3 years now and really been the lynchpin of the midfield, you can count the games he hasn't played on one hand!. The FA cup winning goal was the cherry on the cake. It'll be so sad to see him leave :cry:

24 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We dont really have a say in that. Both clubs have been linked and it’s the only way they will get him. 

I think we'd sooner sell this summer to anyone willing to pay a half decent fee. Do you not think either will make an offer, then?

Edited by Raw Dykes

I'd definitely be tempted to sell him this month, purely because we'll be offered more now than we would in the summer. However, there will be less offers this month so is less attractive to the player. 

I don't see any team desperate to part with £60m, but we then need to be prepared to see him go for £40-50m in the summer, no way are we getting more than that. It will drag on and on if we aren't careful all summer. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think we'd sooner sell this summer to anyone willing to pay a half decent fee. Do you not think either will make an offer, then?

Generally both clubs avoid paying transfer fees as they can’t compete against the PL clubs. Juve in particular like to use pre contract agreements - Ramsey and McKennie recent examples. 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Generally both clubs avoid paying transfer fees as they can’t compete against the PL clubs. Juve in particular like to use pre contract agreements - Ramsey and McKennie recent examples. 

I think we'll probably sell for ~£30m rather than keep him for the final year of his contract and risk losing him for nothing.

17 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

And the season before? :/

Global pandemic, injuries and lose of form.  

We had just beaten Villa 4-0 before the world stopped, think if the season hadn't paused we would have beaten both Watford and BHA in the next 2 rather then drawing.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I do fear wherever he goes it could be a repeat of the Monaco move, a big club with fans who demand lots of a £60m signing could be disastrous for his confidence 

Same, I said similar before. Think it might be like the Drinkwater move but just not as disastrous.

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We had just beaten Villa 4-0 before the world stopped, think if the season hadn't paused we would have beaten both Watford and BHA in the next 2 rather then drawing.

It was in our hands and we blew it twice. 

Good luck, Youri. Thank you for some of the best years we’ve ever had and for that incredible goal at Wembley. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Agreed, probably would have, but we were poor for a long time before the Villa game. Issues started after that terrible draw with Norwich in December.

Still, all hindsight and we move on. Two wonderful seasons regardless.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, The_77 said:

It was in our hands and we blew it twice. 

Good luck, Youri. Thank you for some of the best years we’ve ever had and for that incredible goal at Wembley. 

Sometimes you have to accept we weren't quite good enough.

Without Man U ability to spend 60m on Bruno Fernandez they don't catch us in 19/20.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Sometimes you have to accept we weren't quite good enough.

Without Man U ability to spend 60m on Bruno Fernandez they don't catch us in 19/20.

Yeah, most likely true. But it’s OK and I’m not losing sleep over it. Just gotta move on and hope the club makes the best decisions to keep up our progress. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Agreed, probably would have, but we were poor for a long time before the Villa game. Issues started after that terrible draw with Norwich in December.

Still, all hindsight and we move on. Two wonderful seasons regardless.

I think it just hurts to be so close.

People like to think little of achieving back to back 5th place finishes.

When you consider only us x 2, West Ham and Southampton have finished in the top 6 outside of the big 6 in the last 8 years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Italy is the most likely, Juve are in need of some new blood.

Lmao, hell no. 

He's not ending up at either of Juve or Arsenal. His one ambition is champions league football, the way things are going, neither of these 2 club will be able to offer him that. 

2 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Yeah, most likely true. But it’s OK and I’m not losing sleep over it. Just gotta move on and hope the club makes the best decisions to keep up our progress. 

100% 

It hurts but the FA Cup took away some of the sting!

• Like 1