Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

I knew this thread would come up at some stage. 

Regrettably, with 18 months left on his contract, his value has plummeted. 

We won’t sell him in January. 

Come the summer, we’ll be lucky to get £35m I’d imagine. 

• Haha 1

Obviously won't be pleasant to lose him, but unlike a few players who have left for pastures new, Youri would probably do so with well wishes from most of us. More of a Kante situation than a Mahrez - I think we acknowledge the guy deserves to be playing UCL football given his quality, hasn't taken his foot off the gas in light of speculation, and has given us a lot of happy memories and moments in his time here. :blush:

All that said, Arsenal can FOAD though. :trumpet:

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

"A big bid in January" ?

A big bid ?

This is agent talk guys.

Agent: Youri, I want to see how far Leicester will go. Either we get the money we want or it gives us a better idea of who our real suitors and how far they are willing to go. 

Who can we use so that we dont piss our real targets off. 

Youri: Arsenal 

Agent: Right you are. 

34 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Lmao, hell no. 

He's not ending up at either of Juve or Arsenal. His one ambition is champions league football, the way things are going, neither of these 2 club will be able to offer him that. 

Juventus will make the top four, they always do. Youri should slot in there quite well I reckon.

• Like 1

World class midfielder. It’s been great to see him progress so much here. I really hope we somehow manage to tie him down but I can’t see it. He deserves to play at the very top. If it’s Arsenal then I will be very disappointed.

37 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Ings just went for £30m with 1 year left, Youri has more sell on value. £50m wouldn’t shock me.

Lets hope so.

The other problem I can see us facing is actually when in the summer he leaves. I'd guess we'd favour an early deal so we can reinvest, whereas buyers would probably want to leave it late in the hope we get desperate and accept a lower bid.

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It's been a privilege to see him play for us whatever happens.  I'd be gutted to see him go though 

Yeah, he's been colossal. He gets in our best ever team which given we won a Prem title only a few years before he came shows how good he's been. He's the only player signed post title win that would get in our best ever side as it currently stands, possibly pre injury Ricardo too. 

• Like 1

Arsenal have held talks with the agent of Youri Tielemans at London Colney as the Gunners consider a potential move for the Leicester City star, according to a report from Goal.

https://tbrfootball.com/report-agents-of-top-class-pl-star-travel-for-talks-with-arsenal/

Are they allowed to do this without our permission if he's still got 18 months left?

4 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Unless there's a bidding war (they don't seem to happen anymore) he'll be very cheap. We all knew it deep down when he only signed for 3 years it would most likely be 2 and gone, he holds all the cards this summer so could be a depressingly low fee. 

Club owners  prefer Paper Scissors Stone these days

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

Arsenal have held talks with the agent of Youri Tielemans at London Colney as the Gunners consider a potential move for the Leicester City star, according to a report from Goal.

https://tbrfootball.com/report-agents-of-top-class-pl-star-travel-for-talks-with-arsenal/

Are they allowed to do this without our permission if he's still got 18 months left?

I suppose we may have given them permission if the decision is to let him go now and maximise the fee. I don't think it is the right move for Youri though , expectations would be too high.

27 minutes ago, davieG said:

I’d say so they’d only be enquiring so hardly crime of the century. Can’t see him going there though.

Wouldn’t be good to see him play for another English club but I think that will be the only way we get anywhere near his true value.

If we sell him abroad this summer I can’t see us getting any more than £25m.